If I did it, was it wrong?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Re: If I did it, was it wrong?

Post by _Darth J »

Oh, and Eric:

I really enjoy your failure to comprehend that the issue is not "exposing" my posts about Miley Cyrus, but your misrepresentations about it and taking it completely out of context. Your ability to grasp the issues is part of what makes your narrative about Bob and Daniel Peterson and the rest of this conspiracy so fascinating.

Let's one more time look at these posts that I'm so afraid of and that have hit such a nerve with me:

Darth J wrote:In another thread titled "Perpetual loathing", Dr. Scratch, other posters, and I were having a back and forth with jskains about his previous reference to a shotgun and misspelling "clever" as "cleaver." On page 2 of that thread, jskains said this to Dr. Scratch:

jskains wrote: Like I said. A boring, one trick pony. Your like Miley Cyrus, only without the money.

I followed that post with this:

I wrote:Scratch is like Miley Cyrus?

Maybe we really do need to get that room together.

(jskains had previously said that Scratch and I should get a room together.)

Josh replied with:

jskains wrote:You really find her hot? You and I definitely have different views on women. :)

JMS

My first response to that was:

I wrote:
Here, I'll get someone a little more up your alley.

I followed that with:

I wrote:You're right. What was I thinking? What the hell is wrong with me?

_Eric

Post by _Eric »

Darth J wrote:I have a fun idea, Eric.

I have a funner one. Post a picture of yourself next time you want to post a picture of a woman you find attractive. I'm sure it will add some much needed perspective to this habit of yours.

Why don't you respond to Bob indicating that all these lawsuits you're talking about don't exist in court records, and tell us the name of the court and the case number for each lawsuit, so that we can check these public records about the claims you're making?

Sure. That sounds like a great idea. You're so upset you aren't even thinking clearly. Darth Nibley, I know this sounds insane to you, but I don't care if you believe me about the lawsuits. Feel free to not believe any of them exist. Bob has said explicitly that he wishes to contact the lawyers and meddle with the cases, and even if he didn't say that, I still wouldn't cross that line. And even if I did cross that line, I don't answer Troll-Bob's questions.

My mission in life is not to have some pervy-poster knowing the first and last names of minor children who have been abused by Mormons at the Gulag. Especially now, after this Miley Cyrus grossness.

Nice try.

You still don't understand that you've proved in this thread that you don't know what you're talking about with Bob's alleged ethical breaches. But at least give us a chance to look at some evidence of something.

Yes, I proved that by making you have an utter meltdown. Wow. And you believe this stuff?

Or you could explain how someone is being awarded monetary damages in juvenile court. I wasn't quite clear on that, since it makes no sense at all. Did you actually say that?

No, I didn't say that. So, are you not going to justify your verbal flashing anymore? Because that's really what this thread is about now. It's why I'm still here.
_DaniteDan
_Emeritus

Post by _DaniteDan »

Eric wrote:
DaniteDan wrote:Eric wrote:

"I am definitely not having this conversation"

You know Eric - you actually have a lot of Mormon traits...

That is by far the meanest thing anyone has ever said to me. Damn you.

Hey - you have my condolences regarding your Mormon gulag fiasco - you didn’t like indoctrination - and when you tried to be independent - they sent you off for remedial indoctrination. But if you love truth - then live it at every moment. It’s difficult to see when you are young but it’s important. Make sure everything you write is what occurred - credibility is everything. If there are corrections that need to be made then make them and go on. It’s crazy to have a great case but then self sabotage through small errors. Tell the truth - you will prevail.
If one is forever cautious, can one remain a human being?"

Alexander Solzhenitsyn
_Eric

Post by _Eric »

Your ability to grasp the issues is part of what makes your narrative about Bob and Daniel Peterson and the rest of this conspiracy so fascinating.

The "narrative" about Bob and Daniel Peterson unfolded before everyone's eyes, long before you blessed us with suggestive pictures of teenage girls. There is no conspiracy. There is nothing about that episode that is disputed by anyone except you. And only because you're uber pissed off that I mentioned your weird posting habits.

