Please give financial reports in Conference again

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mahonri
_Emeritus

Please give financial reports in Conference again

Post by _Mahonri »

The LDS Church used to do it. Be responsible and report the financial condition and affairs of the Church so the membership would know what was happening.
Please do so again. Let the members know how much the make-work jobs given to otherwise unemployable lardbutts cost. How much the buildings and maintenance cost. Where the money actually comes from and where it really goes.
TRUST the members with the facts. Quit hiding those who swindle, steal and cheat the Church out of money. Prosecute them publicly just like you do some guy who published a calendar of Missionaries.

It is money freely given, where is the Accounting and Accountability?

And before it comes up, NO, I don't trust these guys. They listen to lawyers rather than having the first and overriding answer to any question be "what is right and just". Hiding facts and hiding behind lawyers lies and obfuscation only makes one look more like the liars and thieves these actions project.

Be open, honest and aboveboard with the money, where it comes from and where it goes. Even if one is stupid enough to believe Jesus needs $2 Billion for a shopping center it would be basic honesty to let those who profess membership know just where he is getting it from.

Publish the financial report once again. Not doing so looks as if someone is hiding something.
_LifeOnaPlate
_Emeritus

Re: Please give financial reports in Conference again

Post by _LifeOnaPlate »

Either way people will complain.
One moment in annihilation's waste,
one moment, of the well of life to taste-
The stars are setting and the caravan
starts for the dawn of nothing; Oh, make haste!

-Omar Khayaam

*Be on the lookout for the forthcoming album from Jiminy Finn and the Moneydiggers.*
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Mahonri wrote:The LDS Church used to do it. Be responsible and report the financial condition and affairs of the Church so the membership would know what was happening.
Please do so again. Let the members know how much the make-work jobs given to otherwise unemployable lardbutts cost. How much the buildings and maintenance cost. Where the money actually comes from and where it really goes.
TRUST the members with the facts. Quit hiding those who swindle, steal and cheat the Church out of money. Prosecute them publicly just like you do some guy who published a calendar of Missionaries.

It is money freely given, where is the Accounting and Accountability?

And before it comes up, NO, I don't trust these guys. They listen to lawyers rather than having the first and overriding answer to any question be "what is right and just". Hiding facts and hiding behind lawyers lies and obfuscation only makes one look more like the liars and thieves these actions project.

Be open, honest and aboveboard with the money, where it comes from and where it goes. Even if one is stupid enough to believe Jesus needs $2 Billion for a shopping center it would be basic honesty to let those who profess membership know just where he is getting it from.

Publish the financial report once again. Not doing so looks as if someone is hiding something.

For all we know, the reason the financials were pulled in the first place may still be valid.
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_Daniel Peterson
_Emeritus

Post by _Daniel Peterson »

I'm against this. If Church members realized how much of their tithing money goes to support my yachts, my Alpine hideaways, my Bahamian retreat, my fleet of private jets, and my otherwise lavish Mopologist lifestyle, there would be widespread rebellion in the ranks.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Daniel Peterson wrote:I'm against this. If Church members realized how much of their tithing money goes to support my yachts, my Alpine hideaways, my Bahamian retreat, my fleet of private jets, and my otherwise lavish Mopologist lifestyle, there would be widespread rebellion in the ranks.

So... you're saying BYU professors are overpaid?
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_Daniel Peterson
_Emeritus

Post by _Daniel Peterson »

harmony wrote:
Daniel Peterson wrote:I'm against this. If Church members realized how much of their tithing money goes to support my yachts, my Alpine hideaways, my Bahamian retreat, my fleet of private jets, and my otherwise lavish Mopologist lifestyle, there would be widespread rebellion in the ranks.

So... you're saying BYU professors are overpaid?

Not at all. I deserve at least twice as many yachts, chalets, beachfront cottages, jets, and limousines as I currently have.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Daniel Peterson wrote:Not at all. I deserve at least twice as many yachts, chalets, beachfront cottages, jets, and limousines as I currently have.

Two times zero is still zero. (I have a friend who is a dean on one of BYU's fine campuses... two times zero is still zero).

Nonetheless, open financials could be either troublesome and a testimony builder, depending on how the money is spent.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

harmony wrote:Nonetheless, open financials could be either troublesome and a testimony builder, depending on how the money is spent.

I'm not going to outright disagree with you here, but please allow me to give an alternate viewpoint:

Even if any and all financial dealings are 100% legal and on the up-and-up, it's still not in the church's best interests to reveal the finances.

Why? Because if the rank-and-file saw how many billions were pouring in, they'd all say, "Heh, what's my measly 10% compared to how much they're raking in? I obviously need the 10% more than they do."
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_collegeterrace
_Emeritus

Post by _collegeterrace »

Dr. Shades wrote:
harmony wrote:Nonetheless, open financials could be either troublesome and a testimony builder, depending on how the money is spent.

I'm not going to outright disagree with you here, but please allow me to give an alternate viewpoint:

Even if any and all financial dealings are 100% legal and on the up-and-up, it's still not in the church's best interests to reveal the finances.

Why? Because if the rank-and-file saw how many billions were pouring in, they'd all say, "Heh, what's my measly 10% compared to how much they're raking in? I obviously need the 10% more than they do."
that's exactly why I left!

Plus all of the time spent by the other members, I said meh, I need my time more than they do.

So I quit paying tithes and quit going to church. It was a win win.
... our church isn't true, but we have to keep up appearances so we don't get shunned by our friends and family, fired from our jobs, kicked out of our homes, ... Please don't tell on me. ~maklelan
_collegeterrace
_Emeritus

Post by _collegeterrace »

A dead prophet, Hinckley, said this during an interview held just before the 2002 mO'lympics:

REPORTER: IN MY COUNTRY, THE…WE SAY THE PEOPLE'S CHURCHES, THE PROTESTANTS, THE CATHOLICS, THEY PUBLISH ALL THEIR BUDGETS, TO ALL THE PUBLIC.

HINCKLEY: YEAH. YEAH.

REPORTER: WHY IS IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOUR CHURCH?

HINCKLEY: WELL, WE SIMPLY THINK THAT THE…THAT INFORMATION BELONGS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE CONTRIBUTION, AND NOT TO THE WORLD. THAT'S THE ONLY THING. YES.

The last tithing settlement that I attended, I was only shown my contributions and not the entire budget.

That dead prophet was a liar.

Watch the entire deceitful interview here, or read it here.
Conversation about financial information is at 13:45.
... our church isn't true, but we have to keep up appearances so we don't get shunned by our friends and family, fired from our jobs, kicked out of our homes, ... Please don't tell on me. ~maklelan