Reply to Gaz

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Reply to Gaz

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Hi Gaz,

You've asked me on another thread: Is this only open to Shirts, or can anyone join in?

Gaz, this is the kind of thing that makes me want to kill myself. That makes twice today that I've posted about killing myself. The thread is addressed to Kerry, the opening post is addressed to Kerry and this is why.

It's for Kerry.

I don't understand why people see a thread directed at a specific person and have to reply in it before the person it's directed to replies.

I would really like for people to leave the thread open (I realize I'm asking for miracles) until the person it's addressed to replies.

That would be Kerry.

If Kerry chooses to reply then have at it. Is that too much to ask? I couldn't get a clean start to a thread around here if I were willing to pay money to get it.

I opened that particular thread so that if Kerry wishes to reply he can do so without wading knee deep through mud. And why is that, you ask? Because I don't think people should have to wade through mud in order to address a thread about their work.

Suicidally yours,
Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_cksalmon
_Emeritus

Re: Reply to Gaz

Post by _cksalmon »

Jersey Girl wrote:Hi Gaz,

You've asked me on another thread: Is this only open to Shirts, or can anyone join in?

Gaz, this is the kind of thing that makes me want to kill myself. That makes twice today that I've posted about killing myself. The thread is addressed to Kerry, the opening post is addressed to Kerry and this is why.

It's for Kerry.

I don't understand why people see a thread directed at a specific person and have to reply in it before the person it's directed to replies.

I would really like for people to leave the thread open (I realize I'm asking for miracles) until the person it's addressed to replies.

That would be Kerry.

If Kerry chooses to reply then have at it. Is that too much to ask? I couldn't get a clean start to a thread around here if I were willing to pay money to get it.

I opened that particular thread so that if Kerry wishes to reply he can do so without wading knee deep through mud. And why is that, you ask? Because I don't think people should have to wade through mud in order to address a thread about their work.

Suicidally yours,
Jersey Girl

What mud? There was one response asking if it was an open thread or not. How does a single response close the thread in question?

Does a response by anyone other than Kerry=mud?

I'm sure if he is willing to respond, he will do so to do the thread with the most traffic, frankly.

CKS
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

oops. I just posted there. I was mostly just elaborating on your own points. Should I delete my post there and take it to a different thread?
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

CaliforniaKid wrote:oops. I just posted there. I was mostly just elaborating on your own points. Should I delete my post there and take it to a different thread?

Kerry is not going to come here. He may read here, but he's not going to post here. He has no interest in discussion. It's sad, really, because he was once a fair-minded individual. Once. But this obsession with God's penis (if he is indeed a he, and if he has a penis, neither points did Kerry prove) is somehow creepy.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Guess its a good thing I didn't respond to the topic there !

Was that kind of like if I saw you in a restraunt and asked if the fries were good and took one off your plate and ate it?

Thread etiquete noted and understood.

Gaz
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

CKS: The mud I was referring to was the buildup of mud on the first thread I posted my post for Kerry that was started by dart.

Celestial Kingdom: If you wouldn't mind, I'd still appreciate folks not posting there just for one more day?

harm: I don't know if Kerry wishes to participate or not. The door is open, I can't make him walk through it.

Gaz: It was like you took my plate away.

I find myself increasingly frustrated with this board, and perhaps message boards in general. For example, the talking between posters from board to board. That's got to be one of the massively stupider things I've ever witnessed on boards. I've done it myself, I regret doing it and trying to resist the temptation to do it now.

The thread that dart started was, IMHO, intended for the purpose of ridicule and not much else. Then, I happened to catch Kerry's comments on MAD...which led to my seeing the exchanges between Kevin and Kerry on Kerry's blog.

And then Kerry made a comment (which I copied and used in my post on this board) to the effect that he doubted the capability of anyone on this board to engage seriously regarding his podcast.

I don't understand that remark. I don't think that I, for example, am without some level of intellect. I think that I could give it a try. I think I'm quite capable of conducting civil and serious dialogue. But, I'm not going to participate in monologue nor am I going to intrude on someone's personal blog. I understand why Kevin might do that, but it's not my thing.

So anyway, I made a separate thread in order to engage in serious discussion. I made an effort, that's all I intended to do and that's all I will do. I'm not going to beg someone to engage in the type of discussion they say they can't get on this board. If they want it...it's right here for the taking.

So whatever.

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb