What if Satan got his way?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

What if Satan got his way?

Post by _zeezrom »

What if Satan and his angels won the war in heaven? Yeah yeah. I know it is a crazy IF, but just what if? How would Satan remove free agency?

How would he prevent an independent spirit from rebelling? Mind control? Lots of whips and chains? What if, out of the 300 billion spirits, one escaped? Just one out of 300 billion. That would mean Satan could not totally remove free agency.

I guess the only way he could remove free agency would be to remove the individual. He would have to somehow absorb the consciousness of all 300 billion spirits I guess.

I don't get it...
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_Patriarchal gripe
_Emeritus

Re: What if Satan got his way?

Post by _Patriarchal gripe »

I'll take a stab at it. I am all over this Satan topic lately.

First, he would command that all would worship him, and make everyone believe that he had all the answers and all of the power. Then he would set up a system of hierarchy where only his favorites could live with him forever. After all, who would want billions of unwashed "intelligences" hanging around your marble palaces forever. He would "foreordain" these select few who were chosen for their amazing talent of doing no more than believing everything that Satan says, regardless of how unreasonable it might sound.

In order to get rid of the unwanted, he would probably send them on a short mission somewhere across the universe. Stick them in a controlled environment, and tell them they will have to pass a test. Use a little memory loss, throw in a whole bunch of weird holy books to confuse them all, then at the end of the whole deal, appoint a spokesman to speak for you who has zero credibility. All of the "foreordained" who are in the "know" will "get it", or be born to those who "get it" and be able to pass the ridiculous "test" and end up in Satan's inner circle.

Of course, there has to be a way to weed out the really dangerous elements. You know, those who like to think for themselves, and actually exercise their free agency by thinking about this crazy plan. Those are the ones who won't just bow down to a ruler. So Satan has a distinct way of identifying those troublemakers. He can spot them easily by the way they rebel from the holy books and appointed spokesmen.

Well, its a theory, as good as some other theories/cosmologies I have heard in my lifetime.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hello PG,

That was awesome.

V/R
Dr. Cam
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

Permission to repost for epic posterity?
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew
_Patriarchal gripe
_Emeritus

Post by _Patriarchal gripe »

Come on folks, there have to be other alternate universes out there, let's hear about 'em!
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Patriarchal gripe wrote:Come on folks, there have to be other alternate universes out there, let's hear about 'em!

Satan would make tithing a requirement for full fellowship, as he knows anything in this world can be bought with money.

Satan would insist that everyone be taught the same thing on the same day from the same manual.

Satan would put businesses before the poor and would never tell anyone who isn't top level managers where the money is spent.

Satan would whisper "let the widows and poor pay for it" in the ears of church leaders.

Satan would insist that he and only he could talk to God and anyone who disagrees with him would be excluded.
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

One good thing Satan would do: Satan would make BYU pay its own way.
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

harmony wrote:One good thing Satan would do: Satan would make BYU pay its own way.

I don't know... Maybe BYU would exist and tithing would pay for it just the same...

The only difference would be the colors and the mascot.
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.