Humans are EVIL!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_rcrocket

Post by _rcrocket »

Lyndon La Rouche? You must be young. A total nutjob, the L. Ron Hubbard and Rev. Moon of politics all combined in one. For about five years there his minions would be carrying sandwich boards in airports condemning Jane Fonda and anti-nuclear activists in the same message. If you were interested in his message he'd send you to a boot camp, required you to surrender all your assets, and strip you of all individuality. He ran for President about four times. I'm surprised he is still alive.
_Roger Morrison
_Emeritus

Post by _Roger Morrison »

rcrocket wrote:Lyndon La Rouche? You must be young. A total nutjob, the L. Ron Hubbard and Rev. Moon of politics all combined in one. For about five years there his minions would be carrying sandwich boards in airports condemning Jane Fonda and anti-nuclear activists in the same message. If you were interested in his message he'd send you to a boot camp, required you to surrender all your assets, and strip you of all individuality. He ran for President about four times. I'm surprised he is still alive.

I was, about 50 years ago, in Canada... Didn't know about him cuz he never reached Celebrity STATUS in America ;-) Thanks for the information... Checked Google for more. Interesting! Too bad he didn't win the Pres-Cup, at least once... As history proves over-&-over, "the good-guy doesn't always win." Seems LLaR wouldn't have invaded as did Bush... Who's da nut job?? Ain't none perfect... What's that scripture thing: "A prophet ain't without honour, 'cept in his own country..."

It seems obvious, LaRouche speaks/writes against the Neocons and what he sees as their corruptions of America in the name of World Dominance for purposes of profit and Empire by disciples of Leo Strauss' Chicago U classes, and their influence with guys like Rumsfeld & Cheney and their battle lust. At least that's what i get from his book, "Children of Satan", and the afternoon reading Wikki. OK, not tthe greatest indepth...but seems LaRouche has considerable credibility in Europe, Asia and S. Americas...

BUT, the real question's about "Evil"... Since there's no "Evil-Force"--concluded by most posters--as there is said to be a "God-Force"... Then "Evils" that do occur must be at the hands of humans... Who are they? Why are they? How are they to be recognized & dealt with??? Is there a cure/remedy for "Evil"???
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Blood is what makes us temptable/Carnal

The whole idea is to allow the Spirit to overcome the carnal.

D&C 88:11-42
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

spirit overcoming the carnal???????????????????

Just as an alternative suggestion, I think we are learning how to share so spirit and flesh can come to their true potential.

As far has humans being naturally evil I think that a silly proposition. however it is also such an an ambiguous proposal that it seems hard to talk about. I do not know what nature is in the idea and I do not know what evil is supposed to be.

In the Christian traditon evil is a distortion of good. It is a situation where lesser goods prevent the developement of better goods. In that context It could be said we are less good than we could be. You may or may not call that naturally evil but you could just as well say that we are naturally good but have not yet found our way to who we should become.
_Roger Morrison
_Emeritus

Post by _Roger Morrison »

Blood (among other things) keeps us alive. No blood, no life for the bloodless. Spirit keeps us functioning, at a higher than veggie level, in life. Some humans have 'better' spirits than others. Meaning some humans have 'badder' spirits than others...

That being the case: What in life effects and influences human spirit--in either direction?? So, as Huck says, "...we reach our true/full potential..." Begging the question: What is our/humanity's "true/full potential"??

Could be what LaRouche, and others through time, have been addressing. None too successfully to this point. Their fault as poor 'teachers' OR our fault as poor students/learners?? Warm regards, Roger