archeological find puts nephites in Utah

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_karl61
_Emeritus

archeological find puts nephites in Utah

Post by _karl61 »

I want to fly!
_DaniteDan
_Emeritus

Re: archeological find puts nephites in Utah

Post by _DaniteDan »

wouldn't that beat all - so much for trips to central America
If one is forever cautious, can one remain a human being?"

Alexander Solzhenitsyn
_karl61
_Emeritus

Post by _karl61 »

It's a better amphitheater than the one in Rome. I can see them cheering on the chariot races now.
I want to fly!
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

karl61 wrote:It's a better amphitheater than the one in Rome. I can see them cheering on the chariot races now.

It would have been a slow race. I don't think tapirs are very swift.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Buffalo
_Emeritus

Post by _Buffalo »

Well, if you're going to waste time looking for imaginary civilizations, you might as well do it close to home and save travel expenses.
Parley P. Pratt wrote:We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

Buffalo wrote:Well, if you're going to waste time looking for imaginary civilizations, you might as well do it close to home and save travel expenses.

+1

Especially with the way the economy is, haha
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_krose
_Emeritus

Post by _krose »

Buffalo wrote:Well, if you're going to waste time looking for imaginary civilizations, you might as well do it close to home and save travel expenses.

When I attended college in Cedar City, we had a ward activity once where we all hiked up the hill and were shown rock art that the leader assured us was created by ancient Nephites. I doubt that. It was probably the white Lamanite, Zelph. That dude got around.

Anyway, that definitely followed your "keep it local" suggestion.
"The DNA of fictional populations appears to be the most susceptible to extinction." - Simon Southerton
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

krose wrote:When I attended college in Cedar City, we had a ward activity once where we all hiked up the hill and were shown rock art that the leader assured us was created by ancient Nephites. .

An obvious Nephite. Notice the shield and steel sword.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Buffalo
_Emeritus

Post by _Buffalo »

A depiction of the Nephites after they invaded ancient Britain.

Parley P. Pratt wrote:We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.
_karl61
_Emeritus

Post by _karl61 »

A message on a rock reveals the bronking tapirs were a real show. There were different rules and nephites had to keep both hands in the air.
I want to fly!