Active Son of a General Authority is Publicly Gay... *proof*

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Re: Active Son of a General Authority is Publicly Gay... *pr

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Jaybear wrote:
This particular gay Mormon still buys the party line that his natural desires are something that he has to suppress. He is welcome member so long as he doesn't rock the boat.

He is no different than the blacks pre78 who accepted their place as second class members.

Though I do agree with the notion that a gay member who accepts church doctrine does place himself/herself in a second class position. For that matter, women who accept the teachings of the Church about the 'place' of women in the Church, do too. Seems like the only 1st class people within the Church are white old guys.

Remind me again what every LDS picture of God looks like?

I wonder why that is?

If I were God, I'd be a twenty something with a six pack stomach.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_lulu
_Emeritus

Post by _lulu »

beanboots wrote:So, Lynn G. Robbins has an active son who is publicly gay. His name is Will Robbins and he served in the New York City New York Mission.

He publicly says on his Mormon.org profile that he's gay and he links to his Twitter and Facebook accounts.

See here: http://Mormon.org/me/7626/Will/

Many women in China supported foot binding c 1000 CE.

Get back to me when he's sealed to his boyfriend in the temple.
"And the human knew the source of life, the woman of him, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, 'I have procreated a man with Yahweh.'" Gen. 4:1, interior quote translated by D. Bokovoy.
_beanboots
_Emeritus

Post by _beanboots »

looks like he created the church of the all-knowing cactus. uh....

http://allknowingcactus.is-great.org/leadership-2/
I make an end of my writing upon these plates, which writing has been small; and to the reader I bid farewell, hoping that many of my brethren may read my words. Brethren, adieu.

“I believe if I had a house in hell and one in St. George I'd rent out the one in St. George and live in hell.”
-J. Golden Kimball
_Droopy
_Emeritus

Post by _Droopy »

beanboots wrote:
Kudos to him for being strong and demonstrating that not all Mormons are gay-bashing, hetero-centric, hypocrites.

Another non-information voter/citizen mans the barricades in the name of pansexual hedonism while lobbing the linguistic Molotov cocktails of political correctness.

He's the new wave of public gay Mormons. And he's got quite the name behind him.

Ah, the gay Mormon "new wave." Only one question: is Robbins celibate, honoring his covenants, and obeying the law of chastity, or has he fully adopted the "gay" identity and its associated lifestyles?
Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father [in Heaven] and how familiar his face is to us

- President Ezra Taft Benson

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell
_Droopy
_Emeritus

Re: Son of a General Authority is Gay... *proof*

Post by _Droopy »

bcspace wrote:
Kudos to him for being strong and demonstrating that not all Mormons are gay-bashing, hetero-centric, hypocrites.

I certainly have never heard of or seen any Mormons like that.

No one has. Normally, these kinds of people only exist in the overheated, overwrought minds of liberals so bereft of rational argument that the only means they have of propping up their phantasmic worldview is the feverish Two-Minuets-Hate routinely deployed against those who disagree with them in the usual pseudo-sophisticated neologisms ("hetero-centric") of political correctness.
Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father [in Heaven] and how familiar his face is to us

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell
_Droopy
_Emeritus

Post by _Droopy »

beanboots wrote:quote="bcspace"Kudos to him for being strong and demonstrating that not all Mormons are gay-bashing, hetero-centric, hypocrites.

I certainly have never heard of or seen any Mormons like that.

Then you must not live in California.

I lived in California for a decade, and I did see gay-bashing on one occasion during that period, and it wasn't by LDS or conservatives.

Intellectual honesty is definitely not the coin of the realm in this place, beanboots, but you could at least pretend to intellectual seriousness, just to keep up appearances.

- Thomas Sowell
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Droopy wrote:...but you could at least pretend to intellectual seriousness, just to keep up appearances.

Now here is a tidbit of actual mo doctrine. This is what makes the Droopster a stellar mo.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Droopy wrote:
No one has. Normally, these kinds of people only exist in the overheated, overwrought minds of liberals so bereft of rational argument that the only means they have of propping up their phantasmic worldview is the feverish Two-Minuets-Hate routinely deployed against those who disagree with them in the usual pseudo-sophisticated neologisms ("hetero-centric") of political correctness.

Yes because statements like this are obviously not gay bashing.

USU78 at MAD wrote:OTOH: Having been molested my prepubescent self, I know a fair bit about the outcome and long-term effects. I am triggered when I hear that certain lilt in the male voice modulated in order to project itself as belonging to the male American homosexual "community." I go into the protective crouch, if only mentally. That voice was the voice in my head when I built myself into a person not to be trifled with physically.

Everyone knows you can tell a gay molester by the 'lilt' in their voice.
Or maybe USU78 is just an "overwrought liberal".
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

The contrast is interesting. When I was raised Mormon, I repeatedly heard, in the Catholic bashing that went on, that celibate priests, monks and nuns went against the sexual nature of human beings, designed by god. God did not want us to be sexually frustrated for all our lives.

Now, the LDS Church has partially retreated in its fight against homosexuality, but asking sexual beings--gay Mormons--to be celibate.

Isn't it a marvelous work and a wonder?
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

bcspace wrote:
How many threads on mddb have your created, which threads have the sole and specific intent to ridicule and show how evil "gay" is.

I've merely presented the facts about homosexuality; a risky lifestyle and spoken against by God. On the other hand, people like you, to put it mildly, have been intolerant of others beliefs and have resorted even to blacklisting those who speak out or vote against you. I've been plugged into the gay community for years. I know the plan and the modus operandi.

How, exactly, have you been "plugged in", and what is their current modus operandi?

I remember you mentioning that you knew if quite a few gay people when you were on your mission, but when was your most recent encounter of people in the gay community and active in GLBT causes? Do you regularly attend meetings? If so, how are you received?