New Book of Mormon Evidence!!!!!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_beastie
_Emeritus

New Book of Mormon Evidence!!!!!!

Post by _beastie »

Ancient Elephants tusks found in construction site!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19255971/

Can we all hear the gnashing and wailing from countermo's who insist that no new discoveries can be made?!?!?!? Just LOOK at how the evidence keeps moving TOWARDS the Book of Mormon!!! It's so funny to watch the countermo's squirm!!
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

From the article:

Fossilized mastodon tusks and other fragments believed to be as much as 220,000 years old were discovered at a construction site, according to the developer.

If they can figure out how to get this bit of evidence into the Book of Mormon time frame, I'll be back at church and paying my tithing in no time. ;)
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

SK,

Don't be such a fundamentalist. It doesn't have to be within the Book of Mormon time frame to support the Book of Mormon!! After all, simply the fact that new discoveries continue to be made is enough to refute the countermos!! That is their primary claim, after all - all the discoveries have been made!

(by the way, I haven't checked MAD since reading this article this morning... anyone want to take bets that a thread just like this one will pop up over there?)
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Most of the deceived masses(a.k.a. chapel Mormons) believe the earth is ~6,000 years old. Anything found to be older than 6,000 years is either ignored or shelved.
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

Most of the deceived masses(a.k.a. chapel Mormons) believe the earth is ~6,000 years old. Anything found to be older than 6,000 years is either ignored or shelved.

Another cute little white one from our resident Disney sidekick animal (small, furry bird or rodent that jumps around, fidgets, and produces clever smart ass remarks on cue).
The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance.

- Thomas S. Monson
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Coggins7 wrote:

Another cute little white one from our resident Disney sidekick animal (small, furry bird or rodent that jumps around, fidgets, and produces clever smart ass remarks on cue).
Did you fall off the wagon again Loran? God you are ornery.

Stand up in GD class and espouse ideas of the earth being 50,000 100,000, 1,000,000 years old, HELL say it is 9,000 years old and see what general reaction you will get from the class.
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

Stand up in GD class and espouse ideas of the earth being 50,000 100,000, 1,000,000 years old, HELL say it is 9,000 years old and see what general reaction you will get from the class.

If I were to stand up in my Gospel Doctrine class and say that the earth was 4.5 billion years old, I anticipate no raised eyebrows from the vast majority of those present. The earth is 6,000 years old from the fall of Adam, and that part of the earth's temporal existence is the only part of it that really concerns LDS doctrine regarding salvation and the mortal probation.

Just keep strutting your personal neurosis and inner conflicts upon the public stage PP. Its not been entertaining for quite a while but every now and then it is indeed remarkable just how pathological and immature you really appear on this board.
The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance.

- Thomas S. Monson
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

beastie wrote:SK,

Don't be such a fundamentalist. It doesn't have to be within the Book of Mormon time frame to support the Book of Mormon!! After all, simply the fact that new discoveries continue to be made is enough to refute the countermos!! That is their primary claim, after all - all the discoveries have been made!

(by the way, I haven't checked MAD since reading this article this morning... anyone want to take bets that a thread just like this one will pop up over there?)

LOL! Exactly. As long as there is a possibility, they don't care about the probability...or something like that. More apologists should be professional gamblers.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Coggins7 wrote:

If I were to stand up in my Gospel Doctrine class and say that the earth was 4.5 billion years old, I anticipate no raised eyebrows from the vast majority of those present. The earth is 6,000 years old from the fall of Adam, and that part of the earth's temporal existence is the only part of it that really concerns LDS doctrine regarding salvation and the mortal probation.

Do you happen to have a quote that supports this idea?
_Paul Osborne

Post by _Paul Osborne »

Harmony,

Coggins7 is right.

http://www.myegyptology.net/file/id550.htm

Paul O