Van Hale

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_rcrocket

Van Hale

Post by _rcrocket »

If you want to hear my voice, I am a guest on Van Hale's radio program this coming Sunday (if he has time to get to me; I will be by phone, but he says it will be 5:30 MDT).

He will be asking me about the moronity of this Board. (just kidding)

rcrocket
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Van Hale

Post by _Jersey Girl »

rcrocket wrote:If you want to hear my voice, I am a guest on Van Hale's radio program this coming Sunday (if he has time to get to me; I will be by phone, but he says it will be 5:30 MDT).

rcrocket

crock,

Can you tell the rest of us ignorant souls who Van Hale is?

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_The Dude
_Emeritus

Post by _The Dude »

rcrocket wrote:If you want to hear my voice, I am a guest on Van Hale's radio program this coming Sunday....

Van Halen has had several lead singers over the years. First David Lee Roth, then Sammy Hagar, then Gary Cherone, then a couple reunions with DLR and SH, but for a while now they haven't had a singer. I'm interested in hearing what Crock's voice sounds like alongside Eddie Van Halen's unique guitar.
"And yet another little spot is smoothed out of the echo chamber wall..." Bond
_cksalmon
_Emeritus

Rock Band?

Post by _cksalmon »

_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

lol cksalmon...that was nice.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_DonBradley
_Emeritus

Post by _DonBradley »

rcrocket wrote:If you want to hear my voice, I am a guest on Van Hale's radio program this coming Sunday (if he has time to get to me; I will be by phone, but he says it will be 5:30 MDT).

rcrocket

Congrats! Now, who are you? I mean in real life? I presume you're going to be on the show under your real name.

Don
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

I hope you make an ass out of yourself as much as you do here.

Tell me, have you gotten rid of that damn lisp yet and the donald the duck sounding stutter?
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Post by _skippy the dead »

DonBradley wrote:

rcrocket

Congrats! Now, who are you? I mean in real life? I presume you're going to be on the show under your real name.

Don

And the subject matter?
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Jersey Girl wrote:

rcrocket

crock,

Can you tell the rest of us ignorant souls who Van Hale is?

Jersey Girl
He is a talk show host of a AM radio station out in the land of the mindless(Utah).

I honestly believe is listener base can be counted on ten fingers and nine toes.

He is a quack mo'pologist who is famous for a radio broadcast several years ago where he told listeners that believed that the whole experience that Smith supposedly went through was nothing more than "special effects". You see, god did this to TRICK young Jose into BELIEVING what he was writing.. which Van Hale, a devout Mormon, does not believe is a valid historical record, but instead believed it to be "Inspired Fiction".

Read about it on Deconstructor's site: http://i4m.com/think/van_hale.htm

I have actually phoned in several times and got on the air twice. Once Grant Palmer was on and another time when Denial C. Peterson was on...

Van Hale is a bumbling IDIOT. His most common word is "UHHHH". He spends more time talking about nothing related to the listener's questions or the supposed dialog with his guests. He also fumbles with the equipment worse than a high school kid on his first day in broadcast class.

The most hil-friggin-larious part of the above show was when a caller argued with the old man about ALL of the artifacts that LDS Inc has unearthed AT the Hill Cumorah in upstate NY.. ahh that was a classic... a Chapel Mormon in public arguement with a deranged internet hack wannabee mo'pologist mor[m]on.

http://i4m.com/think/leaders/van_hale_transcript.htm

Bottom line, he is the fool's AM voice in the Mo'rridor.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Current Program Information

Mormon Miscellaneous
World-Wide Talk Show

Date: Sunday, 10 June 2007

Subject: I will continue the subject begun last week on the Mountain Meadows Massacre in my discussion with Will Bagley (I have added that discussion to my podcast). I will summarize the event and read some of what I consider to be the most significant documents. For some 40 years I have read and pondered the subject hoping to understand how very religious people could commit such a horrible crime. I will list and discuss the various explanations of the motivations and declare which scenario I accept. Note: Those who would like to pose a question or make a brief comment on this subject may send me an email NOW at: van.hale@k-talk.com. I will incorporate these emails into my Talk Show this Sunday.

A new feature in the weekly Church News section of the Deseret News addresses difficult issues. 2 June 2007 included an article "Remembering Mountain Meadows." It was based on the extensive research by Rick Turley, one of three authors working on a book on the Mountain Meadows Masscre to be published in the next year. This article can be found at http://www.desnews.com/cn/

Also, Rick Turley and Will Bagley will be appearing live this Sunday, 10 June, on SLC television station, Channel Two, with host Rod Decker to discuss their divergent interpretations of sources on the Mountain Meadows Massacre.

Time: 5:00 - 7:00 pm MST

Host: Van Hale

Radio Station: KTKK 630 AM, Salt Lake City

Live Internet Streaming Audio can be accessed at:

www.k-talk.com or mms://stream.netro.ca/ktkk

Salt Lake Call-in Number: 254-5855.

Outside of Salt Lake Number: 801-470-5855.

Internet Participation: Questions and response via email during the program are welcomed at van.hale@k-talk.com
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace