Exmormon Foundation Conference

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dianne Ormond
_Emeritus

Exmormon Foundation Conference

Post by _Dianne Ormond »

2008 Exmormon Foundation Conference is Oct. 17 - 19, 2008 at the Embassy Suites Hotel, Salt Lake City, UT. Go to http://exmormonfoundation.org/2008Conference for details. Amazing line up of activities and speakers for 2008, including Steven Hassan - mental health counselor and expert on cults!
Dianne Ormond
MormonThink.com
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Re: Exmormon Foundation Conference

Post by _The Nehor »

Just to be clear....there will be no attacks by Danite suicide bombers that night.

It's perfectly safe. :)
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_John Larsen
_Emeritus

Post by _John Larsen »

The Nehor wrote:Just to be clear....there will be no attacks by Danite suicide bombers that night.

The Danites have been pussies since they x-ed Wild Bill.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

John Larsen wrote:
The Nehor wrote:Just to be clear....there will be no attacks by Danite suicide bombers that night.

The Danites have been pussies since they x-ed Wild Bill.

We're just waiting for the ideal moment. Them the rivers will run red with the food coloring of the wicked and the streets will be piled high with the corpses of Sunstone publications and the screams of the apostates will cry high to the heavens when we TP all their houses. One day..........
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_GoodK

Post by _GoodK »

Has anyone been to this or is anyone planning on going?

I was thinking about going for my first time...
_ScottLloyd
_Emeritus

Post by _ScottLloyd »

Dianne Ormond wrote:2008 Exmormon Foundation Conference is Oct. 17 - 19, 2008 at the Embassy Suites Hotel, Salt Lake City, UT. Go to http://exmormonfoundation.org/2008Conference for details. Amazing line up of activities and speakers for 2008, including Steven Hassan - mental health counselor and expert on cults!

An "expert on cults"? Sounds like the conference appeals mainly to the Evangelical brand of anti-Mormon. Which raises the question: Can secular apostates from Mormonism co-exist peacefully with sectarian apostates from Mormonism? Sort of a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" kind of thing?
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

ScottLloyd wrote:Can secular apostates from Mormonism co-exist peacefully with sectarian apostates from Mormonism? Sort of a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" kind of thing?

Huh? I guess I would be considered a "secular apostate from Mormonism" and I get along fine with all types of people, Mormons included. What a dumb question.
_ScottLloyd
_Emeritus

Post by _ScottLloyd »

silentkid wrote:
ScottLloyd wrote:Can secular apostates from Mormonism co-exist peacefully with sectarian apostates from Mormonism? Sort of a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" kind of thing?

Huh? I guess I would be considered a "secular apostate from Mormonism" and I get along fine with all types of people, Mormons included. What a dumb question.

Just don't let anybody bring up Intelligent Design, eh Burt?
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

ScottLloyd wrote:Just don't let anybody bring up Intelligent Design, eh Burt?

LOL! Exactly. No, all kidding aside, I don't see people whose beliefs differ from mine as enemies (even those who subscribe to ID). I can get along with just about anyone. It's the clash of ideas that I find interesting. Message boards tend to make us look a lot more polarized than we really are. by the way, there was a Scott Lloyd in my mission (95-97). Are you he?
_ScottLloyd
_Emeritus

Post by _ScottLloyd »

silentkid wrote:
ScottLloyd wrote:Just don't let anybody bring up Intelligent Design, eh Burt?

LOL! Exactly. No, all kidding aside, I don't see people whose beliefs differ from mine as enemies (even those who subscribe to ID). I can get along with just about anyone. It's the clash of ideas that I find interesting. Message boards tend to make us look a lot more polarized than we really are. by the way, there was a Scott Lloyd in my mission (95-97). Are you he?

No. He could have been my son. Except that my eldest is only 11.