Peterson Fagg do England

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Joey
_Emeritus

Peterson Fagg do England

Post by _Joey »

Ok.  So where can we drum up the interest for this spectacular trip????

http://www.cruiselady.com/tour-details.cfm?t=204

Sorry.  But after seeing Peterson promote this trip and reading through promo, I just had to ask:  Who in their right mind, looking to spend $4,000 plus for a vacation, would sign up for this trip????

Double Occupancy in Motel 6 accommodations as well!

Is this now his new gig to supplement his lack of teaching salary?

But the real laugher in this one is the attempt to make this Fagg guy sound inviting!!! Here is the quote from his bio:

"He specializes in finding unique gems off the beaten path frequently missed by the average traveler."

I thought that was John Lund's expertise for stealing artifacts!!!
"It's not so much that FARMS scholarship in the area Book of Mormon historicity is "rejected' by the secular academic community as it is they are "ignored". [Daniel Peterson, May, 2004]
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Re: Peterson Fagg do England

Post by _Quasimodo »

I see Stonehenge is on the tour. I wonder how DCP will explain that away?
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Shiloh

Post by _Shiloh »

Joey wrote:Ok.  So where can we drum up the interest for this spectacular trip????

Sorry.  But after seeing Peterson promote this trip and reading through promo, I just had to ask:  Who in their right mind, looking to spend $4,000 plus for a vacation, would sign up for this trip????

But the real laugher in this one is the attempt to make this Fagg guy sound inviting!!! Here is the quote from his bio:

"He specializes in finding unique gems off the beaten path frequently missed by the average traveler."

What a money-grubbing POS.

He's pitching a cruise to explore Church history in England. Shouldn't, perhaps, a HISTORIAN, lead such a cruise? There is no end to this man's ego.

It takes a lot of hubris to assert oneself as an expert on all things Mormon. Just because you write crappy polemical commentary (Text and Context) attacking the character of a fellow brother, doesn't mean you know jack-s**t about Mormon history -- especially in the UK.

You know, there are scholars who actually study Mormon history professionally.

With every passing day, DCP becomes more like Chris Heimerdinger and his co-hort Jakeman.
_Tchild
_Emeritus

Post by _Tchild »

Joey wrote:Ok.  So where can we drum up the interest for this spectacular trip????

I dunno, whoever pays the money must find it enthralling. If DCP can parlay his notoriety into vacation time traveling the world, then my hat is off to him.

If religion is the excuse to get off your ass and go see the world, then it is a pretty good excuse in my opinion.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Shiloh wrote:What a money-grubbing POS.

He's pitching a cruise to explore Church history in England. Shouldn't, perhaps, a HISTORIAN, lead such a cruise? There is no end to this man's ego.

It takes a lot of hubris to assert oneself as an expert on all things Mormon. Just because you write crappy polemical commentary (Text and Context) attacking the character of a fellow brother, doesn't mean you know jack-s**t about Mormon history -- especially in the UK.

You know, there are scholars who actually study Mormon history professionally.

With every passing day, DCP becomes more like Chris Heimerdinger and his co-hort Jakeman.

I suspect that DCP needs to find any income source he can these days. It is a little out of his realm of expertise, though.

I wouldn't count John Lund out of this, yet. He'll be the guy wearing a trench coat and dark glasses in the Stonehenge parking lot selling bronze age arrow points and Roman coins from his car trunk.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

_Shiloh

Post by _Shiloh »

It just dawned on me that Peterson has built a career almost entirely out of promoting/defending Mormonism.

Doesn't the Book of Mormon have a word for making money off of (supposed) pious religiosity?

Oh yeah, Priestcraft.
_hobo1512
_Emeritus

Post by _hobo1512 »

I like how they charge you extra if you use a credit card :lol:

They won't even absorb the card fee. That's pitiful
_Uther
_Emeritus

Post by _Uther »

Shiloh wrote:It just dawned on me that Peterson has built a career almost entirely out of promoting/defending Mormonism.

Doesn't the Book of Mormon have a word for making money off of (supposed) pious religiosity?

Oh yeah, Priestcraft.

Nah, this isn't priestcraft, more like mancraft if you ask me..
I think he is in the same boat as Rodney Meldrum. Maby they should make a joint venture.
Two nice chubbies and hubbalongs telling stories and helping people getting in an emotional state for money.
About Joseph Smith.. How do you think his persona was influenced by being the storyteller since childhood? Mastering the art of going pale, changing his voice, and mesmerizing his audience.. How do you think he was influenced by keeping secrets and lying for his wife and the church members for decades?
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Quasimodo wrote:I see Stonehenge is on the tour. I wonder how DCP will explain that away?

Did you know it took nearly five hundred Tapirs and their Druids using block, tackle and round rocks to haul each stone erect?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

moksha wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:I see Stonehenge is on the tour. I wonder how DCP will explain that away?

Did you know it took nearly five hundred Tapirs and their Druids using block, tackle and round rocks to haul each stone erect?

That's why I love this board! One learns something new every day.

I'm guessing it was Jaredites (no doubt the origin of Druids), being washed ashore in Cornwall by gulf stream currents and taking a break from their sea voyage to erect a homage to the Lord.

Jello is pretty popular in Briton to this very day.