Is Harry Reid Now Moving Toward Official Church Discipline?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Droopy
_Emeritus

Is Harry Reid Now Moving Toward Official Church Discipline?

Post by _Droopy »

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/elisabethm ... dirty_liar

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pos ... _blog.html

http://news.investors.com/article/62087 ... -story.htm

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/08/03/r ... who-he-is/

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/07/31/h ... barrassed/

Could it be that a major public official, a leading Senator and one of the most politically powerful men in the United States, who is also a member of the Church, a man who will not release his own tax returns, and who is ostensibly lying repeated and with a facade of deep conviction, about a political opponent and a brother in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints in order to personally smear his character and accuse him of serious, felonious crimes for his own and his party's self-interested partisan political gain, who may himself have committed a felony in so doing, who does not appear to understand the concept of presumption of innocence within the constitution, and who continues to change his story as the days go on, may eventually find himself sitting before his Bishop and SP being tried for his standing, or even membership in the Church?

Its no longer a question of whether one can be a "good" Democrat or a "good' whatever and be considered a faithful LDS. The question now is one of the wholesale loss of ethical and moral bearings and the selling of one's character and fundamental decency to a political party and to personal, petty vendettas against threats to one's own political power, position, and career.

The question is now "Can one be considered a faithful Latter day Saint and at the same time be Harry Reid?"

Keep in mind, we are now in the era of gangster government, and these people, beginning with Obama and reaching throughout his administration, are political thugs. The SEIU is only one physically obvious manifestation of the general trend.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/oba ... 49152.html
Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father [in Heaven] and how familiar his face is to us

- President Ezra Taft Benson

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell
_Racer
_Emeritus

Re: Is Harry Reid Now Moving Toward Official Church Discipli

Post by _Racer »

It's called free speech and Reid can openly postulate about Romney's taxes all he wants no matter how low brow it is. Your calling his membership into question over this tripe? Its an election year, both parties are talking crap on each other and twisting each other's words. Romney isn't innocent of this behavior either. I am no fan of Reid, but give me a break.
Tapirs... Yeah... That's the ticket!
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

So Reid is to be subjected to Church discipline for this, while Romney, who lies almost every time he opens his mouth is innocent?

Not to mention that Droopy has made a hobby of supporting the cause of publicly accusing brothers and sisters in the faith when they did not meet up to his Gospel (conservative) standard.

That's Droopy for you.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

THe irony is, indeed, Kish, quite palpable......
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

Harry Reid is compelled by the oath and covenant of the priesthood to rebuke Mitt Romney.
_Joey
_Emeritus

Post by _Joey »

But does Reid not violate his temple recommend requirements when he openly supports gay marriage.  Isn't that a direct contradiction to the teachings of the prophet?  Isn't he supposed to sustain such teachings?
"It's not so much that FARMS scholarship in the area Book of Mormon historicity is "rejected' by the secular academic community as it is they are "ignored". [Daniel Peterson, May, 2004]
_Droopy
_Emeritus

Post by _Droopy »

Racer wrote:It's called free speech and Reid can openly postulate about Romney's taxes all he wants no matter how low brow it is. Your calling his membership into question over this tripe? Its an election year, both parties are talking crap on each other and twisting each other's words. Romney isn't innocent of this behavior either. I am no fan of Reid, but give me a break.

Reid has committed a serious crime if he is knowingly lying to slander Mitt Romney in public, as is the person at Bain, if such exists. But Reid's problem with the Church is going to be the moral vacuity that would allow him to slander, defame, and smear the character of another brother in the Church for petty personal political gain, and do so as a major public figure who represents the Church as one of the most powerful political figures in the nation.

Its an election year? Typical moral cop-out, but exactly what I'd expect in the trailerpark, the mothership of moral cop-outing.

Romney isn't innocent of this behavior either.

Don't feed me this tripe. Romney hasn't lied about anybody. All one has to do to be smeared as a liar by the Democrats is to tell the truth about them. That's the only requirement.
Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father [in Heaven] and how familiar his face is to us

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Darth J wrote:Harry Reid is compelled by the oath and covenant of the priesthood to rebuke Mitt Romney.

Yes, I am surprised Droopy doesn't agree with this logic. He has relied on it for years now.

You're not telling me that Droopy operates with a kind of double standard here because Harry Reid is a Democrat, are you?

I can't believe that a principled, learned gentleman like Droopy would ever do such a thing.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Droopy
_Emeritus

Post by _Droopy »

Kishkumen wrote:So Reid is to be subjected to Church discipline for this, while Romney, who lies almost every time he opens his mouth is innocent?

Ohhhhh Kish. You're lying again. Caught you in the act. Naughty naughty. I understand that, as a leftist, lying is something approaching congenital in nature for you. Its a staple of discourse here at the Trailerpark. The coin of the decrepit realm. Your leftist ideology and perception of the world demands, and indeed requires prevarication when facing opposition to your beliefs and assumptions, as does the moral relativism which is also among the defining psychological and ideological features of the leftist mind and its need to win at any cost.

Eggs must be broken to make omelets, after all (which seems to be Reid's guiding philosophy).

Lying, hypocrisy, assuming guilt without evidence or facts, vicious public libel and slander against another member for personal gain? This behavior would be bad enough as it is, and could easily land any member of the Church in a Church disciplinary counsel. Its grossly un-Christian and immoral conduct. But Reid is not just a typical member. He's a United States Senator wielding vast powers of state coercion. So Yeah, I'd say Bro. Reid has put himself in a very, very compromised position regarding his moral and ethical state, his qualifications to remain in power, and his standing in the Church.

- Thomas Sowell
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Droopy wrote:Ohhhhh Kish. You're lying again. Caught you in the act. Naughty naughty. I understand that, as a leftist, lying is something approaching congenital in nature for you. Its a staple of discourse here at the Trailerpark. The coin of the decrepit realm. Your leftist ideology and perception of the world demands, and indeed requires prevarication when facing opposition to your beliefs and assumptions, as does the moral relativism which is also among the defining psychological and ideological features of the leftist mind and its need to win at any cost.

Yes, I see so clearly that your conservative ideology is the gospel you truly value. Do go on.

Droopy wrote:Lying, hypocrisy, assuming guilt without evidence or facts, vicious public libel and slander against another member for personal gain? This behavior would be bad enough as it is, and could easily land any member of the Church in a Church disciplinary counsel. Its grossly un-Christian and immoral conduct. But Reid is not just a typical member. He's a United States Senator wielding vast powers of state coercion. So Yeah, I'd say Bro. Reid has put himself in a very, very compromised position regarding his moral and ethical state, his qualifications to remain in power, and his standing in the Church.

Yes, well, you have no trouble engaging in the public condemnation of your fellow members, so your naked hypocrisy is duly noted. You can dress it up any way you like, but it is clear that you are simply blinded by political bigotry, which is your true god and gospel.