Active Son of a General Authority is Publicly Gay... *proof*

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_beanboots
_Emeritus

Active Son of a General Authority is Publicly Gay... *proof*

Post by _beanboots »

So, Lynn G. Robbins has an active son who is publicly gay. His name is Will Robbins and he served in the New York City New York Mission.

He publicly says on his Mormon.org profile that he's gay and he links to his Twitter and Facebook accounts.

See here: http://Mormon.org/me/7626/Will/

http://Facebook.com/will.robbins1

http://Twitter.com/willjrobbins

Kudos to him for being strong and demonstrating that not all Mormons are gay-bashing, hetero-centric, hypocrites.

Will says currently attends "Salt Lake Community College studying programming. It's an outlet for my meticulous and analytical personality."

He also says "I was excited about moving to Uruguay when I was nine years old, where dad was the mission president for Uruguay. I loved moving every few years to new places, back to Utah, then Guatemala City where dad was an area seventy for Central America. I got to finish high school in Utah, and served a mission in New York City."

He's the new wave of public gay Mormons. And he's got quite the name behind him.
Last edited by Guest on Thu May 09, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I make an end of my writing upon these plates, which writing has been small; and to the reader I bid farewell, hoping that many of my brethren may read my words. Brethren, adieu.

“I believe if I had a house in hell and one in St. George I'd rent out the one in St. George and live in hell.”
-J. Golden Kimball
_beanboots
_Emeritus

Re: Son of a General Authority is Gay... *proof*

Post by _beanboots »

He is also being cast as an extra for the church's Bible videos.
I make an end of my writing upon these plates, which writing has been small; and to the reader I bid farewell, hoping that many of my brethren may read my words. Brethren, adieu.

“I believe if I had a house in hell and one in St. George I'd rent out the one in St. George and live in hell.”
-J. Golden Kimball
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

Kudos to him for being strong and demonstrating that not all Mormons are gay-bashing, hetero-centric, hypocrites.

I certainly have never heard of or seen any Mormons like that.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_beanboots
_Emeritus

Post by _beanboots »

bcspace wrote:

Then you must not live in California.

-J. Golden Kimball
_3sheets2thewind
_Emeritus

Post by _3sheets2thewind »

bcspace wrote:

How many threads on mddb have your created, which threads have the sole and specific intent to ridicule and show how evil "gay" is.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Re: Active Son of a General Authority is Publicly Gay... *pr

Post by _bcspace »

How many threads on mddb have your created, which threads have the sole and specific intent to ridicule and show how evil "gay" is.

I've merely presented the facts about homosexuality; a risky lifestyle and spoken against by God. On the other hand, people like you, to put it mildly, have been intolerant of others beliefs and have resorted even to blacklisting those who speak out or vote against you. I've been plugged into the gay community for years. I know the plan and the modus operandi.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_beanboots
_Emeritus

Post by _beanboots »

gays are so evil, with their happy disposition, persecuted history, and idiosyncratic cultural norms.

oh wait, i think i just described Mormons. whoops.

-J. Golden Kimball
_Detlef Schrempf
_Emeritus

Post by _Detlef Schrempf »

bcspace wrote:

I've merely presented the facts about homosexuality; a risky lifestyle and spoken against by God. On the other hand, people like you, to put it mildly, have been intolerant of others beliefs and have resorted even to blacklisting those who speak out or vote against you. I've been plugged into the gay community for years. I know the plan and the modus operandi.

I'd like some clarification on how it is risky, please.
_Detlef Schrempf
_Emeritus

Post by _Detlef Schrempf »

I wonder if Brother Robbins knows the Community of Christ voted to support gay marriage.
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

What's the news here. It's almost like the fact that an LDS general authority has a gay son is being used to "stick it" to the Church. As if there were something wrong with that. Anyone care to explain this better?

Also, including all of the various quorums of Seventy, there are now in the hundreds of General and Area Authorities. Just statistically, assuming maybe 3% of their kids were gay, there'd be at least a dozen or more gay GA kids. And this would be remarkable how?
Mormonism ceased being a compelling topic for me when I finally came to terms with its transformation from a personality cult into a combination of a real estate company, a SuperPac, and Westboro Baptist Church. - Kishkumen