You're boring me now, Darth Nibley. This lashing out is getting pretty dull and repetitive. Some people just don't know when to fold.
Last edited by _Eric on Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Eric

Post by _Eric »

DaniteDan wrote:Hey - you have my condolences regarding your Mormon gulag fiasco - you didn’t like indoctrination - and when you tried to be independent - they sent you off for remedial indoctrination. But if you love truth - then live it at every moment. It’s difficult to see when you are young but it’s important. Make sure everything you write is what occurred - credibility is everything. If there are corrections that need to be made then make them and go on. It’s crazy to have a great case but then self sabotage through small errors. Tell the truth - you will prevail.

Is it a sign of how serious people here take themselves, and the impact they think their posts have on the world, that it is being suggested that every one of my posts here have something to do with third-party lawsuits?

Holy cow. I know some people don't get the chance to showcase their writing... but this is ridiculous.

Thanks, though, for the kind words. When I'm serious, I'm serious. I think most posters - when they aren't on a mission to "pile on me" (ewww.gross.sick) - can tell the difference. Nothing I've said about the Mormon Gulag is false or exaggerated in the least bit. Besides, I don't post here as an ambassador for every grievance against West Ridge Academy.
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

Darth J wrote:I have a fun idea, Eric.

Eric wrote:I have a funner one. Post a picture of yourself next time you want to post a picture of a woman you find attractive. I'm sure it will add some much needed perspective to this habit of yours.

You bet. Look how well things have worked out for Bob by your knowing his in real life identity.

Why don't you respond to Bob indicating that all these lawsuits you're talking about don't exist in court records, and tell us the name of the court and the case number for each lawsuit, so that we can check these public records about the claims you're making?

Eric wrote:Sure. That sounds like a great idea. You're so upset you aren't even thinking clearly. Darth Nibley, I know this sounds insane to you, but I don't care if you believe me about the lawsuits. Feel free to not believe any of them exist. Bob has said explicitly that he wishes to contact the lawyers and meddle with the cases, and even if he didn't say that, I still wouldn't cross that line. And even if I did cross that line, I don't answer Troll-Bob's questions.

I see. You care only to make assertions about matters that you are making public. You just don't care to support these assertions.

My mission in life is not to have some pervy-poster knowing the first and last names of minor children who have been abused by Mormons at the Gulag. Especially now, after this Miley Cyrus grossness.

Nice try.

That's okay. You can search by the defendant's name, which Bob has done, and found only one such case.

But I hear you about this Miley Cyrus grossness. Girls are icky, huh? And I understand how you don't want to put that in context, because it would be inconsistent with your narrative.

Darth J wrote:You still don't understand that you've proved in this thread that you don't know what you're talking about with Bob's alleged ethical breaches. But at least give us a chance to look at some evidence of something.

Eric wrote:Yes, I proved that by making you have an utter meltdown. Wow. And you believe this stuff?

As I said before, Eric, it is perfectly understandable for you to impute to others the only emotions to which you are able to relate.

Darth J wrote:Or you could explain how someone is being awarded monetary damages in juvenile court. I wasn't quite clear on that, since it makes no sense at all. Did you actually say that?

No, I didn't say that. So, are you not going to justify your verbal flashing anymore? Because that's really what this thread is about now. It's why I'm still here.

Oh, my mistake. I appreciate your still being here, though. I'm not quite sure what "verbal flashing" is supposed to be, but......what was this thread about, again? Oh that's right: you said "Let's start with the facts."

It can be difficult sometimes to understand the difference between a "fact" and a "claim." I think it was my wanting you to explain how I could tell one from the other regarding the things you say that got us here.

Eric, just admit you have no intention of supporting the assertions you made at the start of this thread, and I'll go talk to someone else.
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

Eric wrote:The "narrative" about Bob and Daniel Peterson unfolded before everyone's eyes,

I wonder if Bob or Daniel Peterson dispute your characterization of what unfolded before everyone's eyes.

long before you blessed us with suggestive pictures of teenage girls.

You're welcome.

There is no conspiracy. There is nothing about that episode that is disputed by anyone except you.

So the people actually involved all agree with your story? I'm sure they're glad to have learned that.

And only because you're uber pissed off that I mentioned your weird posting habits.

I think it's interesting that you criticize Mormons for leaving out details and taking things out of context. I admire your ability to show us how a real champion of truth operates.

You're boring me now, Darth Nibley. This lashing out is getting pretty dull and repetitive. Some people just don't know when to fold.

Yeah. Now are you serious that you're leaving this time, or will there be innumerable additional times that now you're for real leaving and you're not kidding?
_Eric

Post by _Eric »

Have you seen the documentary the Boys of Baraka?

I'm not saying my situation is anything like theirs, but one thing you'll notice in the movie is that the boys are constantly ripping on each other. It makes the movie pretty hilarious at some parts, actually, despite the overall sadness in the film.

One of the boys says in the opening interviews that another boy who would be going to Baraka with him "said some x-rated stuff about [his] mother. Some stuff that a Jehova's Witness wouldn't even believe."

Another clip towards the end of the movie shows the boys hiking Mount Kenya and most of the segment is two boys asking each other questions; why one stutters so much and why the other's lips are so big.

My friends and I do the same thing to each other, still, to this day. We rip on each other relentlessly. When one of us starts to get butthurt about it, we turn it up even more.

I guess I'm just not used to some people having complete emotional breakdowns when a little heat is applied. That's why I like Trevor, despite appearing to not like him at times.

He gets his chops busted, and he busts chops back. He doesn't shut-down. He doesn't have unprecedented meltdowns like Darth Nibley.
Last edited by _Eric on Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

Eric wrote:Have you seen the documentary the Boys of Baraka?

I'm not saying my situation is anything like theirs, but one thing you'll notice in the movie is that the boys are constantly ripping on each other. It makes the movie pretty hilarious at some parts, actually, despite the overall sadness in the film.

One of the boys says in the opening interviews that another boy who would be going to Baraka with him "said some x-rated stuff about [his] mother. Some stuff that a Jehova's Witness wouldn't even believe."

Another clip towards the end of the movie shows the boys hiking Mount Kenya and most of the segment is two boys asking each other questions; why one stutters so much and why the other's lips are so big.

My friends and I do the same thing to each other, still, to this day. We rip on each other relentlessly. When one of us starts to get butthurt about it, we turn it up even more.

I guess I'm just not used to some people having complete emotional breakdowns when a little heat is applied. That's why I like Trevor, despite appearing to not like him at times.

He gets his chops busted, and he busts chops back. He doesn't shut-down.

Darth J wrote: Eric, just admit you have no intention of supporting the assertions you made at the start of this thread, and I'll go talk to someone else.
_Eric

Post by _Eric »

Darth J wrote:That's okay. You can search by the defendant's name, which Bob has done, and found only one such case.

If I was as lame as you, I'd take this comment and run with it and call you dishonest and proclaim (to chirping crickets) that you've been shown to have no credibility whatsoever.

Actually, I am the one that brought that case to the attention of Bob, in response to his allegations that there were no cases ever filed against West Ridge Academy. I also added the case to West Ridge's Wikipedia page. He didn't find it at all. And, as any real lawyer would tell you, cases that are settled out of court are not searchable.

In Darth J's voice (which sounds a lot like Al Gore's on South Park): "You don't know what you're talking about! I'm serial!"

I posted the summary of that case on my website a long time ago, Darth Nibley. Long before anyone else knew about it. Long before you posted pictures of teenage girls in their underwear on this discussion board.

Go ahead. Take a break from watching the Teen's Choice Awards on YouTube and see for yourself.

So shall I go on and on until we all fall asleep about how you don't know what you're talking about? Apparently that's the kind of dialogue you find persuasive.

Yawn. Darth J: FTL.

ETA: LOL @ Darth J suggesting he's famous enough to be instantly recognizable. I'm sure.

I think the picture I posted of him earlier was more to-scale than I could have imagined.