Let Women Pray in General Conference | Facebook

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_cafe crema
_Emeritus

Re: Let Women Pray in General Conference | Facebook

Post by _cafe crema »

why me wrote:
consiglieri wrote:
So Mormons who question LDS practices should just up and get out?

That sounds extreme, especially when your every other post deals with speaking your mind in church meetings.

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

My point was simple: time for some maturity which these women do not have.

Pants day did not work so....what to do now?....oh...lets try this....maybe this will have legs...and if not...lets brainstorm for other ideas....we lds feminists (Most likely most have left the lds church) need to put our feet down....against male lds patriarchy.

Why shouldn't they speak out against the variety of ways they feel marginalized by the LDS church, using what ever methods they feel are appropriate and with which they are comfortable? If people feel they are not treated well should they remain silent just because others are fine with the situation? In what way would the women who don't care about praying at general conference be harmed if those who want to are allowed to do so? What is wrong with asking for change? And just because they fail the first time why should they give up, persistence is considered a virtue in other situations, why not with these women's unmet grievances?

By the way why do you mock and bash feminists?
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

ZelphtheGreat wrote:Have to wonder at the foolishness of leaders that allow something this petty to become an issue at all. The prayers of women aren't as good as those of the men?

Its not an issue at all. People can make an issue out of anything they wish to make an issue out of. But it doesn't make it an issue.
I intend to lay a foundation that will revolutionize the whole world.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

cafe crema wrote:

Who's mocking? And who is bashing? I think that there are much more important issues out there for former lds women and lds women to be concerned with. And they should see the big picture. Pants day was nonsensical since women can wear pants to church if they wish. And the biege shirt day was nonsensical. One can wear a color shirt if they wish. I do it all the time without any problems.

The Mormon and catholic church are similiar with their truth claims. Both churches rely on a higher authority to guide the church. They are not depended on the whims of the world. And both churches take heat because of it. Why aren't women allowed more say in the catholic church? When will we have a woman pope? Why aren't there any women cardinals? See my point?
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

why me STFU.

Why me wants to see thin soft cotton at general conference day. Bras are not required.
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

Polygamy-Porter wrote:why me STFU.

Why me wants to see thin soft cotton at general conference day. Bras are not required.

I don't mind women wearing light cotton to church at all. Rather nice in the summer.
Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

why me wrote:
Polygamy-Porter wrote:why me STFU.

I don't mind women wearing light cotton to church at all. Rather nice in the summer.

Would you like to see them not wear bras?
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

Sethbag wrote:and finally, in 2047, a woman will say the opening prayer in General Conference.
2047?

O, most wicked speed, to post. With such dexterity...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

Polygamy-Porter wrote:
Would you like to see them not wear bras?

Why not? However, there should still be modesty. Likewise for the men. No reason for a muscle show.
Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith
_cafe crema
_Emeritus

Post by _cafe crema »

why me wrote:
cafe crema wrote:

Who's mocking? And who is bashing? I think that there are much more important issues out there for former lds women and lds women to be concerned with. And they should see the big picture. Pants day was nonsensical since women can wear pants to church if they wish. And the biege shirt day was nonsensical. One can wear a color shirt if they wish. I do it all the time without any problems.

You are mocking and bashing.

why me wrote:The Mormon and catholic church are similiar with their truth claims. Both churches rely on a higher authority to guide the church. They are not depended on the whims of the world. And both churches take heat because of it. Why aren't women allowed more say in the catholic church? When will we have a woman pope? Why aren't there any women cardinals? See my point?

And the men in both churches can ask for guidance on these issues, but why should they if the women who are hurting don't make their feelings known?
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

cafe crema wrote:You are mocking and bashing.

And the men in both churches can ask for guidance on these issues, but why should they if the women who are hurting don't make their feelings known?

Hardly. The bashing of Joseph Smith on the catholic taliban site is severe and the mocking of the Mormon church is hostile.

Saying that a Facebook petition is nonsense is not bashing it is an opinion.

True about the guidance. But the petition does not state that. It is a petition to get a change in policy not for leaders to ask for guidance over the issue.

Lets have a petition about having honorary women cardinals so that women can also have a say in catholic church policy. Would you sign it?
Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith