A MUST-READ WEBLOG!! PURE GOLD!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Abinadi's Fire wrote:When everyone really is out to get you, paranoia is just good thinking, right Nehor?
I don't think anyone is out to get me.........well I didn't think it until now..........(looks around suspiciously)
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

To keep up with the tradition established early in this thread of making literary references…
Gazelam wrote:Shut yair gob lass, ya dinnae know what yair ahn aboot....
Sounds like Joseph (Wuthering Heights).
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

Doctor Steuss wrote:To keep up with the tradition established early in this thread of making literary references…
Gazelam wrote:Shut yair gob lass, ya dinnae know what yair ahn aboot....
Sounds like Joseph (Wuthering Heights).
Wit ur yae own aboot? Who is this dude? Ah hink yae loast mae.

Pirate. (speaking phetonically)
Just punched myself on the face...
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:Wit ur yae own aboot? Who is this dude? Ah hink yae loast mae.

Pirate. (speaking phetonically)
Joseph is one of the characters in Emily Bronte's (only) novel, Wuthering Heights. Within the novel, he only speaks in the traditional West Yorshire dialect.

Steuss (wondering if they teach literature outside of the US... and I didn't even go to college)
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

The Bronte sisters are from where I live.

Well nearly.

I haven't read anything by them though.

Pirate.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:The Bronte sisters are from where I live.

Well nearly.

I haven't read anything by them though.

Pirate.
What a shame. I'm not a big fan of her sister's work (and I think the version of Wuthering Heights that most are familiar with [the one edited by her sister] does not have the same flavor as the original [in particular, Joseph's dialogue]), but I think White House is something that everyone should read.

Chemistry is fun and all, but literature is not constrained by the laws of physics.

You need to read…

_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

I shall look out for those then. I do enjoy reading literature. I haven't had time lately. I think the last book I finished was by Phillipa Greogery. The queens fool. No I read a book written by a friend. It was an interesting book. Having avoided the poignient [sp] errors.

Pirate.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Re: A MUST-READ WEBLOG!! PURE GOLD!!

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

OMG. Was I really that weird????

Nehor, I really am Scottish lol. Definitely not a sock puppet. And probably was semi illiterate too lol. Wish I could see the blog.
Moksha
God

Re:

Post by Moksha »

_Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:26 am
Well what is it about what I say is not scottish?
You dinna say you were a wee Highland lassie, or reply to The Nehor, "Ah, lang may yer lum reek!"
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Re: Re:

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:02 am
_Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:26 am
Well what is it about what I say is not scottish?
You dinna say you were a wee Highland lassie, or reply to The Nehor, "Ah, lang may yer lum reek!"
I am Scottish. Left Scotland when I was 15. My brother's and mum all have red/some variation of ginger hair. I now basically have grey hair :lol: jk. They all look Scottish.

I'm not sure which question of nehors I didn't reply to. I wasn't able to prove my IP address and assumed that question was for someone with those powers.

I had shared my birth certificate for some reason. It isn't longer available thank goodness. I think at that time he believed me to be a sock puppet.

Don't know what a lum is, but hopefully nothing of mine reeks lol.