Exmormon Foundation Conference

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_LifeOnaPlate
_Emeritus

Re: Exmormon Foundation Conference

Post by _LifeOnaPlate »

That's a pretty high ticket price in my opinion.
One moment in annihilation's waste,
one moment, of the well of life to taste-
The stars are setting and the caravan
starts for the dawn of nothing; Oh, make haste!

-Omar Khayaam

*Be on the lookout for the forthcoming album from Jiminy Finn and the Moneydiggers.*
_solomarineris
_Emeritus

Post by _solomarineris »

The Nehor wrote:Just to be clear....there will be no attacks by Danite suicide bombers that night.
It's perfectly safe. :)

Don't worry they are their worst enemy...
They claim not to be a RFM clown (over 90%. of people attend are RFM clowns).
The bad thing is RFM is run by a pair of paranoid folks who exhibit the symptoms of paranoia & Werfolgungswahn.
They do piss off lots of good people. Their problem (in a nutshell) is total control & censorship.
But they are not even close to reach MAD&d's standards though.
Anyway, you reap, what you sow....
_Dianne Ormond
_Emeritus

Post by _Dianne Ormond »

LifeOnaPlate wrote:That's a pretty high ticket price in my opinion.

Hee hee. Yes, it's very expensive. $90 includes a $30 dinner, which is a whole nickel more than the FAIR Conference, if it included a comparable dinner. But we can afford the nickel because we save on tithing.
Dianne Ormond
MormonThink.com
_antishock8
_Emeritus

Post by _antishock8 »

I just want to say this here, since it would be erased by her over there, that Susan I/S is a minge.

T-Bone is a douchebag.

Steve Benson pushes his politics under the guise of throwing his Mormon family under the bus.

And that Susan I/S is a minge.
You can’t trust adults to tell you the truth.

Scream the lie, whisper the retraction.- The Left
_John Larsen
_Emeritus

Post by _John Larsen »

solomarineris wrote:
The Nehor wrote:Just to be clear....there will be no attacks by Danite suicide bombers that night.
It's perfectly safe. :)

Don't worry they are their worst enemy...
The bad thing is RFM is run by a pair of paranoid folks who exhibit the symptoms of paranoia & Werfolgungswahn.
They do piss off lots of good people. Their problem (in a nutshell) is total control & censorship.
Anyway, you reap, what you sow....

Just to be clear....RFM and the Ex-Mormon Foundation are run by different people.
_Dianne Ormond
_Emeritus

Post by _Dianne Ormond »

And you know this how? Show your evidence, please. You know everyone that registers? I'm in charge of registration, and I say most assuredly that you are 100% wrong.

Again, show your evidence, please. They are a different organization.

I certainly hope not. Our standards for evidence, verification, and critical thinking are much higher.

Anyway, you reap, what you sow....[/quote]

Yes, definitely. Just ask LifeOnAPlate about the 6 week seminar at BYU. From his site:

“Increasingly teachers and church leaders at all levels are approached by Latter-day Saints who have lost confidence in Joseph Smith and the basic miraculous events of church history. They doubt the First Vision, the Book of Mormon, many of Joseph’s revelations, and much besides. They fall into doubt after going on the Internet and finding shocking information about Joseph Smith based on documents and facts they had never heard before. A surprising number had not known about Joseph Smith’s plural wives. They are set back by differences in the various accounts of the First Vision. They find that Egyptologists do not translate the Abraham manuscripts the way Joseph Smith did, making it appear that the Book of Abraham was a fabrication.”…

“At the heart of this turmoil is the question of trust. Disillusioned Latter-day Saints feel their trust has been betrayed.”

“We know that airing criticisms troubles many Latter-day Saints. Like most Church teachers, the members of the seminar do not want to draw attention to questions that will only unsettle faithful members. But we also feel that silence is not the answer. The absence of instruction troubles questioners more than anything. They feel they have been betrayed because they came through their Church classes ignorant of the devastating information now a few clicks away on the internet. The gaps in their education leave them disillusioned and angry.”
Dianne Ormond
MormonThink.com
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

John Larsen wrote:Just to be clear....RFM and the Ex-Mormon Foundation are run by different people.

You mean there's hope for the Ex-Mormon Foundation?
_John Larsen
_Emeritus

Post by _John Larsen »

Dianne,

When are you guys going to put on ex-mo East? You Utah folks are always ignoring those of us in the mission field. ;)
_Dianne Ormond
_Emeritus

Post by _Dianne Ormond »

Do you want to head it up with our support?
More details are sent via PM.
Dianne Ormond
MormonThink.com
_John Larsen
_Emeritus

Post by _John Larsen »

Dianne Ormond wrote:Do you want to head it up with our support?
More details are sent via PM.

I can't really head up the ex-Mormon conference as a Mormon now, can I? ;)