Prof. P Makes Nasty Remark About Church PR

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Prof. P Makes Nasty Remark About Church PR

Post by _Mister Scratch »

For whatever reason, the Good Professor is spiraling out of control again. Perhaps it is the pressure/concern over the imminent broadcast of The Mormons. In any case, I was quite astonished to see this rather angry post from him, which came in response to the email from Bro. Holland, which I already posted on the other thread:

Daniel Peterson wrote:The speculation will all be over in just a few days, but I would be dumbfounded, amazed, astonished, and . . . well, surprised if the film turns out to be anything like a "bigoted and unprincipled assault."

Will it discuss and emphasize things that many of us would rather not have emphasized, or even publicly discussed? Probably. Will it always handle them the way we would prefer? Probably not. Will it give a few critics a platform that we ourselves would not have given them? Almost certainly. But I expect that there will be things in the film that we -- or, at least, that I -- will like very much. Helen Whitney isn't a public relations flack for the Church, or a missionary. We have no right to expect her to act like one. We do, however, have a right to expect that she will be reasonably fair and sympathetic, and that is precisely what I, for one, do expect. If she's not, I'll be disappointed in the film and in her, and (for what little it's worth) will tell her so.
(emphasis added)

Wow! Not only does he manage to insult both Church PR and the missionaries in one fell swoop, he is threatening to chastise Helen Whitney if the film doesn't meet his standards? Krispy Kreme King indeed! This seems like a significant slip-up on his part, and I think he really should have known better than to label Church PR people as "flacks." Not very nice at all! Does this mean, by extension, that he thinks the Church whitewashes its history and image? So, not only does he engage in malicious gossip, but he secretly looks down on Church PR as well! Stunning!
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Scratch, you are more full of crap than the old sh*t trucks which came around to empty household refuse. What more do you want Scratch? Have you not basked in your own diaherra long enough. What do you want - applause? Get a f*cking life arsehole.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Ray A wrote:Scratch, you are more full of crap than the old s*** trucks which came around to empty household refuse. What more do you want Scratch? Have you not basked in your own diaherra long enough. What do you want - applause? Get a f***ing life a**hole.

Face it Ray: your idol has screwed up again. And since you asked, the "more" that I want would be for DCP to apologize---publicly---for making a false accusation against me. That's it. Simple as that. If he does that, I will leave him alone.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Mister Scratch wrote:
Ray A wrote:Scratch, you are more full of crap than the old s*** trucks which came around to empty household refuse. What more do you want Scratch? Have you not basked in your own diaherra long enough. What do you want - applause? Get a f***ing life a**hole.

Face it Ray: your idol has screwed up again. And since you asked, the "more" that I want would be for DCP to apologize---publicly---for making a false accusation against me. That's it. Simple as that. If he does that, I will leave him alone.

Oh, we must fear "Mister Scratch"!!!!! Scratch, I tremble in your presence.

What are you anyway? WHO the f*Celestial Kingdom are you? What is your identity? Until I know who you really are, you are just a piece of sh*t hanging off a dog's arse.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Ray A wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:

Oh, we must fear "Mister Scratch"!!!!! Scratch, I tremble in your presence.

What are you talking about?

What are you anyway? WHO the f*** are you? What is your identity? Until I know who you really are, you are just a piece of s*** hanging off a dog's a***.

If you can explain how this would make any difference as to the relevance of the above (i.e., the OP), then maybe I'll tell you.
Last edited by Physics Guy on Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Learn to use the quote function - arsehole.

Go ahead and do your "DCP posts". How bitter are you? Really? How much more psycho-babble do we need on DCP? Do you know when to give it a f****** rest, arsehole? What are you looking for? Recognition? Okay. I recognise you as the biggest pimple on Mike Tyson's arse.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Ray A wrote:Learn to use the quote function - a*******.

Ray, are you drunk right now?

Go ahead and do your "DCP posts".

Okay, I will. After all, they are among the most popular posts that I do.

How bitter are you? Really?

Frankly, I am not the least bit bitter at all.

How much more psycho-babble do we need on DCP?

No "psycho-babble." Just the facts.

Do you know when to give it a f****** rest, a******?

Gee, I guess not.

What are you looking for? Recognition?

No. I am looking for an apology.

Okay. I recognise you as the biggest pimple on Mike Tyson's a**.

How sweet of you.
_Lucretia MacEvil
_Emeritus

Post by _Lucretia MacEvil »

Ray A wrote:Learn to use the quote function - arsehole.

Go ahead and do your "DCP posts". How bitter are you? Really? How much more psycho-babble do we need on DCP? Do you know when to give it a f****** rest, arsehole? What are you looking for? Recognition? Okay. I recognise you as the biggest pimple on Mike Tyson's arse.

Ray, BREATHE. You're worrying me.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Lucretia MacEvil wrote:Ray, BREATHE. You're worrying me.

If my breath was a stink as yours, I'd spare my fellowmen.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato