Why the Church backed Prop 8 and other anti-Gay ballots

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Daheshist
_Emeritus

Why the Church backed Prop 8 and other anti-Gay ballots

Post by _Daheshist »

In the late 1960s Gordon B. Hinckley, an Apostle, had a close male relative that was using young male prostitutes, and also having sex with other men, and also female black prostitutes at a "party house" in Salt Lake City, and he was also married and had a position in the Church. Gordon B. found out about this. By Church Law, the close male relative should have been tried in a Church Court, then excommunicated. He was a counselor in a bishopric. But, of course, this did not happen. He later became a Stake President. There is "one rule" for the rank-and-file Members, and "another rule" for the top leaders and their families and "VIP" members who donate millions to the Church, and their families.

Instead, Gordon B. invited the male lover of his close male relative to Church Offices, and accused him on the spot. This guy admitted it, and this guy was excommunicated, his Mormon wife divorced him, and this was published in "The Improvement Era" (as all excommunications where in those days), and his business went into the toilet. He moved to Denver and started a small Mormon church consisting only of men from 18 to 30. The Church didn't work out.

Hinckley's close male relative never had a Church Court, and was never excommunicated, nor disfellowshipped. Nothing happened. He became a Stake President.

All the anti-Gay political stuff the Church has been involved in stems from Gordon B. Hinckley. He was really not a very bright fellow. He truly thinks that if you allow gays to marry, this will "break up" families, including Mormon families, like the bi-sexual flings of his close male relative almost ruined "his" family. Of course, Hinckley did not allow that to happen, but he violated Church law and did not inform the man's bishop of what was going on. These violations happen all the time when it comes to top Church leaders, their families, and the families of VIP members. The normal "Church rules" don't apply to them.

In Hinckley's warped little mind, "gay marriage" would somehow encourage Mormon men to have homosexual "flings" and even stop marrying women! Of course, this is ABSURD, but you must understand this is "Hinck Think". All "Hinck Think" was ABSURD. Remember, it was Hinckley who invented the "Friend Invite a Friend" thing in the Church in the early 1980s, lots of folks were baptized, and almost all of them went permanently inactive once their Mormon "friends" dumped them after baptism. Then Hinckley blamed the Members for it! He was an IDIOT. He may have had a basically good heart with good intentions, but he LIED all the time, covered-up, manipulated. He had a "Puppet-Master" personality. He enjoyed manipulating people....for the sake of manipulation.

I joined the Church because of Hinckley's "BS Machine" called LDS Public Affairs. He headed that for decades! I read "Reader's Digest" articles (really cleaverly disguished paid ads by the Church) on how moral andhonest and selfless Mormons were. I bought it! I believed the bull-shit! Took me years to discover the truth...that Mormons are as diverse as the general population, with Nazis at one end and Sweethearts at the other, and everything in-between.

Gordon B. Hinckley was a liar and manipulator, but he did not do so for personal gain. He was really under the illusion he was doing it for God.

Even though Prop 8 happened after Hinckley died, I'm sure he got promises from Tommy boy to carry on the torch. But, in recent years, after the Gay Backlash to losing Prop 8, I think Tommy is smart enough to not do another Prop 8 and let the whole thing drop.
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Re: Why the Church backed Prop 8 and other anti-Gay ballots

Post by _Drifting »

This seems far fetched, so Please cfr on the publicised details of the excommunication of the person involved with GBH's relative.
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator
_Daheshist
_Emeritus

Post by _Daheshist »

You remind me of Bishops who, after I told them my roommate were sleeping with Mormon girls, wanted "proof" and basically said: "I find that HARD TO BELIEVE"...which is saying "You're a liar" politely.

What I wrote is the truth, and the gay lover later accused Hinckley of being his lover (he lied), on tape, which was sold by Jeremiah Films for years. If I went back through all the old Improvement Eras, and found the man's name who was exed, it would say "Charles Van Damme has been excommunicated for violating his temple covenants". You would say, "That proves nothing". The only thing I could do to "prove to you this happened, is to have Hinckley's close male relative tell you himself, and he'll never do that.

Drifting wrote:This seems far fetched, so Please cfr on the publicised details of the excommunication of the person involved with GBH's relative.
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Post by _Drifting »

No, you misunderstand me. My apologies for not being clearer.

I called for a cfr to aid the thread, not to hinder it.
It is hard to believe and as such a lot of posters here will find it hard to take you seriously. Adding factual, verifiable information is important to prevent exactly the kind of reaction you thought I was having.
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”

_Daheshist
_Emeritus

Post by _Daheshist »

Drifting,

My information is factual, but it is not "verifiable". Some factual things are like that. I can tell a crowd of Evangelical Christians that "Christians" used to spit on me and threaten to kill me when I was a Mormon missionary. They laugh, call me a liar, or say "prove it". There is no way I can prove it, since I did not have a film camera rolling at the time. But...it happned. It is factual. Not all facts can be verified, especially since Hinckley is dead, and would never vertify, and Hinckley's close male relative is still alive, but would LIE about it I'm sure if asked. But what I wrote was true nevertheless.

Drifting wrote:No, you misunderstand me. My apologies for not being clearer.

