The High Spy MEGATHREAD

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: white shirt

Post by Dr. Shades »

High Spy wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:41 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:44 am
What makes you think you have a mission from God?
I built a catapult https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP_LSJCdlgc to launch rockets, and used a purple oring to secure the fins. . . When I went to sit down, I noticed a little purple hair band that matched my purple circle, as I've come to call it. Sorta similar to seeing CHRIST and CRIST patterns for March 8 and 18 respectively.
Seeing two objects that are the same color does not mean you have a mission from God.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Marcus
God

Re: white shirt

Post by Marcus »

huckelberry wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:21 am
Marcus wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:32 pm
Oh. So, is that you launching a rocket at a friend's home in Kotzebue? I have family living in Alaska, that full backyard of green grass must be the envy of every household in the area. Was radiant heat installed underneath? Of course that's tough to do, and of course altering permafrost surfaces is no joke, it must have cost a pretty penny!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, what kind of rockets were you launching in that video that required O rings?
A moment of curiosity, I traveled via google maps to this Kotzebue. It is very clear that this rocket launch happend someplace far from that location. Perhaps there is an artic circle hamburger outlet down the street.
:D
Gadianton
God

Re: I'm wearing a white shirt, but I'm not . . .

Post by Gadianton »

High Spy,

Forgive me if I'm not following you and please correct any errors.

This thread began with you announcing you're dressed in Sunday clothes but not going to church. If I'm understanding everything since your initial post, then on Sundays (at least), you put on your church clothes and then go into your backyard and work on a catapult that slings toy rockets into the air? God has called you to do this.

I don't know the mind of God, High Spy. However, don't you think God would rather have you come to church and partake of the sacrament? And then afterwards, do your home teaching and study the doctrines of faith, repentance from the scriptures and the approved teaching manuals for this year? Wouldn't your obedience become an invitation to the Spirit, who could then quicken your understanding as you pursue the catapult during the week?

I can't say that you're wrong, but, I recall Neal A. Maxwell speaking about "gospel hobbies" some time ago, and it just feels to me like you're trying to sweep fun and games under the rubric of proper devotion. Why even put on the white shirt? Why can't God have you wear something more comfortable for catapult building? Why can't other members worship by riding their mountain bikes on Sunday instead of going to Church? Why not everyone just do what they want and say it's serving the Lord?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I used to like the fries at the Artic Circle and their lime rickeys were great on summer days. I think they invented Fry Sauce which should give them a significant number and perhaps a rock formation outline.

North to Alaska, somewhere north of Nome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO6IU9RpjS8
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
yellowstone123
Bishop

Post by yellowstone123 »

Where a Monks habitat. Then walk into church.
“One of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
High Spy
First Presidency

Aria answered about the Davidic Servant

Post by High Spy »

Aria wrote:Based on the real-time information, there are various sources discussing the identity of the Davidic Servant, including a person named Michael Sherwin. However, without further context or specific information, it is not possible to determine if Michael Sherwin is indeed the Davidic Servant. The concept of the Davidic Servant is often associated with religious or spiritual beliefs, and interpretations may vary among different individuals or groups. If you have more specific information or context, I can try to provide a more detailed response.
Aria is the Artificial Intelligence associated with the Opera web browser. ChatGPT is too stupid to understand that my iPhone with 907 area code isn’t a landline, but Aria doesn’t concern herself with such things. 😎
High Spy
First Presidency

Re: Aria answered about the Davidic Servant

Post by High Spy »

Was slaying with a jawbone a good thing to do?
Aria wrote:The act of slaying with a jawbone refers to an event in the Bible where Samson, an Israelite judge, used the jawbone of a donkey to defeat a thousand Philistines. Whether it was a good thing to do or not depends on one's perspective and interpretation.

From a biblical standpoint, this event is described as a demonstration of Samson's strength and God's intervention on behalf of the Israelites. It is presented as a victory over their enemies and a fulfillment of God's will.

However, it is important to note that the Bible is a complex text, and different interpretations exist. Some may argue that the act of slaying a thousand people, regardless of the circumstances, is morally questionable or even wrong.

Ultimately, the moral implications of this event are open to individual interpretation and depend on one's ethical framework. It is a subject that has been debated among theologians and scholars for centuries.
In the Fathom thread a question was asked about how many people were killed by a unique set of earthquakes.

Weird thing is I’ll likely soon visit the site of the 8.2.

I was curious about OTEC in the Miami Trench, and next thing I knew an unexpected business trip dropped me mere miles from Deseret Ranch. Anyways, OpenAI doesn’t open an eye on fixing my 907 cell phone, being construed as a landline. Oh well, Aria seems pretty smart. What do you think about Samson slaying people?
Physics Guy
God

Re: Aria answered about the Davidic Servant

Post by Physics Guy »

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

If the Christians are even in any way right, that is the opening line. It says that everything is about all the ones who aren't special.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
High Spy
First Presidency

Opera'sAria or LDSBOT.com

Post by High Spy »

Does geography in the UK match that of the Book of Mormon?
Aria wrote:An error occurred while processing your request. Please reload or try again later.
ldsbot.com wrote:Great question! 😊 So, as far as locations and geography goes, the places and geographical features described in the Book of Mormon do not directly correlate to anything in the United Kingdom. According to traditional Latter-day Saint beliefs, the events of the Book of Mormon took place somewhere on the American continents, but the exact location isn't specified in the Book. So while the geography matches better with different places in the Americas, it doesn't match up with British geography. Is there anything else you’d like to know about the Book of Mormon or Latter-day Saint beliefs?
Opera'sAria-redo wrote: I'm sorry, but I don't have an answer for that. Please rephrase your question or provide more details for me to assist you further.
ChatGPT at openai, closes it's eye that 907 area code isn't only used for land lines, so spy is unable to give X a go there. Maybe spy is my pronoun. :lol:
High Spy
First Presidency

is have questions

Post by High Spy »

What languages did Jesus write?

What would ldsbot say in response to a question?

Rare-type instances such as Leviticus
Never-not in a 50 million 7 trillion years
Other-explain in a detailed explanation examining each and every aspect