Humans are EVIL!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Roger Morrison
_Emeritus

Humans are EVIL!

Post by _Roger Morrison »

Or, are they NOT evil?. Just picked up a book, by Lyndon La Rouche, titled, Children of Satan. Therein he discusses the current socio-political crisis in America. AND those he thinks responsible for it... One of those being Leo Strauss who influenced many of todays' biggies--Cheney, Rumsfeld, et al . As a Canadian the names LaRouche & Strauss are new to me... Too aware of Rumsfeld!!!

However, there are some interesting ideas. One, Strauss is recommended for a Rockefeller Fellowship by Carl Schmitt. He gets the Fellowship...1933. Long time ago BUT the idea they share, also with Hobbes, is "...man is by nature evil..."

On this base has been constructed political, social and religious actions--for centuries--that have not tended to bridge humanity but rather keep humanoids waring, distrusting, greeding and 'enemying' rather than 'brothering' as Jesus taught...

I'll do some research into LaRouche and Strauss. Meanwhile any knowing about them? And thoughts on, "man is NATURALLY evil."??? Which i don't think he is by 'nature'. Evil tendencies are a matter of 'nurture' when not of a chemical, nervous-system imbalance, generally speaking.

Ideas? Warm regards, Roger
_Lucretia MacEvil
_Emeritus

Re: Humans are EVIL!

Post by _Lucretia MacEvil »

Roger Morrison wrote:Or, are they NOT evil?. Just picked up a book, by Lyndon La Rouche, titled, Children of Satan. Therein he discusses the current socio-political crisis in America. AND those he thinks responsible for it... One of those being Leo Strauss who influenced many of todays' biggies--Cheney, Rumsfeld, et al . As a Canadian the names LaRouche & Strauss are new to me... Too aware of Rumsfeld!!!

However, there are some interesting ideas. One, Strauss is recommended for a Rockefeller Fellowship by Carl Schmitt. He gets the Fellowship...1933. Long time ago BUT the idea they share, also with Hobbes, is "...man is by nature evil..."

On this base has been constructed political, social and religious actions--for centuries--that have not tended to bridge humanity but rather keep humanoids waring, distrusting, greeding and 'enemying' rather than 'brothering' as Jesus taught...

I'll do some research into LaRouche and Strauss. Meanwhile any knowing about them? And thoughts on, "man is NATURALLY evil."??? Which I don't think he is by 'nature'. Evil tendencies are a matter of 'nurture' when not of a chemical, nervous-system imbalance, generally speaking.

Ideas? Warm regards, Roger

I don't think humans are evil, but they sure do like to blame someone else for their problems.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Roger Morrison wrote:Ideas? Warm regards, Roger

I don't know if humans are evil (if in fact there are certain things that are inherently bad too do)....I think that humans throughout their history of being civilized into towns and states have been enviously of there neighbors possessions, and that greed for territory, gold, farm land, whatever has fueled a lot of the bad things in history. So I think the primal "wants" of humans often lead to destructive behavior
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Roger,

I think you need to define "evil" as per the book and how the book describes the manifestation of "evil". What are the characteristics of "evil"?

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Bond...James Bond wrote:

I don't know if humans are evil (if in fact there are certain things that are inherently bad too do)....I think that humans throughout their history of being civilized into towns and states have been enviously of there neighbors possessions, and that greed for territory, gold, farm land, whatever has fueled a lot of the bad things in history. So I think the primal "wants" of humans often lead to destructive behavior

Envy
Greed

What else are signs of "evil"?
Chinese Proverb
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:

Envy
Greed

I think in the movie they were gluttony, lust, pride, wrath, and sloth. The real question is are signs of "evil" or just different perspectives on life.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:

Envy
Greed

I think in the movie they were gluttony, lust, pride, wrath, and sloth. The real question is are signs of "evil" or just different perspectives on life.

And what age would we use to determine whether or not "evil" is in our DNA?
Chinese Proverb
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:And what age would we use to determine whether or not "evil" is in our DNA?

Heck I don't know, I'm not a DNA guy. But if it's in our DNA wouldn't it be there all the time?
Last edited by QuestionEverything on Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:And what age would we use to determine whether or not "evil" is in our DNA?

Heck I don't know, I'm not a DNA guy. But if it's in our DNA wouldn't it be there all the time?

Yes, but how would we determine that? At what age would we expect to see "evil" in humans?
Chinese Proverb
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:Heck I don't know, I'm not a DNA guy. But if it's in our DNA wouldn't it be there all the time?

Yes, but how would we determine that? At what age would we expect to see "evil" in humans?

I don't know. Toddlers steal toys from each other at 1 or 2. Does this make them evil, or is it simply a primal desire to have what we don't currently have?