Hitting the Airwaves

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_sansfoy
_Emeritus

Re: Hitting the Airwaves

Post by _sansfoy »

Madison54 wrote:
just me wrote:Pitch the damn book! LINK US UP! :lol:
sansfoy,
What is the subject of your book? I'm always interested in reading new material.....please post more information, ok?

It seems like it's out there, now, so oh, well. This is book four in a set of suspense thrillers set in a polygamist enclave. Some Mormons really don't like it, but a lot of Sunstone and NOM types seem to enjoy it. Here is what Laura Compton said in her AML review.
Hey listen don't you let 'em get your mind...
_sansfoy
_Emeritus

Post by _sansfoy »

Yahoo Bot wrote:
sansfoy wrote:As I said before, I am a doubter. I take it you're not buying that.

No I'm not. But, my opinion should count for very little to nothing.

Maybe not, but I'll listen to it, at least. If you don't think it was doubt, why do you think I left the church?
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Post by _The Erotic Apologist »

Yahoo Bot wrote:I listened to the Popp interview. The two of you were talking past each other. She wasn't interested in your books. You weren't really interested in taking a strong position on any topic relating to Mitt Romney. You didn't really even talk about your books. You didn't answer the question as to why you were no longer a member of the Church...etc...etc.

Good grief, Bob, this is an interview to plug a book, not a cross examination.

Social skills, Bob, social skills.
Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
--Han Solo, from William Shakespeare's Star Wars
_Madison54
_Emeritus

Post by _Madison54 »

sansfoy wrote:It seems like it's out there, now, so oh, well. This is book four in a set of suspense thrillers set in a polygamist enclave. Some Mormons really don't like it, but a lot of Sunstone and NOM types seem to enjoy it. Here is what Laura Compton said in her AML review.

Wow...your books look interesting!

Excellent reviews on Amazon too (4 stars with 202 customer reviews....not bad at all!). I'll be downloading it to my Kindle....thanks!
http://www.amazon.com/The-Righteous-Ser ... +Righteous
_Corpsegrinder
_Emeritus

Post by _Corpsegrinder »

Sansfoy, I'm about halfway through the audio version of THE WICKED. Great stuff so far. The Book of the Lost...what a cool turn of phrase. A great potential title, too. I also liked the small detail concerning the daguerreotype of Brigham Young in the home of a certain polygamist family--a BY daguerreotype would, of course, be extremely valuable, probably in the neighborhood of several hundred thousand dollars.

So...what exactly does "Sansfoy" mean? Is it French for "One who is without foy"?
_sansfoy
_Emeritus

Post by _sansfoy »

Corpsegrinder wrote:Sansfoy, I'm about halfway through the audio version of THE WICKED. Great stuff so far. The Book of the Lost...what a cool turn of phrase. A great potential title, too. I also liked the small detail concerning the daguerreotype of Brigham Young in the home of a certain polygamist family--a BY daguerreotype would, of course, be extremely valuable, probably in the neighborhood of several hundred thousand dollars.

What do you think of the narrator? I haven't listened to more than a few snippets as it's kind of painful to hear someone else read your books aloud.

So...what exactly does "Sansfoy" mean? Is it French for "One who is without foy"?

From archaic French, yes, via the Faerie Queene.
_Corpsegrinder
_Emeritus

Post by _Corpsegrinder »

sansfoy wrote:What do you think of the narrator? I haven't listened to more than a few snippets as it's kind of painful to hear someone else read your books aloud...

LOL! I wish I had that problem!

Well, I think she does a great job with Eliza's dialog. Eliza's pitch, timbre, and inflections form a picture of a likable busybody. She's intelligent and principled, albeit very naive--notwithstanding her experiences in the previous books. Eliza's voice is rendered in a manner very different from how I imagined it would have sounded, but I find myself liking it very much, nonetheless.