Draw your favorite MDB Poster!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Re: Draw your favorite MDB Poster!

Post by _Quasimodo »

Morley wrote:Adding to the Quasimodo image flood.

My buddy, Quasi, at his favorite hobby.

Wow, buddy! This is GREAT! Thanks so much! I wish I was doing that right now. Two great images. In one I'm catching Esmeralda and in the other I'm catching trout. I don't want to throw either of them back. :biggrin:
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

Another incredibly badass entry from the Blixster!
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

CaliforniaKid wrote:Another incredibly badass entry from the Blixster!

Thanks, Chris!
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered with/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Blixa, have you done Polygamy Potter yet? The imaginative collage possibilities on on such a drawing is huge. Putting your ideas together in a drawing you create is an awesome gift. On another forum today, I wish I was able to sketch Dr. Peterson as Don Quixote and Bill Hamblin as Sancho Panza so they would be at least be recognizable. Your drawings go way beyond recognizable and add eye-catching art.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

moksha wrote:Blixa, have you done Polygamy Potter yet? The imaginative collage possibilities on on such a drawing is huge. Putting your ideas together in a drawing you create is an awesome gift. On another forum today, I wish I was able to sketch Dr. Peterson as Don Quixote and Bill Hamblin as Sancho Panza so they would be at least be recognizable. Your drawings go way beyond recognizable and add eye-catching art.

Moksha, I have the most trouble with those posters whose screen names, like PP's have such recognizable referents. It's taken me this long to crack Quasimodo and Fencesitter; I'm still stumped on Bond.

As for your second suggestion, I think a Cruikshank-esque cartoon of Humpty Dumpty surrounded by his editorial board, might be more fitting.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered with/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Blixa wrote:Image

Fencesitter, obviously.

Juggler Vain: I know the temptation. I need to do some ink and watercolour work this summer!

Wow!

It is incredible!

Thank you so much!
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

I've had a hard time coming up with a drawing for Bond that wasn't just a reiteration of various James Bond cliches. I'm not sure I'm happy with this, so it might just be a placeholder for a future work...
Last edited by Ahoody on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_MrStakhanovite
_Emeritus

Post by _MrStakhanovite »

If I had the talent, I'd have a couple of Donkies in cheap suits digging up the grave of Keynes.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

Blixa, how about just a tiny amount of Bond cliché added to that?
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_Bond James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond James Bond »

I love it greatness Blixa! (If you want inspiration James Bond changing the tire would make me lol) :wink:
Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded.-charity 3/7/07

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.