Regarding liz3564 and a CALL FOR MODERATORS

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Re: Regarding liz3564 and a CALL FOR MODERATORS

Post by _Darth J »

Stormy Waters wrote:I say we waive the "God" requirement and make Mormon Jesus a moderator.

Mormon Jesus is God.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Stormy Waters wrote:I say we waive the "God" requirement and make Mormon Jesus a moderator.

You mean Mormon Jesus isn't a god without getting some kind of a waiver?
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

sock puppet wrote:

You mean Mormon Jesus isn't a god without getting some kind of a waiver?

He kind of did get a waiver, SP. We have to go through the trials and tribulations of this lone and dreary world, and prove ourselves worthy, and obtain a physical body, before we can become gods. But Mormon Jesus achieved pre-mortal godhood as the Jehovah of the Old Testament.
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hey Shades :smile:
Dr. Shades wrote: I believe her when she says that she didn't use any privileged information (specifically, I.P. addresses) accessible to her as a moderator when she did her detective work.

Pretty cool of you to say so, publically, on your board. in my opinion!

for what it's worth, I believe her too! :smile:

She spared me a whole lot of the routine "grunt" work of moderation, which I highly appreciate

Yes, after 5 plus years of being a moderator for this community, appreciation seems to be in order and it sure seems as though it has been earned!

Thanks, Liz! :smile:

Peace,
Ceeboo
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

sock puppet wrote:You mean Mormon Jesus isn't a god without getting some kind of a waiver?

Darth J wrote:He kind of did get a waiver, SP. We have to go through the trials and tribulations of this lone and dreary world, and prove ourselves worthy, and obtain a physical body, before we can become gods. But Mormon Jesus achieved pre-mortal godhood as the Jehovah of the Old Testament.

And now his disciples here are asking that he get another waiver? When will the man ever have to pay his dues?
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

I find your bigoted, anti-Mormon Jesus bromides extremely offensive, SP.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Darth J wrote:I find your bigoted, anti-Mormon Jesus bromides extremely offensive, SP.

Hey, I find Mormon Jesus as funny as the next MDB poster does. His new scriptures are very revealing.
_beefcalf
_Emeritus

Post by _beefcalf »

I think Stormy Waters is an excellent choice for moderator.
eschew obfuscation

"I'll let you believers in on a little secret: not only is the LDS church not really true, it's obviously not true." -Sethbag
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

I would nominate myself

without ~You must be willing to be a "clone" of me, moderating exactly and precisely the same way I would~ item.

You (plural all, damn...) may not believe it (and You may blow to my face the opposite), I would serve the purpose.
Yes, I am humble.

But -
I wasn't ever a clone. I am not and never will be.
In the army, this was not an advantage. Was far from it. My minority reports was famous...

Please read this as a minority report. And only half of it as a joke.

[#img] http://wumocomicstrip.com/img/strip/-WM ... -11-27.gif[/img]
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Post by _Drifting »

Dr. Shades wrote:please nominate yourself and ONLY YOURSELF in this thread. NO NOMINATION OF OTHERS; I want this thing to be 100% voluntary.

You can lead a horse to water... :lol:
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator