Let Women Pray in General Conference | Facebook

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_The Mormon Report
_Emeritus

Let Women Pray in General Conference | Facebook

Post by _The Mormon Report »

_Spanner
_Emeritus

Re: Let Women Pray in General Conference | Facebook

Post by _Spanner »

Oh dear. This will be interesting.
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

People need to get a life. The economy is in the toilet. People are suffering throughout the world because of no work and exploitation. Many are poor without a pot to crap in...and we have this.

However, the good news is that Mormonism has made its mark and is now a frontline church and so, it must put up with nonsense as any other mainline church.
I intend to lay a foundation that will revolutionize the whole world.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_Sammy Jankins
_Emeritus

Post by _Sammy Jankins »

why me wrote:People need to get a life. The economy is in the toilet. People are suffering throughout the world because of no work and exploitation. Many are poor without a pot to crap in...and we have this.

Yes. They should be worried about the important things like how many earrings a girl wears.
_TrashcanMan79
_Emeritus

Post by _TrashcanMan79 »

Paging Brother Travis James Richardson!
_TrashcanMan79
_Emeritus

Post by _TrashcanMan79 »

why me wrote:People need to get a life. The economy is in the toilet. People are suffering throughout the world because of no work and exploitation. Many are poor without a pot to crap in...and we have this.

Looks like you're more concerned with the temporal than the spiritual. How sad. :sad:
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Sammy Jankins wrote:

Yes. They should be worried about the important things like how many earrings a girl wears.

I have whyme on ignore, and the problem is that when he gets quoted and hence brought to my notice it always seems to be because he has said something particularly stupid.

I mean, hello? The Mormons are going to have General Conference come hell, high water or economic meltdown. Allowing women to pray publicly during GC will do nothing to reduce the effectiveness of the CoJCoLDS as an agent of national regeneration. In fact, by making the church seem just that little bit less weird it can only do good to the cause that whyme seems to espouse.

What the hell is his problem?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Chap wrote:What the hell is his problem?

Chronic CathoMormonism.
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_The Dude
_Emeritus

Post by _The Dude »

TrashcanMan79 wrote:

Looks like you're more concerned with the temporal than the spiritual. How sad. :sad:

Why me is all worked up about proper sewage handling. It say that's downright earthly.
"And yet another little spot is smoothed out of the echo chamber wall..." Bond
_Sammy Jankins
_Emeritus

Post by _Sammy Jankins »

Chap wrote:I have whyme on ignore, and the problem is that when he gets quoted and hence brought to my notice it always seems to be because he has said something particularly stupid.

I mean, hello? The Mormons are going to have General Conference come hell, high water or economic meltdown. Allowing women to pray publicly during GC will do nothing to reduce the effectiveness of the CoJCoLDS as an agent of national regeneration. In fact, by making the church seem just that little bit less weird it can only do good to the cause that whyme seems to espouse.

What the hell is his problem?

Perhaps ignoring him is the best course of action. He seems driven to answer criticisms of the church regardless of whether or not he's thought through his arguments. It's like he believes that just putting up any type of counter argument counts for something.