Why bother with MAD?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

She gets on my nerves like nobody else over there. It's all the personal attacks-- not just against me, either, though I've certainly been her target on a number of occasions. I see no reason why people should have to put up with that on a forum that's supposed to be reserved for scholarly and constructive dialogue.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Blixa wrote:Oh, brother.

My favorite part of the exchange was calling the two female posters she cited, "a little fluff": "...And for a little fluff, we have this from Jersey girl and pal..."

I'm still baffled as to how she read what she did into Celestial Kingdom's and the fluffsters' posts. Oh, well.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

There's a really bad joke about "fluffing" that's just begging to be made...actually probably several of them.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Blixa wrote:There's a really bad joke about "fluffing" that's just begging to be made...actually probably several of them.

Hey, this is the PG-13 forum. ;)
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

CaliforniaKid wrote:She gets on my nerves like nobody else over there. It's all the personal attacks-- not just against me, either, though I've certainly been her target on a number of occasions. I see no reason why people should have to put up with that on a forum that's supposed to be reserved for scholarly and constructive dialogue.

Oh, I've been the target of her wrath many times. I don't get it, but then I'm not her. I think I'm developing a thicker skin these days. Don't let it get to you.
Runtu's Rincón

_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

CaliforniaKid wrote:She gets on my nerves like nobody else over there. It's all the personal attacks-- not just against me, either, though I've certainly been her target on a number of occasions. I see no reason why people should have to put up with that on a forum that's supposed to be reserved for scholarly and constructive dialogue.

Yeah I've pretty much written her off as a complete bitch. Not the lovable sassy bitch who finds redemption at the end of the movie, but something of a cross between a Dementor and the Wicked Witch of the West. She lives by sucking the good out of any situation, but isn't above kicking a little dog when it gets in her way. All and all, she's not on my Christmas Card list.
Last edited by QuestionEverything on Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Runtu wrote:
Blixa wrote:There's a really bad joke about "fluffing" that's just begging to be made...actually probably several of them.

That's why I bit my tongue.

(though that statement itself could be construed as part of a fluffer joke...)
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Blixa wrote:
Runtu wrote:

That's why I bit my tongue.

(though that statement itself could be construed as part of a fluffer joke...)

I just about spit out my diet Dr. Pepper (speaking of fluffer jokes). LOL
Runtu's Rincón

_wenglund
_Emeritus

Re: Why bother with MAD?

Post by _wenglund »

Mercury wrote:Come on folks, seriously. I know you feel like you spent alot of time there just to be shoved out the door but COME ON. I could understand if things dramatically changed but from what I can tell you knew what you were getting into when you signed up for the board. From what I can see by scanning MAD from time to time its a totalitarian state over there with the main goal being to cover up the truth and further the lies.

Why did you bother sticking around so long?

From what I can gather from some of the responses to this question thus far, part of the reason some maintain an interest or presense at MA&D is because it gives them an opportunity to come back over here and brag about how supposedly superior in various ways they are to the folks over there. Evidently, it is about making oneself feel better about oneself. The fact that there isn't a stampede from there to sit eagerly at the feet of the presubably open-minded, diverse, intellectual giants here, may be egoistical chalked up to fear and intimidation, rather than some other reasons less self-aggrandizing.

Whether this reason for the sustained interest in MA&D is realistic or delusional, there is evidently a pay-off of some sort, otherwise it wouldn't continue. What do you suppose the chances are that some people may become board and exhausted with themselves?

Thanks, -Wade Englund-
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Blixa wrote: The question is where you can do this. My answer would be "the world," rather than any fantasy land.

I would contend that Runtu reaches many people who need to hear what he has to say at MAD.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace