Anonymous Source Confirms Hit Piece

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Re: Anonymous Source Confirms Hit Piece

Post by _Kishkumen »

Wiki Wonka wrote:7) Once the article was rejected by the MSR, ownership reverted fully to Greg Smith. The only reason that it hasn't appeared since then is because Greg chose not [to] release it.

Well, apostolic disapproval surely played some role in helping him make up his mind about that.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

Bazooka wrote:Just to remind the board, I have 'stemelbow' on 'ignore' so I haven't read what he has just posted.
I'd like to keep it that way...

He's currently writing as a normal person, which indicates that he believes he has some profound insight to offer. But I'm sure the fake hillbilly "pep pep" crap will return as soon as he feels his argument by assertion has run its course.
_stemelbow
_Emeritus

Post by _stemelbow »

Kishkumen wrote:Well, apostolic disapproval surely played some role in helping him make up his mind about that.

CFR.

I know, you guys don't care about the facts and all that--no need to actually back up your statements. But still the same...
Love ya tons,
Stem

I ain't nuttin'. don't get all worked up on account of me.
_stemelbow
_Emeritus

Post by _stemelbow »

Darth J wrote:He's currently writing as a normal person, which indicates that he believes he has some profound insight to offer. But I'm sure the fake hillbilly "pep pep" s*** will return as soon as he feels his argument by assertion has run its course.

"Pep pep" isn't fake hillbilly. Man, you simply don't get it.
Love ya tons,
Stem

I ain't nuttin'. don't get all worked up on account of me.
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

stemelbow wrote:
Darth J wrote:He's currently writing as a normal person, which indicates that he believes he has some profound insight to offer. But I'm sure the fake hillbilly "pep pep" s*** will return as soon as he feels his argument by assertion has run its course.

"Pep pep" isn't fake hillbilly. Man, you simply don't get it.

Pep pep! Look like that old chump SB is whimperin' and whinin' and fussin' like usual. It's nuthin' much. Love ya tons!
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

Say, did anyone notice how the pre-Bradford narrative was that the MI had the tacit approval of the Bretheren, but the post-Bradford narrative is that the Bretheren have no idea at all what's going on? Or how we're led by Living Prophets, Seers And Revelators Who Are Special Witnesses Of The Lord Jesus Christ That Lead The Church With Divine Inspiration, but they're completely oblivious to the fate of the Knights Templar battling criticism of the Restored Gospel, which criticism will now proceed unabated?
_Tim the Enchanter
_Emeritus

Post by _Tim the Enchanter »

Tom wrote:
Wiki Wonka wrote:1) The original title was "Dubious 'Mormon' Stories that John Dehlin Tells to Me". I don't care for the title, simply because I don't like titles that include a person's name in them. I don't know if it was going to be changed for publication or not.

I don't care for the title because it's violates the meter of the Primary song's opening phrase. It's hard on the ears. Plus it's difficult to formulate hand motions for the title.

They could have gone with "Anti-Mormon Stories That John Delhin tells to Me" while making the universal rocker devil sign. That could work.

There are some who call me...Tim.
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

"Dubious 'Mormon' Stories

It's the redundancy that turns me off to the title.
_Racer
_Emeritus

Post by _Racer »

In hindsight, not publishing the John Dehlin piece was the best thing the MI could have done given John Dehlin's recent direction he has decided to take. Like him or hate him, Dehlins's movement was gaining massive steam. Imagine the piece did get published. Dehlin, his followere, or both go nuclear. A big kick to a hornet nest that didn't need to be disturbed. The church now has a massive apostate movement and they (NAMIR) provided the fuel for it to explode with the hit piece. If the piece was published, I guarantee Dehlin would not have gone the same direction he recently took.

Smooth move not to publish. Maybe some "Seer" foresaw a different outcome that DCP and his followers can't seem to grasp.
Tapirs... Yeah... That's the ticket!
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

Could the plea John Dehlin made to the GA have gone along the lines of "Look, I'm thinking about returning to Church. This article by Smith will make that harder, maybe even impossible for me to do so. Please can you help?"

Then the GA saw the chance to quieten a problem for the Church (John Dehlin) by silencing another problem for the Church (OMIDS).

Hmmm...I like the way that fits.
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)