LDS.org's Advice for Sister Missionaries (hat tip to RfM)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Re: LDS.org's Advice for Sister Missionaries (hat tip to RfM

Post by _Drifting »

If you cannot find a more recent rebuttal on lds.org then you should, by bcspaces standards, consider it official doctrine.
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

Chap wrote:
"A sister missionary may be a wonderful person inside, but she must try to keep her physical appearance just as radiant; otherwise, the Holy Ghost cannot influence her in the fullest sense, and she will miss out on needed guidance and comfort."

WTF? If you don't look attractive, the Holy Ghost will not be able to 'influence' you?

He only bothers with dames who are hot enough for his tastes?

This is Heavenly Father we are talking about. The one who picked Mary, fair above all other...
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Post by _Drifting »

zeezrom wrote:This is Heavenly Father we are talking about. The one who picked Mary, fair above all other...

You have to wonder about a guy who creates a daughter attractive enough to impregnate her Himself...
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

Chap wrote:
"A sister missionary may be a wonderful person inside, but she must try to keep her physical appearance just as radiant; otherwise, the Holy Ghost cannot influence her in the fullest sense, and she will miss out on needed guidance and comfort."

WTF? If you don't look attractive, the Holy Ghost will not be able to 'influence' you?

You have heard the Faith-Promoting Rumor that the Holy Ghost is actually Joseph Smith, haven't you?
Mormonism ceased being a compelling topic for me when I finally came to terms with its transformation from a personality cult into a combination of a real estate company, a SuperPac, and Westboro Baptist Church. - Kishkumen
_Stormy Waters

Post by _Stormy Waters »

"Fatty Do's" "Fatty Don'ts" It's hard to believe those went out in a church magazine.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Chap wrote:

Sethbag wrote:You have heard the Faith-Promoting Rumor that the Holy Ghost is actually Joseph Smith, haven't you?

Ah. Well at least that would mean that he would be able to 'influence' lots and lots of sister missionaries at the same time. Indeed, the more the merrier.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

It is doctrine though.

Rights and Use Information (Updated 2/21/2012)Privacy Policy (Updated 2/1/2012)
© 2012 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.

Not the standard for doctrine. However, since publication is, it is doctrine. I recommend quoting in context though.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

This is all so evil, I can't...WHAT THE damned HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!?!?!?! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_TrashcanMan79
_Emeritus

Post by _TrashcanMan79 »

bcspace wrote:I recommend quoting in context though.

Which quotes have been taken out of context?
_TrashcanMan79
_Emeritus

Post by _TrashcanMan79 »

Stormy Waters wrote:"Fatty Do's" "Fatty Don'ts" It's hard to believe those went out in a church magazine.

Yep. It has been the official position of the Mormon Church since 1973 that "Fatties" shouldn't wear belts or knee socks. Isn't it wonderful? Isn't it marvelous?