Hinckley got Pwn3d

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Hinckley got Pwn3d

Post by _Mercury »

From Forbes:

That became clear when Cheney was introduced. He received thunderous applause from the 20,000 people at gathered at the university, which is owned by the Mormon church. The crowd cheered louder for Cheney than they did for church President Gordon B. Hinckley, whom Mormons consider a prophet.

Sooo, We see that even at BYU the prophet is getting upstaged. Damn, times are changing.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

I'm willing to bet that they just felt awkward applauding the Prophet. Note general lack of applause in General Conference.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

The Nehor wrote:I'm willing to bet that they just felt awkward applauding the Prophet. Note general lack of applause in General Conference.

Or maybe they thought Cheney wouldn't be likely to take them to task for their earrings, tattoos, facial hair, ponytails, or flip flops. Maybe they thought Cheney would actually give some information that would be useful in the real world, instead of what they've learned in at least four of their classes.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

harmony wrote:
The Nehor wrote:I'm willing to bet that they just felt awkward applauding the Prophet. Note general lack of applause in General Conference.

Or maybe they thought Cheney wouldn't be likely to take them to task for their earrings, tattoos, facial hair, ponytails, or flip flops. Maybe they thought Cheney would actually give some information that would be useful in the real world, instead of what they've learned in at least four of their classes.

I wore a speedo swimming last week. Should I watch my mailbox for excommunication papers? I better warn my uncle about the ponytail thing.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

"I wore a speedo swimming last week."

TMI, Nehor, TMI.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

The Nehor wrote:
harmony wrote:

I wore a speedo swimming last week. Should I watch my mailbox for excommunication papers? I better warn my uncle about the ponytail thing.

A crime against humanity, Nehor. Unless you're one of the 2 people in the world who look good in one.
_The Dude
_Emeritus

Post by _The Dude »

The Nehor wrote:I wore a speedo swimming last week.

Good idea for your "Mormon Discussions" avatar!
"And yet another little spot is smoothed out of the echo chamber wall..." Bond
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

harmony wrote:
The Nehor wrote:
harmony wrote:

A crime against humanity, Nehor. Unless you're one of the 2 people in the world who look good in one.

Operation "Get a Six-Pack" has met with complete success. Of course I look good.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

The Dude wrote:

I don't come here to drive women mad with desire.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

The Nehor wrote:
The Dude wrote:

I don't come here to drive women mad with desire.

Awww....why not? :(