Is it Scriptural to Pray to Heavenly Mother?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Is it Scriptural to Pray to Heavenly Mother?

Post by Philo Sofee »

Some moron says it is in the scriptures. Check it out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP66vUjS7t0

My new You Tube video showing the Bible definitely has prayers to Heavenly Mother and it is an appropriate spiritual activity. It is time to give Heavenly Mother the same air time as Heavenly Father. True, Mormons won't like that, but... who cares? It's scripture. Irrefutably so.
dastardly stem
God

Re: Is it Scriptural to Pray to Heavenly Mother?

Post by dastardly stem »

It's scriptural to pray to heavenly <anything you want> as far as I'm concerned. Bucket, egg, flower, aardvark....I mean whatever. But I like the effort to teach religions that women aren't lesser than men. I can get on board. I'll give it a listen at my earliest convenience.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:22 pm
Some moron says it is in the scriptures. Check it out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP66vUjS7t0

My new You Tube video showing the Bible definitely has prayers to Heavenly Mother and it is an appropriate spiritual activity. It is time to give Heavenly Mother the same air time as Heavenly Father. True, Mormons won't like that, but... who cares? It's scripture. Irrefutably so.
I've been praying to heavenly father and mother for as long as I can remember. When I close my eyes I see both of them when I pray. I admit, it's probably not something you'll hear most Mormons say but there's absolutely nothing wrong with praying to both of them. I'm tired of Mormons pretending like she's an after thought. Personally, I think heavenly mother could be a huge testimony builder for members and non members if we started to talk about her more. The brethren need to grow some balls and position her right beside Elohim in our doctrine and stop worrying about trying to make us look like we're Christians. Like you said, the doctrine is there to support such a change.
Ramus_Stein
Sunbeam

Post by Ramus_Stein »

I have read that some mystics and visionaries have had visions of Sophia in the past few centuries. After reading a few accounts of these experiences, they sound a lot like the First Vision and Nephi’s version of Lehi’s dream. I think Sophia is right there in front of us in the scriptures and the visions of more recent prophets and mystics. It is about time that more people took notice.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Guys I think we should stop talking about Heavenly Mother.

Heavenly Father can take our criticism but Mom is just too feminine to be able to deal with it!

That’s the standard Mormon argument, right?
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:55 am
Guys I think we should stop talking about Heavenly Mother.

Heavenly Father can take our criticism but Mom is just too feminine to be able to deal with it!

That’s the standard Mormon argument, right?
Yes, that is the standard argument. It's ridiculous.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Do that in Sacrament meeting and the presiding guy will turn off the microphone and ask you to sit down. Heavenly Mother is still subject to the Priesthood Ban until the Brethren decide otherwise.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Tacenda
Sunbeam

Post by Tacenda »

Listening to your podcast over on Mormon Discussions Podcast was an eye opener! I'm barely holding on to hope of an after life and there being a God and now I get to have a huge hope for a Mother in heaven. I figure it's possible. If we all live again, what's to say there aren't humans like us or Spirit like we'll all be. I'd die to know!!