This whole Meldrum drama is giving me a EXMORGASM!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_TAK
_Emeritus

Re: This whole Meldrum drama is giving me a EXMORGASM!

Post by _TAK »

LifeOnaPlate wrote:Having seen the Meldrum thing from the inside, I can say your taking of his every word as truth is unfortunate.

Ohh - LOP is an insider !!
God has the right to create and to destroy, to make like and to kill. He can delegate this authority if he wishes to. I know that can be scary. Deal with it.
Nehor.. Nov 08, 2010

Post by _LifeOnaPlate »

I would add I am not saying Meldrum is purposefully lying, or that he is a bad person. He's probably telling it just like he sees it.
One moment in annihilation's waste,
one moment, of the well of life to taste-
The stars are setting and the caravan
starts for the dawn of nothing; Oh, make haste!

-Omar Khayaam

*Be on the lookout for the forthcoming album from Jiminy Finn and the Moneydiggers.*
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

I don't take his every word as truth, actually. He's making it up as he goes along just like the rest of you. The thing is, he doesn't realize that's what he's doing. He thinks some cosmic Sky Daddy is up in the universe (or out of the universe) somewhere feeding him little tidbits of truth. You think that too, only the problem is that the little bits of "truth" you perceive yourself to be getting from this imaginary deity don't happen to match up with the bits Meldrum thinks he's getting, so that sets up a conflict.

You exhibit what I talked about in my other thread, by the way. You believe in "revelation", as long as it's just your own revelation, or it comes from a Prophet or past Prophet and it's something that hasn't been discredited yet. Also, you don't seem too demanding, and don't seem to have very high hopes that a lot of your questions will ever be answered by God during this lifetime. And if it comes from someone else, or disagrees with what you believe to be true, then no, you really don't believe that person got that revelation.
Mormonism ceased being a compelling topic for me when I finally came to terms with its transformation from a personality cult into a combination of a real estate company, a SuperPac, and Westboro Baptist Church. - Kishkumen
_Equality
_Emeritus

Post by _Equality »

LifeOnaPlate wrote:I would add I am not saying Meldrum is purposefully lying, or that he is a bad person. He's probably telling it just like he sees it.

Following the Prophets, indeed.
"The Church is authoritarian, tribal, provincial, and founded on a loosely biblical racist frontier sex cult."--Juggler Vain
"The lds church is the Amway of religions. Even with all the soap they sell, they still manage to come away smelling dirty."--Some Schmo
_LifeOnaPlate
_Emeritus

Post by _LifeOnaPlate »

Equality wrote:
LifeOnaPlate wrote:I would add I am not saying Meldrum is purposefully lying, or that he is a bad person. He's probably telling it just like he sees it.

Following the Prophets, indeed.

I know that probably sounded better and made more sense before you typed it out and clicked "submit." ;)
One moment in annihilation's waste,
one moment, of the well of life to taste-
The stars are setting and the caravan
starts for the dawn of nothing; Oh, make haste!

-Omar Khayaam

*Be on the lookout for the forthcoming album from Jiminy Finn and the Moneydiggers.*
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

I just read all of the angry posts at MAD over Meldrum. LOL! There was a lot of suggesting that Rod "couldn't use church facilities" anymore but there was nothing definitive brought up about this and it was mentioned he has a fireside in a chapel in idaho coming up.

It was also mentioned that Sorenson would never use church facilities like Rod does for his purposes.

Hmm. Let's think about that for a minute. Since Meldrum is pretty much teaching church doctrine, and since Sorenson and others are teaching apostate doctrines, it would make sense that Meldrum would be the one speaking in the chapel.

I would suggest Sorenson just get online, open an

account here and on MAD and teach his Internet Mormonism over the internet.

You know what one of the funniest things is about this? It's always been the case on FAIR/MAD and Z that the apologists would get all bent out of shape and attack any person who registered and presented Chapel Mormon ideas. They immediately suspected such Chapel Mormons to be trolls, critics in disquise, trying to create the illusion that the Church really does believe things like the hill Cumorah is in NY.

And now? They are all admitting that the chapels are overflowing with people who believe these doctrines only proffered by trolls, and that Meldrum is vastly more popular than their heaviest hitters. LOL! It's got a be a lot of critics and apostates pretending to support Meldrum in his firesides!
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.