Sincere Question for Ray

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Yoda

Sincere Question for Ray

Post by _Yoda »

I posted this in the "What MADMods Don't Know" thread, but there are so many different topics running, I thought this would be worth addressing in a new thread. I'm looking for an answer from Ray, if he chooses to answer my question, in particular, but other comments regarding the phenomenon of why we can't seem to get along are also welcome.

This was my question to Ray:

Sincere Question for Ray
One thing I don't understand....

It sounds like most of your upset comes from posters on RfM. Although there are a few posters here who post on both boards, it is a very small percentage.

It seems like you're using Shades' board as a platform for your ire since it's agains RfM's board rules for you to do so.

However, I think you're going to be frustrated because you're really missing your target audience.

I support you 1000% for being angry regarding posters on RfM calling your kids names. I would have been angry, too....Furious, in fact. There is no justification for it.

But, Ray...you have consistently been ugly in your rantings to posters here...far worse, in my estimation, than what those very posters have said about others.

You saw how successful Wade was when he attempted to "mirror" behavior. That what I feel like you're trying to do here.

As Wade discovered, it doesn't give the desired result.

Since Wade has changed his tactic in posting, I have noticed that he has been taken more seriously. And, frankly, whether I agree with his stance or not, I'm more likely to defend him if someone is inadvertantly ugly to him, because it's obvious that his post is sincere.

I really don't understand why there is a necessity to be ugly with each other. It is perfectly acceptable to disagree on issues of belief, but still be able to treat each other with respect.

I'm not just picking on you here with my last statement. I would like to see everyone do this.
_Ray A

Re: Sincere Question for Ray

Post by _Ray A »

liz3564 wrote:I posted this in the "What MADMods Don't Know" thread, but there are so many different topics running, I thought this would be worth addressing in a new thread. I'm looking for an answer from Ray, if he chooses to answer my question, in particular, but other comments regarding the phenomenon of why we can't seem to get along are also welcome.

This was my question to Ray:

Sincere Question for Ray
One thing I don't understand....

It sounds like most of your upset comes from posters on RfM. Although there are a few posters here who post on both boards, it is a very small percentage.

It seems like you're using Shades' board as a platform for your ire since it's agains RfM's board rules for you to do so.

However, I think you're going to be frustrated because you're really missing your target audience.

I support you 1000% for being angry regarding posters on RfM calling your kids names. I would have been angry, too....Furious, in fact. There is no justification for it.

But, Ray...you have consistently been ugly in your rantings to posters here...far worse, in my estimation, than what those very posters have said about others.

You saw how successful Wade was when he attempted to "mirror" behavior. That what I feel like you're trying to do here.

As Wade discovered, it doesn't give the desired result.

Since Wade has changed his tactic in posting, I have noticed that he has been taken more seriously. And, frankly, whether I agree with his stance or not, I'm more likely to defend him if someone is inadvertantly ugly to him, because it's obvious that his post is sincere.

I really don't understand why there is a necessity to be ugly with each other. It is perfectly acceptable to disagree on issues of belief, but still be able to treat each other with respect.

I'm not just picking on you here with my last statement. I would like to see everyone do this.

It's not going to continue, Liz, and I will leave this board as I said, eventually. I would like to hear a bit more from Scratch, and when I finish my business here in that regard, it will become just like RFM and Exmo-Social to me. I feel no need to explain anything. Nothing personal against you, either.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Ray A wrote:It's not going to continue, Liz, and I will leave this board as I said, eventually. I would like to hear a bit more from Scratch, and when I finish my business here in that regard, it will become just like RFM and Exmo-Social to me. I feel no need to explain anything. Nothing personal against you, either.

I hope it's not going to continue. I am sorry you made it personal against me, but I have no control over your actions.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Ray A wrote:It's not going to continue, Liz, and I will leave this board as I said, eventually...

Is that when the meds arrive?
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Thanks for responding, Ray.

It sounds like participating in this type of medium is unhealthy for your emotionally, so I think it is wise for you to make the decision that you are making.

I wish you well in your future endeavors.

Please drop me a PM once in a while and let me know how things are going.

:)

Liz
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

liz3564 wrote:Thanks for responding, Ray.

It sounds like participating in this type of medium is unhealthy for your emotionally, so I think it is wise for you to make the decision that you are making.

I wish you well in your future endeavors.

Please drop me a PM once in a while and let me know how things are going.

:)

Liz

You are absolutely right. In future I will have nothing to do with exmos, angry or otherwise. I will keep in touch.