Analysis of the upcoming "Truth Restored" campaign

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

msnobody wrote: Well, really, were is the beet? Not on lds.org either is it?

Ah, the beets! The more the merrier in a really good stew. If Intel is not currently using the Blue Man group, I wonder if they would be available to help with these efforts?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:What role do you see FAIR/FARMS as taking on in all of this?

None whatsoever.

Remember, the church as an institution is all about Chapel Mormonism.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

What gives. When I click the link I get some webn page for computers, travel, air fare, health care, etc.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jason Bourne wrote:What gives. When I click the link I get some webn page for computers, travel, air fare, health care, etc.

In that case, type the following into your address bar:

http://www.Mormon.org/truthrestored
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Beastie

Post by _Gazelam »

While lack of fellowshipping may be a problem, I think the larger problem for converts is discovering what the church is really about AFTER joining, and deciding it's just not for them. People are pushed into joining the church too quickly, and simply cannot have, after a few weeks, a strong enough sense of what the LDS church is about, or even what it really teaches, to make an informed decision about joining.

What would you perscribe as an appropriate amount of time before baptism? In the early days of Catholicism they made the applicant wait two years. Is that appropriate?

How long after a person has received a witness of the spirit should they be told they have to wait to take upon themselves the name of Christ and receive the Holy Ghost who can purify and educate them?
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Yong Xi
_Emeritus

Re: Beastie

Post by _Yong Xi »

Gazelam wrote:
While lack of fellowshipping may be a problem, I think the larger problem for converts is discovering what the church is really about AFTER joining, and deciding it's just not for them. People are pushed into joining the church too quickly, and simply cannot have, after a few weeks, a strong enough sense of what the LDS church is about, or even what it really teaches, to make an informed decision about joining.

What would you perscribe as an appropriate amount of time before baptism? In the early days of Catholicism they made the applicant wait two years. Is that appropriate?

How long after a person has received a witness of the spirit should they be told they have to wait to take upon themselves the name of Christ and receive the Holy Ghost who can purify and educate them?

From a practical standpoint, I think the Church should wait until the prospective member's first tithing check clears. At least the Church would get some return on its' investment.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Mercury wrote:This is an augmented Media campaign...bringing up a style invoking "The Secret"..

This is my take on it, exactly. Who ever the "genius" is behind it was impressed by the "The Secret" campaign. The whole thing has a new-agey feel to it in both the tag line, talking heads, script and overall design. It seems like a belated use of the internet coupled with some effort to "try new things" in the wake of declining conversion/retention.

Other than that I don't think there's that much to say about it.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."