Circumcision: Is it ethical?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Re: Circumcision: Is it ethical?

Post by _zeezrom »

I plan to teach my children that the practice is bad and that we as parents erred (due in part to misguidance by the ignorant) in doing it to them.
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

lulu wrote:

Beautiful, isn't it?

Like this?

This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_lulu
_Emeritus

Post by _lulu »

Quasimodo wrote:
lulu wrote:

Beautiful, isn't it?

Like this?

Plastibell is my favorite.

You slit his foreskin, stick in on there and then wait a week while his foreskin rots off.

I'm sure it doesn't hurt a bit and certainly not for a whole week.
"And the human knew the source of life, the woman of him, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, 'I have procreated a man with Yahweh.'" Gen. 4:1, interior quote translated by D. Bokovoy.
_lulu
_Emeritus

Post by _lulu »

Quasimodo wrote:Edit: (I keep adding to this) Circumcision is just as ethical as trimming a puppy's ears or lopping off it's tail.

And we all know a puppy's ears and tail are sensitive enough to give him an orgasm.
"And the human knew the source of life, the woman of him, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, 'I have procreated a man with Yahweh.'" Gen. 4:1, interior quote translated by D. Bokovoy.
_Arrakis
_Emeritus

Post by _Arrakis »

ControlFreak wrote: You can always wait until they are old enough to decide for themselves (8??), but be warned, it is very traumatizing as an adult based on my friend's experience.

I had elective surgery for a deviated nasal septum and shared a room with a guy who decided to get circumcised.....I thought I would go nutz listening to the guy moan and groan about how bad it hurt. :lol:
_lulu
_Emeritus

Post by _lulu »

Arrakis wrote:
ControlFreak wrote: You can always wait until they are old enough to decide for themselves (8??), but be warned, it is very traumatizing as an adult based on my friend's experience.

I had elective surgery for a deviated nasal septum and shared a room with a guy who decided to get circumcised.....I thought I would go nutz listening to the guy moan and groan about how bad it hurt. :lol:

Interesting medical establishment, noses and penises.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

lulu wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:Edit: (I keep adding to this) Circumcision is just as ethical as trimming a puppy's ears or lopping off it's tail.

And we all know a puppy's ears and tail are sensitive enough to give him an orgasm.

It's all mutilation. None of it is pretty.

I don't judge harshly those parents who do decide to get their son's circumcised. However, I am glad that we made the choice not to have that done with our son. From the research I was able to conduct, the medical benefits from NOT having the circumcision far outweighed the benefits of having one. It seemed a pretty clear-cut choice to me.
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

Circumcision is just the tip of a much bigger problem...
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_rallychild
_Emeritus

Post by _rallychild »

lulu wrote:So I ask the question again:

Which of you would consent to the removal of your daughter's clitoral hood?[/color]

I would not consent to any such practice.

If the removal of the clitoral hood had any legitimate medical preventative reasons combined with an absurd ideological belief, the justificiation for that practice from religious people would not surprise me.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

All this talk of circumcision reminds me of this Seinfeld episode about being a Godfather:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSo7bWWuavg