Starving the troll

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_why me
_Emeritus

Re: Starving the troll

Post by _why me »

zeezrom wrote:
Case in point:

This is how I view religious worship.

Idylle by William-Adolphe Bouguereau, 1851

Am I afraid of being "sanctioned" by my friends and family for believing this way? Yeah, a little.

If I had this view of religious worship and posted this picture, the people on this forum would call me a pervert and make light cotton jokes. Such is life. But I am glad zee that you also like light cotton. :smile:
I intend to lay a foundation that will revolutionize the whole world.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

why me wrote:If I had this view of religious worship and posted this picture, the people on this forum would call me a pervert and make light cotton jokes. Such is life. But I am glad zee that you also like light cotton. :smile:

Of course you have to sexualize everything.
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

zeezrom wrote:
why me wrote:If I had this view of religious worship and posted this picture, the people on this forum would call me a pervert and make light cotton jokes. Such is life. But I am glad zee that you also like light cotton. :smile:

And your interpretation of this picture is.... but that is not the point. If I would have posted the picture, I would have got trolled. It is as simple as that.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

zeezrom wrote:

Yup. He does it because he is a creepy pervert.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_aranyborju
_Emeritus

Post by _aranyborju »

why me wrote:And your interpretation of this picture is.... but that is not the point. If I would have posted the picture, I would have got trolled. It is as simple as that.

Why me, you have a history of making comments that are sexually disturbing, whereas Zee has a history of posting pictures of classical works of art. History generally dictates the response that a user receives when he/she posts something.
"A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows." - Samuel Clemens

The name of the "king" in Facsimile No. 3 of the Book of Abraham is Isis. Yes...that is her name.
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

Why Me,

None of these images are considered sexual. Why?

Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_Bob Loblaw
_Emeritus

Post by _Bob Loblaw »

liz3564 wrote:So all NOMs and Democrats are trolls. Nice. :rolleyes:

You really believe that?

ETA--Why do you lump NOMs and Democrats in the same category?

It's especially rich coming from the second-biggest troll here, bcspace.
"It doesn't seem fair, does it Norm--that I should have so much knowledge when there are people in the world that have to go to bed stupid every night." -- Clifford C. Clavin, USPS

"¡No contaban con mi astucia!" -- El Chapulin Colorado
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

liz3564 wrote:ETA--Why do you lump NOMs and Democrats in the same category?

Because Marlin Jensen, Boyd K. Packer, and James E. Faust are all NOMs?

The Holy Sacrament.
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

why me wrote:
zeezrom wrote:If I had this view of religious worship and posted this picture, the people on this forum would call me a pervert and make light cotton jokes. Such is life. But I am glad zee that you also like light cotton. :smile:

why me wrote:And your interpretation of this picture is.... but that is not the point. If I would have posted the picture, I would have got trolled. It is as simple as that.

Your choice of ellipses essentially confirms what Zeezrom said.

The difference between you is that Zeezrom can tell the difference between the Old Masters and "Girls Gone Wild."
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

aranyborju wrote:Why me, you have a history of making comments that are sexually disturbing, whereas Zee has a history of posting pictures of classical works of art.

Nonsense. Defenders of the church are trolled on this board. Critics however have a free ride in what they say to defenders. And this is why the defenders have fled the board. Now, critics are mentally stimulating themselves with their comments as they agree with one another. It is sort of a feel good board for critics with kudos, back slaps to each other.
Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith