Batten the Hatches!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Re: Batten the Hatches!

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

harmony wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:Your wife and children are still active members correct?

I sugest you be civil and polite.

I agree. Civil, polite, mature, and sober. Perhaps that is too much to ask, but it's what I strive for (not that I always succeed).
Fight fire with fire.

Are these HTs being civil, polite, mature?

Sober is the only thing, and not by their choice.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Are these HTs being civil, polite, mature?

Sober is the only thing, and not by their choice.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

moksha wrote:If he is in your neighborhood, it would be wise to not be offensive to him.

I agree with moksha....if you want to corrupt him use kindness (and a beer).
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

I was cordial and nice. In response to the "wouldn't you like to know if it is not true?" he just did the predictable "but don't you want to know if its true?"

I said that they were different questions requiring similar amounts of truth and that the question of truth si answered incorrectly by the Mormon position.

He often changed the subject, I often remarked that truth is not based on magic and that ethics trump what he perceives as morals.

He is an amiable gentleman. We spoke of business for a good half an hour, economies of Vegas vs. here in Olive Branc, MS.

What I sensed from his character was a lifer who has been fed Mormonism from birth, looking to the church as a guidepost, as what he has been told is truth.

All in all it was good. He asked if we would like the lesson and I declined. He left shortly after and I followed him out, thanking him for the visit and extending a hand if needed. He did the same and I left him with the question again, "would you want to know if its a fraud?"
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Mercury wrote:I was cordial and nice. In response to the "wouldn't you like to know if it is not true?" he just did the predictable "but don't you want to know if its true?"

I said that they were different questions requiring similar amounts of truth and that the question of truth si answered incorrectly by the Mormon position.

He often changed the subject, I often remarked that truth is not based on magic and that ethics trump what he perceives as morals.

He is an amiable gentleman. We spoke of business for a good half an hour, economies of Vegas vs. here in Olive Branc, MS.

What I sensed from his character was a lifer who has been fed Mormonism from birth, looking to the church as a guidepost, as what he has been told is truth.

All in all it was good. He asked if we would like the lesson and I declined. He left shortly after and I followed him out, thanking him for the visit and extending a hand if needed. He did the same and I left him with the question again, "would you want to know if its a fraud?"
No Jack Daniels cologne? LOL

Good 'nuff.

Ya, sounds like he is of the mindset "it is a good way to raise a family".

I still have exmormon family still trying to scrap a living out of the empty bowl know as Utah. The Utah theocracy would fall with the Mormon church. So long as suckers like him help keep the Utah economy afloat, my brothers will make a living there.

Enjoying a living there is another story.

So next time you see him, tell him P. Porter is thankful for ignoramuses like him keeping the bills paid for my brothers in Utah.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Fight fire with fire.

Ok. You are a stupid ass idiot.

Are these HTs being civil, polite, mature?

Yes I would imagine they are. Most are. Has Merc asked them not to come, had his name taken off the Church roles? If I recall his wife and kids are active members. Do not recal if he still is. If he does not want them there then politlely ask them not to come. If they do then and he wants to be mean to get his point across then ok. But not if he has not asked them not to come.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Jason Bourne wrote:
Fight fire with fire.

Ok. You are a stupid ass idiot.
It sucks being you, doesn't it?
_Roger Morrison
_Emeritus

Post by _Roger Morrison »

I respectfully suggest you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by following the sensible advice of TD, Jason, & Harmony... Warm regards, Roger

Guess i'm a bit late with my advice...But it sounds as if, "ya did good, Bro!" Warmer regards... :-)

(Edited for obvious reason.)