Oops, Banned Again!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Yong Xi
_Emeritus

Oops, Banned Again!

Post by _Yong Xi »

I am banished from MADB a second time (No viewing this time). This time as 1/2shell. My posts in the thread about Moderators editing Gee's email did me in. Not to mention the fact that they knew I was Yong Xi.

It just frees me up to do what is most important in life, make money. Although I doubt I will ever have as much as DCP. He posted recently that had he lost the lawsuit brought on by Van Gorden(?) in the amount of $4.5 million, this would have significantly reduced his discretionary income. LOL! Does he know what discretionary means and do they pay that well at BYU?
_The Dude
_Emeritus

Post by _The Dude »

But they didn't ban Raz, the other sock puppet. Obviously because the side s/he is on.

Why does a person who is already on the moderator's side need to put on a mask to fool the rest of us?
"And yet another little spot is smoothed out of the echo chamber wall..." Bond
_The Dude
_Emeritus

Post by _The Dude »

I mean, wouldn't it just make you feel icky inside to know you had invented a new identity just so you could say mean things about people and not have those words contaminate your usual, friendly identity? It sounds like what Sput (falsely) accused me of yesterday: being two-faced, a hypocrite. I wonder who this Raz really is?
"And yet another little spot is smoothed out of the echo chamber wall..." Bond
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Hey Yong Xi,

I just edited your blog entry to reflect this recent turn of events, FYI.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Yong Xi
_Emeritus

Post by _Yong Xi »

Dr. Shades wrote:Hey Yong Xi,

There is an interesting side note to this (at least to me.) When I was originally banned several months ago, I petitioned MADB via email for reinstatement. They ignored my emails, but I persisted and they sent me an email saying that I had been "unbanned" and could now access my old account. Of course I entered my user name and password and still could not access. Via email I told them that my account was still not active, but never heard from them again. Shortly thereafter, I started using the new name of 1/2shell knowing full well the mods knew who I was.

I understand banning, but it would have been nice to have been banned for something egregious rather than lighhearted banter. My mistake was probably declaring on this board that I too, (supporting Kevin Graham's assertion) recalled the threat of lawsuit in the Chaos/Gee post.

And yes, you were correct. The threat was in the post made by Chaos introducing Gee's "test". I remember reading it and thinking that Gee must have given Chaos authorization to use the threat of lawsuit. I couldn't at that time have imagined a mod taking the liberty without some direct approval. Perhaps, CaliforniaKid really got to Gee and Gee was trying to silence opposition. In desperation, he (Gee) used poor judgement. Maybe, this whole fiasco suggests a retreating position by Gee regarding the Book of Abraham.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Yong Xi wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:Hey Yong Xi,

There is an interesting side note to this (at least to me.) When I was originally banned several months ago, I petitioned MADB via email for reinstatement. They ignored my emails, but I persisted and they sent me an email saying that I had been "unbanned" and could now access my old account. Of course I entered my user name and password and still could not access. Via email I told them that my account was still not active, but never heard from them again. Shortly thereafter, I started using the new name of 1/2shell knowing full well the mods knew who I was.

I understand banning, but it would have been nice to have been banned for something egregious rather than lighhearted banter. My mistake was probably declaring on this board that I too, (supporting Kevin Graham's assertion) recalled the threat of lawsuit in the Chaos/Gee post.

And yes, you were correct. The threat was in the post made by Chaos introducing Gee's "test". I remember reading it and thinking that Gee must have given Chaos authorization to use the threat of lawsuit. I couldn't at that time have imagined a mod taking the liberty without some direct approval. Perhaps, CaliforniaKid really got to Gee and Gee was trying to silence opposition. In desperation, he (Gee) used poor judgement. Maybe, this whole fiasco suggests a retreating position by Gee regarding the Book of Abraham.

I'm sorry I waded into this at all. I like Kevin and think he has added a lot of interesting and worthwhile information to the discussion, and I've been really dismayed by recent events. I don't remember anything about a lawsuit, but I'm certainly not saying my memory trumps anyone else's.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Runtu wrote:I'm sorry I waded into this at all. I like Kevin and think he has added a lot of interesting and worthwhile information to the discussion, and I've been really dismayed by recent events.

Why? The MA&D mods are gleefully and triumphantly reposting Gee's e-mail, trumpeting "See? We didn't edit Gee's e-mail at all!" True, but they did edit out the relevant part of the introduction to it. This is duplicity on their part, since they've completely neglected to mention the fact that the threat was indeed in the original post (if not e-mail).

So Kevin has committed no sin.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Runtu wrote:I'm sorry I waded into this at all. I like Kevin and think he has added a lot of interesting and worthwhile information to the discussion, and I've been really dismayed by recent events.

Why? The MA&D mods are gleefully and triumphantly reposting Gee's e-mail, trumpeting "See? We didn't edit Gee's e-mail at all!" True, but they did edit out the relevant part of the introduction to it. This is duplicity on their part, since they've completely neglected to mention the fact that the threat was indeed in the original post (if not e-mail).

So Kevin has committed no sin.

It's precisely the glee and apoplexy on both sides that has me dismayed. I think that's the last I'll say about this whole sorry affair.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Runtu wrote:It's precisely the glee and apoplexy on both sides that has me dismayed. I think that's the last I'll say about this whole sorry affair.

The gentle among us will be dismayed at the board war these past few days. Others will be amused. Still others will be vindicated. Anyone who has ever been wrongly accused by another poster will be following the action. We all react differently, depending on our experiences. I just wanted to point out that none of those reactions implies a value statement. No single reaction is more valid, more right, or more wrong than anyone else's.