Juliann Gets Her Comeuppance Over On MD&D

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Re: Juliann Gets Her Comeuppance Over On MD&D

Post by _MsJack »

Kevin Graham wrote:
MsJack wrote:Juliann's comeuppance is that her only legacy in life will be "ran a sucky message board."

True, but it couldn't possibly be any worse than "Fathead Answers"! :lol:

Good times.

I am 100% confident that "Fathead Answers" was the superior message board.
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

I don't want this comment to be political, nor is it intended to be...but reading the thread, and having gone round and round with Juliann back when I was worthy enough to be in her presence...she is the Hilary of mopology, I doubt if even those that agree with her on things LDS like her. A red queen if there ever was one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eobuu-IexvI
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Madison54
_Emeritus

Post by _Madison54 »

Markk wrote:I don't want this comment to be political, nor is it intended to be...but reading the thread, and having gone round and round with Juliann back when I was worthy enough to be in her presence...she is the Hilary of mopology, I doubt if even those that agree with her on things LDS like her. A red queen if there ever was one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eobuu-IexvI

Funny....and very true! :lol:

Juliann did post yesterday that she'd been very busy, but would be back to tie things up (summarize) that thread on Sunday or Monday. However, no one seems to care. It's pretty odd that she thinks the posters over there are so dumb, they can't read the thread themselves and see what she was trying to do.

Apparently she feels that she needs to explain it all to them. Again :rolleyes:
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Madison54 wrote:
candygal wrote:I believe a lot of members there..TBM's or not..are embarrassed by her actions.

On other threads recently, I have agreed with her and gave her a rep or responded. Some poor souls over there respond to me knowing that I never will get any reaction from her. Kindness, I believe is not in her vocabulary. I felt bad for Mormons there that were truth seeking and had real questions. To delete their posts was a lot more devastating than to delete mine. Some may even fall off this fence they are on.. :cry:

Yes, such as how rude she was to JulieM (who from what I can tell is still an active, believing member but just has some questions). She told her she wasn't welcome on the thread after JulieM posted that maybe everyone needs a reminder to be more civil with each other at times.

But then, juliann turns around and tells Teancum (who I love, but posts some very harsh criticisms and most cynical posts against the church that I've seen on MD&D):
"We go so far back I feel like I have watched your transition ...to the degree you have shared it. We all have bad hair days, all of us. I would put you in that category on your off days because you ultimately show that layer of graciousness that has always been there. It wouldn't be MDDB without Teancum."

She is just all over the place and really seems quite unstable, in my opinion.

all over the place is right. Based on her interactions I've read with Teancum in the past, the piece you excerpted above reads like she was just waiting for any critic to post so she could make the speech in an attempt to reference and redeem herself. It doesn't sound unique to her relationship with Teancum at all.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Madison54 wrote:
But then, juliann turns around and tells Teancum (who I love, but posts some very harsh criticisms and most cynical posts against the church that I've seen on MD&D):
"We go so far back I feel like I have watched your transition ...to the degree you have shared it. We all have bad hair days, all of us. I would put you in that category on your off days because you ultimately show that layer of graciousness that has always been there. It wouldn't be MDDB without Teancum."

She is just all over the place and really seems quite unstable, in my opinion.

She knows Teancum for years as do I. There's no way she's going to try to get over on him or talk down to him, like she does others whom she likely views as weak. If he's posting harsh criticism over there, he has the knowledge base with which to do it and she knows it.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hi Madison! :smile:

Madison54 wrote:Teancum (who I love

It's been so long since I have read any posts by Teancum - or have had the opportunity to engage Teancum - but those unfortunate realities have not eliminated the very fond memories that I have from many many moons ago. :smile:

When you stop and think about it, it's really quite remarkable that people that you have never met in real life can leave impressions like that (both good and not so good)

Peace,
Ceeboo
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

I admire any non-Mormon who has the combination of motivation and skills needed to post on that board in any substantive and critical way, and to ensure that he or she is allowed to continue to do so.

It can be done (just about). But the effort required is akin to, say. writing a short story without using the letter 'e'. It can be done, but there are so many more interesting things to do with that amount of energy and time.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

MsJack wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:True, but it couldn't possibly be any worse than "Fathead Answers"! :lol:

I am 100% confident that "Fathead Answers" was the superior message board.

What and where is this "Fathead Answers" of which you speak?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Post by _MsJack »

Dr. Shades wrote:What and where is this "Fathead Answers" of which you speak?

Back in 1999-2000 or so, Kevin had a message board called Mormon Answers. I was 17 or 18 and he had given me the password to his account for some LDS resource database. Well, I figured that was probably his password to a lot of things, so I tried logging into the admin for Mormon Answers. It worked and I promptly changed the name of the message board to Fathead Answers. I meant it as a good-natured prank.

I was young though and didn't understand that some things are only funny once, so I did it again. That time he got pretty angry, and I felt really bad. Never tried to log into any of his accounts again. (EDIT: Until my next post, that is...)
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Post by _MsJack »

PS --- He still uses that same password, apparently.

:lol: :lol: :lol: