Why bother with MAD?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

CaliforniaKid wrote:I will probably be suspended or banned shortly. I just called juliann stupid, dishonest and brainless. All I can say is, she's been begging for that little verbal lashing, and it was mighty therapeutic. If it gets me in trouble, maybe I'll have time to do something constructive with myself.

Can you provide a link?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

moksha wrote:
Blixa wrote: The question is where you can do this. My answer would be "the world," rather than any fantasy land.

I would contend that Runtu reaches many people who need to hear what he has to say at MAD.

And at the top of that list is that little whippersnapper Severian ;0)
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

moksha wrote:
CaliforniaKid wrote:I will probably be suspended or banned shortly. I just called juliann stupid, dishonest and brainless. All I can say is, she's been begging for that little verbal lashing, and it was mighty therapeutic. If it gets me in trouble, maybe I'll have time to do something constructive with myself.

Can you provide a link?

Not even a suspension thus far. Maybe the mods are lightning up a bit.

http://www.mormonapologetics.org/index. ... opic=24944
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Re: Why bother with MAD?

Post by _Mercury »

wenglund wrote:
Mercury wrote:Come on folks, seriously. I know you feel like you spent alot of time there just to be shoved out the door but COME ON. I could understand if things dramatically changed but from what I can tell you knew what you were getting into when you signed up for the board. From what I can see by scanning MAD from time to time its a totalitarian state over there with the main goal being to cover up the truth and further the lies.

Why did you bother sticking around so long?

From what I can gather from some of the responses to this question thus far, part of the reason some maintain an interest or presense at MA&D is because it gives them an opportunity to come back over here and brag about how supposedly superior in various ways they are to the folks over there. Evidently, it is about making oneself feel better about oneself. The fact that there isn't a stampede from there to sit eagerly at the feet of the presubably open-minded, diverse, intellectual giants here, may be egoistical chalked up to fear and intimidation, rather than some other reasons less self-aggrandizing.

Whether this reason for the sustained interest in MA&D is realistic or delusional, there is evidently a pay-off of some sort, otherwise it wouldn't continue. What do you suppose the chances are that some people may become board and exhausted with themselves?

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

No thank you wade.

Does anyone remember a wrinkle in time? Remember teh society of extreme order? that's what I see in both the church AND MADB. People obsessed with giving out fake punishment.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_wenglund
_Emeritus

Post by _wenglund »

Mercury wrote:
wenglund wrote:
Mercury wrote:Come on folks, seriously. I know you feel like you spent alot of time there just to be shoved out the door but COME ON. I could understand if things dramatically changed but from what I can tell you knew what you were getting into when you signed up for the board. From what I can see by scanning MAD from time to time its a totalitarian state over there with the main goal being to cover up the truth and further the lies.

Why did you bother sticking around so long?

From what I can gather from some of the responses to this question thus far, part of the reason some maintain an interest or presense at MA&D is because it gives them an opportunity to come back over here and brag about how supposedly superior in various ways they are to the folks over there. Evidently, it is about making oneself feel better about oneself. The fact that there isn't a stampede from there to sit eagerly at the feet of the presubably open-minded, diverse, intellectual giants here, may be egoistical chalked up to fear and intimidation, rather than some other reasons less self-aggrandizing.

Whether this reason for the sustained interest in MA&D is realistic or delusional, there is evidently a pay-off of some sort, otherwise it wouldn't continue. What do you suppose the chances are that some people may become board and exhausted with themselves?

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

No thank you wade.

Does anyone remember a wrinkle in time? Remember teh society of extreme order? that's what I see in both the church AND MADB. People obsessed with giving out fake punishment.

If it helps you to feel better about yourself to think so, then I suppose there is little harm in that. I mean its not as though you are general viewed as the go-to guy for what is real and what is fake. After all, you call yourself "Mercury"--now there is reality for ya. ;-)

Thanks, -Wade Englund-
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

CaliforniaKid wrote:
moksha wrote:

Can you provide a link?

The worst you'd get would be a suspension....they don't ban pundits.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

wenglund wrote:From what I can gather from some of the responses to this question thus far, part of the reason some maintain an interest or presense at MA&D is because it gives them an opportunity to come back over here and brag about how supposedly superior in various ways they are to the folks over there. Evidently, it is about making oneself feel better about oneself. The fact that there isn't a stampede from there to sit eagerly at the feet of the presubably open-minded, diverse, intellectual giants here, may be egoistical chalked up to fear and intimidation, rather than some other reasons less self-aggrandizing.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

I don't know about you, Wade, but I'm not superior to anyone over there and don't claim to be. I like the discussion here and there, so I am posting both places. I got a little miffed with Juliann today, but it's not a big deal to me.

I'm not an intellectual giant, and am no more openminded than anyone. In fact, I'm quite opinionated. Sorry to disappoint.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

moksha wrote:
Blixa wrote: The question is where you can do this. My answer would be "the world," rather than any fantasy land.

I would contend that Runtu reaches many people who need to hear what he has to say at MAD.

I very much doubt that, but it's nice of you to say. I've always thought yours was a gentle presence over there.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

wenglund wrote:From what I can gather from some of the responses to this question thus far, part of the reason some maintain an interest or presense at MA&D is because it gives them an opportunity to come back over here and brag about how supposedly superior in various ways they are to the folks over there.

I go to MAD for the same reason I go to the zoo....I like to see monkeys picking bugs off each other while ignoring the complete lack of evidence for the Book of Mormon being a historically accurate document.

Evidently, it is about making oneself feel better about oneself. The fact that there isn't a stampede from there to sit eagerly at the feet of the presubably open-minded, diverse, intellectual giants here, may be egoistical chalked up to fear and intimidation, rather than some other reasons less self-aggrandizing.

You got us!!!! You've nailed us to the wall with your expert sense of perception and ability to read "beyond the board"....all those years of internet counseling must have been like steroids for your "Sixth Sense". Have you ever shown signs of telepathy? How many fingers am I holding up Wade?

We'll never get bored while we are in the presence of mighty Wade England. As long as Wade's around we'll never have to fill that secret void deep in our souls that can only be filled by being near one of God's Anointed.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

CaliforniaKid wrote:
moksha wrote:
CaliforniaKid wrote:I will probably be suspended or banned shortly. I just called Juliann stupid, dishonest and brainless. All I can say is, she's been begging for that little verbal lashing, and it was mighty therapeutic. If it gets me in trouble, maybe I'll have time to do something constructive with myself.

Can you provide a link?

Wow, that was entertaining. Thanks for the link. If any of you want to read it, I think the action starts on page three. Such an inter-forum mêlée could be the impetus for a new Blog entry by Bond.

Runtu, don't underestimate the value of what you have to say over there. Even in that scuffle mentioned in the link, you added cool headedness and reason.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace