Is oral sex immoral for temple married couples?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_rallychild
_Emeritus

Is oral sex immoral for temple married couples?

Post by _rallychild »

This question has probably been asked and answered a bazillion times, but, i'm knew, so cut me some slack. i'm embarrassed to ask my bishop, so, riddle me this--- if you are a worthy, temple married and attending couple, is oral sex considered immoral in the eyes of God? I've heard both yes and no, and I don't know who to believe. I can never get a consistent answer in the Mormon church.
_cinepro
_Emeritus

Re: Is oral sex immoral for temple married couples?

Post by _cinepro »

In short, no.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Cinepro in right, but I can imagine some Church members making oral arguments both ways.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Tchild
_Emeritus

Post by _Tchild »

rallychild wrote:This question has probably been asked and answered a bazillion times, but, i'm knew, so cut me some slack. i'm embarrassed to ask my bishop, so, riddle me this--- if you are a worthy, temple married and attending couple, is oral sex considered immoral in the eyes of God? I've heard both yes and no, and I don't know who to believe. I can never get a consistent answer in the Mormon church.

Sad that you come here to defile this board with talk of oral depravities and unrighteous lasciviousness'.

Anyway, since you are new here, you deserve a little slack concerning this sensitive matter. Why don't we take these unholy conversations off of the main board and you can just email me privately, in extreme detail...including a few dozen pics of what you are referring to, style, position, clothing or lack of clothing worn etc etc, and hopefully I can be of some service...errr, to resolve this delicate matter of course.
_MCB
_Emeritus

Post by _MCB »

What the two of you do in bed is between the two of you.
Huckelberry said:
I see the order and harmony to be the very image of God which smiles upon us each morning as we awake.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... cc_toc.htm
_Uncle Dale
_Emeritus

Post by _Uncle Dale »

rallychild wrote:This question has probably been asked and answered a bazillion times, but, i'm knew, so cut me some slack. i'm embarrassed to ask my bishop, so, riddle me this--- if you are a worthy, temple married and attending couple, is oral sex considered immoral in the eyes of God? I've heard both yes and no, and I don't know who to believe. I can never get a consistent answer in the Mormon church.

Welcome to the Board.

When I was a kid, my LDS cousin brought home a hand-out
from YWMIA with a title of something like "Being a Moral Liahona."
The text told girls and young women how they had to take
the lead in preserving chastity -- because men were not so
"pure," or some such word.

There was a section on improper kissing -- which I took to mean
more than a single kiss, at the end of a couple's date, or maybe
too long of a kiss.

But my cousin related, that in the talk given to the Mutual girls,
they were told that any bodily kissing, NOT ON THE MOUTH, was
unacceptable to God, and led to breaking the law of chastity.

Perhaps some of our female participants here can recall similar
"dating instruction" in the LDS Church --- or, at least the phrase
of being called as a "moral Liahona," to guide males away from
immoral acts.

UD
-- the discovery never seems to stop --
_MrStakhanovite
_Emeritus

Post by _MrStakhanovite »

rallychild wrote: if you are a worthy, temple married and attending couple, is oral sex considered immoral in the eyes of God?

Only if you put it on the internet.
_Willy Law
_Emeritus

Post by _Willy Law »

I think there has been a lot of confusion about this. See the letter below from Kimball in 82. It seems to give bishops the right to ask members about their "oral" habits, calling them "unnatural, impure and unholy".
Apparently this was such a fiasco that they recanted about 10 months later. Not sure that carte blanche has ever been issued, but even in my TBM days I say have at it.
It is my province to teach to the Church what the doctrine is. It is your province to echo what I say or to remain silent.
Bruce R. McConkie
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

The important thing is that you don't tell anyone what you are doing except maybe a therapist that is not affiliated with the church if the need arises.

"OMG! You mean we are going to do something that our priesthood leader doesn't know about?! For shame!"

Just don't be too wild or else one thing will lead to another and before you know it, you will be out frolicking with the sheep at Farmer Johnson's place. You need to bridle everything up and keep it under control. Tighten the bolts down so hard that you can't get your mind off the subject.
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_dblagent007
_Emeritus

Post by _dblagent007 »

The letter says that if it bothers you enough to ask about it then you shouldn't do it. So don't ask about it (don't ask don't tell).

Who cares what these guys think anyway? The only thing they do is give us nice grandfatherly like advice every six months (and demand a huge chunk of our time and money in return).