California Kid, what exactly is your problem?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

California Kid, what exactly is your problem?

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Celestial Kingdom,

I just checked in on the front page of MAD and then saw a thread wherein you copied an excerpt of my post from this board that was directed to Kerry...on this board, in order to begin a discussion on MAD.

Thanks so much for your contribution to talking between boards! You posted a comment that I made on a board where I am unable to comment.

Nice going.

Do me a flippin' favor and do not use my original comments to facilitate a discussion on a board where I can't respond! The very least you could have done would have been to quote the entire post in context and mention the thread on this board!

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Great Cthulhu
_Emeritus

Post by _Great Cthulhu »

No, the very least he could have done was give you credit for a point that was so clearly stated that he couldn't have said it better himself. Oh, and he did give you credit!
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Doesn't matter now.
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

The whole thread might have been deleted had he indicated it was a quote from this board.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

The whole thread might have been deleted had he indicated it was a quote from this board.

True. As in Animal Farm, some are more equal than others, and I don't think Celestial Kingdom is equal enough to get away with that.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

beastie wrote:

True. As in Animal Farm, some are more equal than others, and I don't think Celestial Kingdom is equal enough to get away with that.

You guys should probably check the thread.

Jersey Girl
Chinese Proverb
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Jersey Girl wrote:You guys should probably check the thread.

Jersey Girl

What thread are you talking about?
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Who Knows wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:You guys should probably check the thread.

Jersey Girl

What thread are you talking about?

Oh, Celestial Kingdom started a thread over on MAD using a partial quote from a post I made here. I made the post in an attempt to engage someone in discussion on this board. Instead of letting the discussion take place here (or waiting to see if the person would reply on this board) Celestial Kingdom takes it over to MAD where I can't participate at all. It's something like "Objection to Barkeresque" something or other...apologetics? It really irked me.
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote: It really irked me.

How about I duck down behind him and you push him over, them while he is stunned, Beastie and Bond could wrap him in Saran Wrap? Short of that, maybe you could redefine the problem and consider it a compliment that you were quoted.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_cksalmon
_Emeritus

Post by _cksalmon »

I think Celestial Kingdom has provided you with the most likely source of response. I could be wrong, but, from what I can tell, Kerry's just not going to respond here. He tends to function best in an affirmative environment; I don't think he has any interest in responding in a forum where his sources or methodology will be scrutinized or questioned. I wish he would. But, I don't think it's going to happen, frankly. His brand of random, non-consistent, mopologetics is best presented without critical interaction.

I think your motives are pure, but I don't think Kerry is interested in engaging a critical audience.

Please respond, Kerry. I could be wrong.

CKS