The Furniture of The Book of Mormon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_thews
_Emeritus

Re: The Furniture of The Book of Mormon

Post by _thews »

Runtu wrote:
If you are proud of the souls you turned to the false prophet that is Joseph Smith and you would do it again… ok, who the f*** am I to tell you what comes around.

Where the hell is that coming from? Neither of us said anything like that, especially that we would do it again. Anyone who has read my mission memoirs knows where I stand on that issue.

I guess we're all supposed to be up on your opinion of everything aren't we Runtu? It's very simple... either you're happy about converting people to the Mormon faith or you regret it. I didn't ask you, but as the head cheerleader chimes in with yet another tag team response, your opinion doesn’t stand alone but with a “we” stance… pathetic.

Runtu wrote:I honestly don't know why you pounce on every minor statement as if it's a sign that [u]we're[/u] still secretly believers. Bizarre.

You speak for a lot of people Runtu. Too bad you don't have the stones to speak for yourself. I honestly don't give a rat's ass what you think about a conversation you decided to champion as the cheerleader. :highfive:
2 Tim 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine.
2 Tim 4:4 They will turn their ears away from the truth & turn aside to myths
_Molok
_Emeritus

Post by _Molok »

thews wrote:
Molok wrote:Thews, maybe darth doesn't think it is any of your business how he raises his kids? That might explain why he isn't giving you all the savory details you are concerning yourself with. You are one creepy dude.

And you're an asshat without muhh to offer in discussion... so? You're sucking hind tit in the cheerleading squad... you really are quite the badass aren't you?

Aw look. I made it mad. That's cute.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

thews wrote:I guess we're all supposed to be up on your opinion of everything aren't we Runtu? It's very simple... either you're happy about converting people to the Mormon faith or you regret it. I didn't ask you, but as the head cheerleader chimes in with yet another tag team response, your opinion doesn’t stand alone but with a “we” stance… pathetic.

So, let's recap: "either you're happy about converting people to the Mormon faith or you regret it." To my knowledge, neither DJ nor I said anything about that subject, just that we don't regret serving a mission based on what we knew at the time. In other words, it does no good to have regrets because, given the situation, there wasn't much we could have done differently. Reading comprehension does not seem to be one of your strengths.

Runtu wrote:You speak for a lot of people Runtu. Too bad you don't have the stones to speak for yourself. I honestly don't give a rat's ass what you think about a conversation you decided to champion as the cheerleader. :highfive:

I can speak for the "we" that you lumped together, Darth J and me. My initial post was my expression that I understood what Darth meant and that I felt the same way for the same reason. How that's "cheerleading" is beyond me.

Do you have Asperger's, by chance?
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_68Cadillac
_Emeritus

Post by _68Cadillac »

Can you guys please attack and misinterpret each other in another thread? Your hatred and misunderstanding of each other's posts have nothing to do with my original post.

UNIVERSAL RULES:

4. Do not "derail" threads or otherwise insert commentary that has nothing to do with a thread's opening post.

RULES FOR THE TERRESTRIAL FORUM AND THE OFF-TOPIC FORUM:

2. No blatant or otherwise obvious personal attacks allowed.

You're both derailing my thread and attacking each other. Cut it out.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

68Cadillac wrote:You're both derailing my thread and attacking each other. Cut it out.[/size]

Those are bold words, indeed. Sorry about the derail. I don't hate thews. I was just commenting on your thread that I could relate to what you saw in your mission and that I have mixed feelings about the whole thing.

Carry on.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Molok
_Emeritus

Post by _Molok »

OKAY
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

68Cadillac wrote:Can you guys please attack and misinterpret each other in another thread? Your hatred and misunderstanding of each other's posts have nothing to do with my original post.

UNIVERSAL RULES:

4. Do not "derail" threads or otherwise insert commentary that has nothing to do with a thread's opening post.

RULES FOR THE TERRESTRIAL FORUM AND THE OFF-TOPIC FORUM:

2. No blatant or otherwise obvious personal attacks allowed.

You're both derailing my thread and attacking each other. Cut it out.

YOUR OP IS ABOUT THE ATTITUDES THAT MISSIONARIES HAVE ABOUT DOING MISSIONARY WORK. WHAT RUNTU AND I HAVE SAID IS ENTIRELY ON TOPIC. YOUR OP IMPLIES THAT YOU REGRET GOING ON A MISSION BECAUSE IT WAS A WASTE OF TIME AND YOU LIED ABOUT THE WORK YOU WERE DOING. YOU HAVE THEREFORE INVITED DISCUSSION ABOUT HAVING REGRETS ABOUT GOING ON AN LDS MISSION. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERN.
_Yahoo Bot
_Emeritus

Post by _Yahoo Bot »

Yes, like Runtu says, bold words all. [Mod: Knock of the sarcasm Bob are you're outta here.]
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

thews wrote:Raise your kids however you choose… your choice as their dad.

Really? I have your express permission to live my life as I choose and to raise my children as I choose? Gee, thanks, thews.

As you continue to find ways to claim I can prove what your intent is, you fail to deny they’re being raised Mormons. Good for you. I hope they grow up to live the truth in Joseph Smith’s version of God and follow the path you’ve laid out for them.

They are indeed being raised by Mormons. In fact, they're at church right now. Every few days or so, I just stick my head in their Primary classrooms just to see how they're doing.

I’m sure your kids will be able to tell the difference as they’re sent off to mind bending church with the Simon Belmonts there to teach them the truth. Again, good for you.

And if there is anyone who has shown a masterful grasp of LDS Church doctrine, it is Simon Belmont. Again, my little boy's current working theory is reincarnation, which is completely incompatible with LDS teachings, so you must be right that they can't think for themselves and make up their own minds about what they believe.

I know where you stand regarding the truth claims and when you came to this realization. If you wish to continue to play with your tag team pal in Runtu (drama queen highfiver extraordinaire) and define what you didn’t know then and why you’re proud of it now, then again, good for you. Do you keep in touch with the people you converted Darth? Are you proud you converted them based on what you know now? The answer is obviously an emphatic yes, so be very proud of your accomplishments as a missionary for the Mormon church.

Of course I keep in touch with the people I converted. With my kids always at church being raised by Mormons, I have plenty of time to hang around Italy and look up people I met there. I see that you have also decided that "don't regret" is equivalent to "proud of," so clearly I am in over my head trying to compete with your Vulcan-like logic.

And for the third time you again make the same point of telling me what I can or can’t assume based on the evidence rather than just explain what it is you are teaching your kids. It’s your choice as a father… what I think about it is moot, but if I convey a sympathetic sentiment to children who are brought up Mormon when their parent(s) know the religion is false, it’s because I do sympathize with what they’ll go through once they learn the truth.

I guess there's no point in trying to hide it anymore. Having shown that he knows much better than I do what is going on in my family, thews has forced me to admit that I am teaching my children that the LDS Church and its faith-promoting narrative are true. Some time in the future, my children will then be psychologically devastated when they learn that I don't believe in the LDS Church and that I arbitrarily taught them to believe in things that I know are false. Truly, thews' personal neuroses are applicable to everyone.

It's just my way of trying to emulate the sociopathic tribal God of the ancient Hebrews.
_Fionn
_Emeritus

Post by _Fionn »

I just have to say, the phone conversation between you and the DL reads like something straight out of Catch 22. *HA*
Everybody loves a joke
But no one likes a fool.