It is hard to believe and as such a lot of posters here will find it hard to take you seriously. Adding factual, verifiable information is important to prevent exactly the kind of reaction you thought I was having.
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Post by _Drifting »

Daheshist wrote:Drifting,

My information is factual, but it is not "verifiable". Some factual things are like that. I can tell a crowd of Evangelical Christians that "Christians" used to spit on me and threaten to kill me when I was a Mormon missionary. They laugh, call me a liar, or say "prove it". There is no way I can prove it, since I did not have a film camera rolling at the time. But...it happned. It is factual. Not all facts can be verified, especially since Hinckley is dead, and would never vertify, and Hinckley's close male relative is still alive, but would LIE about it I'm sure if asked. But what I wrote was true nevertheless.

Drifting wrote:No, you misunderstand me. My apologies for not being clearer.

Fair enough

_Cardinal Biggles
_Emeritus

Post by _Cardinal Biggles »

I accept that there might not be any documentation of this event that you could show to us.

It would be helpful for us to know how you came into the possession of this information nevertheless. Were you there? Did someone you know tell you about it? Did you read it somewhere?

Did you see it on a video? "Godmakers 2," perhaps?
_Morley
_Emeritus

Post by _Morley »

I call B.S.
_cinepro
_Emeritus

Post by _cinepro »

Daheshist wrote:In the late 1960s Gordon B. Hinckley, an Apostle, had a close male relative that was using young male prostitutes, and also having sex with other men, and also female black prostitutes at a "party house" in Salt Lake City, and he was also married and had a position in the Church. Gordon B. found out about this. By Church Law, the close male relative should have been tried in a Church Court, then excommunicated. He was a counselor in a bishopric. But, of course, this did not happen. He later became a Stake President. There is "one rule" for the rank-and-file Members, and "another rule" for the top leaders and their families and "VIP" members who donate millions to the Church, and their families.

Instead, Gordon B. invited the male lover of his close male relative to Church Offices, and accused him on the spot. This guy admitted it, and this guy was excommunicated, his Mormon wife divorced him, and this was published in "The Improvement Era" (as all excommunications where in those days), and his business went into the s*****r. He moved to Denver and started a small Mormon church consisting only of men from 18 to 30. The Church didn't work out.

Hinckley's close male relative never had a Church Court, and was never excommunicated, nor disfellowshipped. Nothing happened. He became a Stake President.

All the anti-Gay political stuff the Church has been involved in stems from Gordon B. Hinckley. He was really not a very bright fellow. He truly thinks that if you allow gays to marry, this will "break up" families, including Mormon families, like the bi-sexual flings of his close male relative almost ruined "his" family. Of course, Hinckley did not allow that to happen, but he violated Church law and did not inform the man's bishop of what was going on. These violations happen all the time when it comes to top Church leaders, their families, and the families of VIP members. The normal "Church rules" don't apply to them.

In Hinckley's warped little mind, "gay marriage" would somehow encourage Mormon men to have homosexual "flings" and even stop marrying women! Of course, this is ABSURD, but you must understand this is "Hinck Think". All "Hinck Think" was ABSURD. Remember, it was Hinckley who invented the "Friend Invite a Friend" thing in the Church in the early 1980s, lots of folks were baptized, and almost all of them went permanently inactive once their Mormon "friends" dumped them after baptism. Then Hinckley blamed the Members for it! He was an IDIOT. He may have had a basically good heart with good intentions, but he LIED all the time, covered-up, manipulated. He had a "Puppet-Master" personality. He enjoyed manipulating people....for the sake of manipulation.

I joined the Church because of Hinckley's "BS Machine" called LDS Public Affairs. He headed that for decades! I read "Reader's Digest" articles (really cleaverly disguished paid ads by the Church) on how moral andhonest and selfless Mormons were. I bought it! I believed the bull-s***! Took me years to discover the truth...that Mormons are as diverse as the general population, with Nazis at one end and Sweethearts at the other, and everything in-between.

Gordon B. Hinckley was a liar and manipulator, but he did not do so for personal gain. He was really under the illusion he was doing it for God.

Even though Prop 8 happened after Hinckley died, I'm sure he got promises from Tommy boy to carry on the torch. But, in recent years, after the Gay Backlash to losing Prop 8, I think Tommy is smart enough to not do another Prop 8 and let the whole thing drop.

Whoa whoa whoa....hold on a second here. Black female prostitutes?! That's where I draw the line.
_Cardinal Biggles
_Emeritus

Post by _Cardinal Biggles »

In all seriousness, though, Dahesh, I think that the real reason why the COJCOLDS backed Prop 8 is because of its paranoia that the legalization of gay marriage could possibly result in the COJCOLDS being forced to perform same-sex marriages in its temples.

Not that the failure of Prop 8 would have caused that. Not at all.

But I remember the "Yes on 8" crowd pointing to various "frightening" legal precedents in which other churches and people had been found liable for "discriminating" against same-sex couples. As I vaguely recall, one of them involved a photographer who didn't want to shoot photos at a gay wedding, and another involved a church denying a gay couple permission to use a pavilion with which the church was somehow associated. I am probably muddling the facts, so you'll have to forgive me.

I remember looking at the cited cases and determining that those cases did not actually hold what the "Yes on 8" people said that they did. It was a bunch of lies meant to frighten people into voting the way they wanted.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.