Why I lost my virginity

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Socrates
_Emeritus

Re: Why I lost my virginity

Post by _Socrates »

Dr. Peterson, does "soaking" (coitus interruptus) carry a different sin denotation (and punishment) in Mormon theology/penitence than if there was ejaculation by the male while in the vagina?

Once there is penetration of the vagina, that is enough for coitus for rape. Is it different for Mormons in non-rape situations? Has fornication not occurred without ejaculation?

If not, why then did you need to probe?
Mr. Nightlion, "God needs a valid stooge nation and people to play off to wind up the scene."
_karl61
_Emeritus

Post by _karl61 »

Saying that thinking and doing something is the same is why some people may find fault and reject christianity but, if it is true it would explain the need for true grace in forgiveness, and confirm that we are all unprofitable servants. Then one would need to explain why willfull adulterous thoughts don't bring church courts in the LDS church.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want to fly!
_Daniel Peterson
_Emeritus

Post by _Daniel Peterson »

I don't intend to get into details.

LDSToronto wrote:Second, I don't think Dan shared enough information to break any confidences.

I have only a hazy recollection of the case to which In'able is referring. I remember that, once he raised the issue, I realized that maybe I had inadvertently said a little more than I should have. I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that I myself deleted something.

Anyway, I would never, ever, consciously betray a confidence from a church counseling situation, and have never done so. Never.

LDSToronto wrote:Dan, as well as anyone, knows this and I doubt he'd place confidentiality below his participation on a message board.

You're absolutely right.

I don't understand the compulsion that a few here seem to feel, that leads them to conclude from their disagreement with my religious beliefs that I must also be wholly unprincipled, vicious, and without normal human feeling.
_Inconceivable
_Emeritus

Post by _Inconceivable »

Daniel Peterson wrote:LOL. The thought of PMing you never crossed my mind, O charitable one. Don't flatter yourself.

Whether it crossed your mind or not, I received a PM several months ago from you about your history with a certain poster, your fear of him and what you've said to others about him. You might want to check your PM history.

If I'm permitted, I'll post your PM to me simply to demonstrate that you shouldn't be taken seriously. Certainly, it will only affect you (and not anyone that you should have kept confidences with).

Moderators,

you can split this if you'd like. I'm growing tired of this sophomoric man's sarcasm, condescending speech, hypocracy etc. Perhaps it's time to put up or shutup.
_Bob Bobberson
_Emeritus

Post by _Bob Bobberson »

Socrates wrote:Dr. Peterson, does "soaking" (coitus interruptus) carry a different sin denotation (and punishment) in Mormon theology/penitence than if there was ejaculation by the male while in the vagina?

Once there is penetration of the vagina, that is enough for coitus for rape. Is it different for Mormons in non-rape situations? Has fornication not occurred without ejaculation?

If not, why then did you need to probe?

Those are excellent questions. I hope that Dr. Peterson will explain.
_Daniel Peterson
_Emeritus

Post by _Daniel Peterson »

Inconceivable wrote:Whether it crossed your mind or not, I received a PM several months ago from you about your history with a certain poster, your fear of him and what you've said to others about him. You might want to check your PM history.

If I'm permitted, I'll post your PM to me simply to demonstrate that you shouldn't be taken seriously.

I don't permit it, because, whether you take what I said seriously or not, I do. And I won't expose myself or my family to physical danger just so you can gratify your malice.

Inconceivable wrote:Certainly, it will only affect you (and not anyone that you should have kept confidences with).

Yes, it could easily affect me, my wife, and my family.

Inconceivable wrote:I'm growing tired of this sophomoric man's sarcasm, condescending speech, hypocrisy etc. Perhaps it's time to put up or shutup.

By contrast, In'able, I have no particular feelings about you one way or the other.
_Morley
_Emeritus

Post by _Morley »

Daniel Peterson wrote:.... I don't believe that it's sexual, at least not in a direct way. (Prurient generally refers to exaggerated interest in sexual matters, by the way, but not quite always. Etymologically, it has to do with itching.)

The etymology of a word sometimes has little to do with its contemporary, accepted meanings. Are you suggesting that (in your usage in this thread) you were referring to itching?

Edited twice for clarity. Obviously, I can't seem to achieve that lofty goal.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

LDSToronto wrote:The Nehor opened the door. If he wants to keep his sex sins confidential, The Nehor should have never kissed and told on an internet chat board.

The Nehor never did any of this. The Nehor merely stated that someone's justification of their sins seemed hollow. He said his justifications for sinning were usually better. The Nehor never said or implied that the sins were the same. Thus sayeth the Nehor.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

LDSToronto wrote:I'm not suggesting that The Nehor has any obligation to answer any question, any more than any of us have any obligation to answer any question. What I am saying is that The Nehor opened the door for such questioning. Scratch isn't alone in his wondering; two questions entered my mind based on The Nehor's comment - What did he do, and what was the consequence? Neither were driven by a curiosity of The Nehor's intimate practices, they were driven by the general context of this thread.

Wow....you seem fascinated by my sins. Let me be honest here. I sin daily and repent daily. I don't use the word 'sin' as a buzzword to mean some horrific thing. It includes things as simple as uncharitable thoughts, being irritable, and not stepping up to help when I should have.

As for prurient interests, I've got to be honest and say that I didn't think Scratch's initial question was asked to satisfy some base desire; it just didn't seem sexually-driven.

Considering Scratch's previous crusade to try to get me to divulge all of my sexual habits for his view I find it hard to agree with your assessment.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Inconceivable
_Emeritus

Post by _Inconceivable »

Daniel Peterson wrote:
Inconceivable wrote:Whether it crossed your mind or not, I received a PM several months ago from you about your history with a certain poster, your fear of him and what you've said to others about him. You might want to check your PM history.

If I'm permitted, I'll post your PM to me simply to demonstrate that you shouldn't be taken seriously.

I don't permit it, because, whether you take what I said seriously or not, I do. And I won't expose myself or my family to physical danger just so you can gratify your malice.

Inconceivable wrote:Certainly, it will only affect you (and not anyone that you should have kept confidences with).

Yes, it could easily affect me, my wife, and my family.

Inconceivable wrote:I'm growing tired of this sophomoric man's sarcasm, condescending speech, hypocrisy etc. Perhaps it's time to put up or shutup.

By contrast, In'able, I have no particular feelings about you one way or the other.

Using your family as a human shield in an attempt to insulate yourself from your own aggressive behavior - How much do you really care about them?

I would rather see bullies like you busying themselves in a defensive posture than personally attacking others. So we'll see. You deserve it.

In the meantime, why don't you try to be intelligent enough to be nice.