A Meltdown of Epic Proportions

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Trevor
_Emeritus

Re: A Meltdown of Epic Proportions

Post by _Trevor »

RayAgostini wrote:
Doctor Scratch wrote:Come on, Ray--jeez. Trevor has always spoken up when he's though [sic] that criticism has gotten out of hand. You need to take a chill pill.

And he once vehemently opposed you, but it seems like he got sucked in again. Not me, Scratch. You're a mole. A maggot. Until you tell me who you really are, I will consider you low-life and cowardly scum.

Well, I am not going to hash this out here. I don't see what I have done to merit this attack. I am not involved in this message board brouhaha at all. And I don't think not attacking Scratch or my dislike of Simon's nonsense constitutes me getting sucked into anything. You could have always messaged me first before you took a swipe at me here. I see no justification for this.
“I was hooked from the start,” Snoop Dogg said. “We talked about the purpose of life, played Mousetrap, and ate brownies. The kids thought it was off the hook, for real.”
_RayAgostini

Post by _RayAgostini »

Trevor wrote:Well, I am not going to hash this out here. I don't see what I have done to merit this attack. I am not involved in this message board brouhaha at all. And I don't think not attacking Scratch or my dislike of Simon's nonsense constitutes me getting sucked into anything. You could have always messaged me first before you took a swipe at me here. I see no justification for this.

Do what you feel has to be done. Would you like me to PM you on Facebook, or here? So we can square things out? I'm all for it. I'll say no more, but you know I know a lot more.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Ago
Until you tell me who you really are, I will consider you low-life and cowardly scum.

Been lurking at these exchanges...what exactly would Scratch's motivation be for telling you who he really is? To earn your respect?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_RayAgostini

Post by _RayAgostini »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Been lurking at these exchanges...what exactly would Scratch's motivation be for telling you who he really is? To earn your respect?

You've been an anti-DCP clone for a long time. I called you out on Liz's board, and all of your comments here have vindicated my call.

Get the personal hatred out of your system.
_Trevor
_Emeritus

Post by _Trevor »

RayAgostini wrote:Do what you feel has to be done. Would you like me to PM you on Facebook, or here? So we can square things out? I'm all for it. I'll say no more, but you know I know a lot more.

Do what I feel has to be done? I guess I would like you to message me to let me know what you think that I have done that caused you to address me here on this particular thread in this manner. I am not outraged so much as confused. I am guessing that I have done something in your view, and it may be that I have, but it might have been more productive to approach me in another way.
“I was hooked from the start,” Snoop Dogg said. “We talked about the purpose of life, played Mousetrap, and ate brownies. The kids thought it was off the hook, for real.”
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

RayAgostini wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

You've been an anti-DCP clone for a long time. I called you out on Liz's board, and all of your comments here have vindicated my call.

Get the personal hatred out of your system.

Uh, Ray? I am not "anti-DCP" nor do I hate him. Save your over emotional rhetoric for someone else, okay? What DCP did on the Cafeteria, was annoy me.

Please try to get it straight and stop projecting. It's ridiculous.
Chinese Proverb
_RayAgostini

Post by _RayAgostini »

Jersey Girl wrote:Uh, Ray? I am not "anti-DCP" nor do I hate him. Save your over emotional rhetoric for someone else, okay? What DCP did on the Cafeteria, was annoy me.

Please try to get it straight and stop projecting.

And because he "annoyed you", you very "objectively" decided to keep him "on topic". So you exercised your moderator powers, for the first time, I might add. And it's just pure coincidence that it was directed at DCP. Your bias was very obvious.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

asbestosman wrote:Calling Shades the king of MDB is different because Shades has different expectations. This isn't a friends only board. Shades has very few expectations--except when it comes to spelling and emoticons.

Besides, the spelling and emoticons were concessions of fealty at Shade's investiture.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Ago
And because he "annoyed you", you very "objectively" decided to keep him "on topic".

No, Ray. That's not what annoyed me. His dragging Scratch on to the Cafeteria is what annoyed me. I stated so clearly in full public view on the Cafeteria and also on this very thread.

I politely asked him to stay on topic because his post was the point of derailment for the thread in question. There is no way to "keep" someone on topic. I also asked another poster to stay on topic and yet, you chose to fixate on my words to DCP alone.

So you exercised your moderator powers, for the first time, I might add. And it's just pure coincidence that it was directed at DCP. Your bias was very obvious.

It was pure coincidence that I happened to start reading the thread in question, saw a derailment in progress, traced it back to the point of derailment and asked the poster (DCP) to stay on topic.

"Let's try to keep it on topic, okay?"

Those were my exact words.

Believe it or not, Ray, the whole entire cyberworld is not out to "get" DCP.
Believe it or not, a moderator politely asking a poster to stay on topic isn't the precursor to Armageddon.

And believe it or not, DCP doesn't need anyone to rescue him.
Chinese Proverb
_RayAgostini

Post by _RayAgostini »

Jersey Girl wrote:
No, Ray. That's not what annoyed me. His dragging Scratch on to the Cafeteria is what annoyed me. I stated so clearly in full public view on the Cafeteria and also on this very thread.

Have you thought about how many others it annoyed? Was Timp shy of taking him (DCP) up on the debate? And didn't say, "you annoy me!" "Piss off!" Timp was more than anxious to debate DCP. You tried to kill it, using your moderator powers.

Jersey Girl wrote:I politely asked him to stay on topic because his post was the point of derailment for the thread in question. There is no way to "keep" someone on topic. I also asked another poster to stay on topic and yet, you chose to fixate on my words to DCP alone.

And that other poster was Asty, another mod on Liz's board, who disagreed with your decision!

Jersey Girl wrote:It was pure coincidence that I happened to start reading the thread in question, saw a derailment in progress, traced it back to the point of derailment and asked the poster (DCP) to stay on topic.

Yep, Just "coincidence". Would "coincidence" have led you to reprove anyone else?

Jersey Girl wrote:Believe it or not, Ray, the whole entire cyberworld is not out to "get" DCP.
Believe it or not, a moderator politely asking a poster to stay on topic isn't the precursor to Armageddon.

And believe it or not, DCP doesn't need anyone to rescue him.

You, particularly as a mod, certainly tried to shut him up. Do you know what you posted here? And how you were out to "silence" DCP?