And now for something completely stupid....

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_William Schryver
_Emeritus

Post by _William Schryver »

dartagnan wrote:82 is probably the average IQ over there.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Certainly no one is near as brilliant as you.

But very few of them froth at the mouth as they type.
... every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol ...
_William Schryver
_Emeritus

Re: And now for something completely stupid....

Post by _William Schryver »

The Dude wrote:
cksalmon wrote:This is really something I don't get about W. Schryver. Sometimes he appears interested in genuine dialog, and sometimes he makes universal statements like this ("That stat has been doctored..."), devoid of any substantiation re: the facts.

And sometimes he's just trying to be funny. That's how I took it, anyway.

Hark! A voice of measured reason in a sea of insanity.

Being prepared to do the right thing, whatever the cost -- that's what makes a man.

That, and a pair of testicles, of course.

Ok, well I'm tired of adding to Shades' user count tonight. I'm off to see the President ...
Last edited by The Stig on Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
... every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol ...
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

asbestosman wrote:Or the number of pages Martin Harris lost.
Or the number of pages that Rigdon and Smith tried to pass off as being their own, only to make up the story of the lost pages because they discovered enough friends of Spaulding would call their bluff.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

William Schryver wrote:Even if I had been deadly serious (which I wasn't) I think it's interesting that you would jump all over a little smart-ass remark and make it into a capital offense. Do I need to put a little emoticon after every snide aside I make from now on? Or would you prefer being able to go into attack mode without any doubts at all?

Yeah how about a smilie next time. Hard to tell the people who know how to joke from the tightasses when reading MAD. Sorry for the inconvience Will. Hope you won't think any worse of us than you already do ;)
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

William Schryver wrote: I'm off to see the President ...

Really? Bush?

Kick him in the nuts for me, would ya? Thanks.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

dartagnan wrote:82 is probably the average IQ over there.

Stupid is as stupid does.

In all fairness though, the low "average" is mostly my doing.

Such is the price of extensive drug use (or maybe it was from watching so much Fox News).
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Will Schryver wrote:The excitement of the past week has been the best thing to happen in Shadesville in months. For the first time since its latest incarnation, there were more than a half-dozen users paying attention at a given moment in time.

Oh, I know that they’re claiming to have had 82! users looking in on June 4th, but I don’t believe it for a second! That stat has been doctored by the webmaster to artificially pump up their sagging self-image. I’ve checked things out there often enough to know that there are never more than a handful of spectators, and even fewer actual participants.

This part was a little bit funny.

The sooner we stop talking about them, the sooner they’ll fade back into complete irrelevancy again.

This part was not as funny...a jab mixed in with the humor.

Even if I had been deadly serious (which I wasn't) I think it's interesting that you would jump all over a little smart-ass remark and make it into a capital offense.

This is an overreaction. I didn't see anyone calling for your electrocution at the hands of the state.

I'll bet there aren't many of you that would be very much fun to drink with. A couple beers and you'd be itching for a fight with your best friend.

After a few beers, I'm usually dropping my quarters into the Photo Hunt machine.