Prof. P Makes Nasty Remark About Church PR

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Yong Xi wrote:Are you hung up on Book of Mormon authorship? I seem to recall a post of yours on FAIR that suggested your inability to view the Book of Mormon as having anything but divine origins.

If your reading comprehension is anything like Scratch's, then I can see why you would conclude this.

Yong Xi wrote:At any rate, I am sorry to see you ranting in such a fashion and am rather shocked. You make it hard to take you seriously, and I would prefer to. I rather like you.

You don't get it do you? Do you really think opinions like this make any difference to me? I did this on RFM, and on Exmo-Social, and what they think of me means -zilch!
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Ray A wrote:
Yong Xi wrote:Are you hung up on Book of Mormon authorship? I seem to recall a post of yours on FAIR that suggested your inability to view the Book of Mormon as having anything but divine origins.

If your reading comprehension is anything like Scratch's, then I can see why you would conclude this.

Yong Xi wrote:At any rate, I am sorry to see you ranting in such a fashion and am rather shocked. You make it hard to take you seriously, and I would prefer to. I rather like you.

You don't get it do you? Do you really think opinions like this make any difference to me? I did this on RFM, and on Exmo-Social, and what they think of me means -zilch!

Why do you think that what you think of this board and the posters on it would mean more than zilch to us?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Yong Xi
_Emeritus

Post by _Yong Xi »

Ray A wrote:

My post wasn't intended to offend. I am sorry it had that effect. I will bother you no more.

Best Wishes,

Yong Xi
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Wow, these boards are more fun than FAIR's.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Ya think?

This place has been distinctly unfun lately IMHO. Hopefully that will change.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Blixa wrote:Ya think?

This place has been distinctly unfun lately IMHO. Hopefully that will change.

No kidding. I'd imagine even your dental issues are more pleasant than some of what's transpired here. by the way, how are you feeling today?
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

I haven't noticed the pain because I've been too busy collecting all my personal information, copies of everything I've ever published, all the email I've ever sent and all known photos of myself to post here. I sure hope I don't miss anything. I don't want to be called a lowballing, lardass, nazi b**** bio-terrorist, hypocritical barracuda anymore!!!!
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Blixa wrote:I haven't noticed the pain because I've been too busy collecting all my personal information, copies of everything I've ever published, all the email I've ever sent and all known photos of myself to post here. I sure hope I don't miss anything. I don't want to be called a lowballing, lardass, nazi b**** bio-terrorist, hypocritical barracuda anymore!!!!

It really is kind of crazy for people to treat each other like that, isn't it?

No matter. You know I think the world of you. Having a day of flashbacks: listening to The Smiths and Violent Femmes.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

I guess I should come clean. "Blixa" is the name of my cat. He's named after german musician/actor Blixa Bargeld, formerly of Einstürzende Neubauten and Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds.

Whew! Glad I got that off my chest!

In related news the scholarly book on Nick Cave that I'm writing a chapter for (about murder ballads) has found a publisher. Soon as school's out I'll be going down the Library of Congress to work in the folk song collection: I'll also be looking at Mormon murder ballads, too, but that's mostly for "other" projects.

Maybe I better post my sabbatical application here too, so everybody's up to speed on my academic work? Nah, I know better than to announce details of my work before its done. I've had ideas ripped off before. Y'all are just gonna have to wait---or PM me.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Blixa wrote:I guess I should come clean. "Blixa" is the name of my cat. He's named after german musician/actor Blixa Bargeld, formerly of Einstürzende Neubauten and Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds.

Whew! Glad I got that off my chest!

In related news the scholarly book on Nick Cave that I'm writing a chapter for (about murder ballads) has found a publisher. Soon as school's out I'll be going down the Library of Congress to work in the folk song collection: I'll also be looking at Mormon murder ballads, too, but that's mostly for "other" projects.

Maybe I better post my sabbatical application here too, so everybody's up to speed on my academic work? Nah, I know better than to announce details of my work before its done. I've had ideas ripped off before. Y'all are just gonna have to wait---or PM me.

Every time I hear "Into My Arms" I think of you.

Mormon murder ballads? Never heard of such a thing. Sounds interesting, to say the least.

I'd explain my nick, but pretty much everyone here knows its origins by now.
Runtu's Rincón