Racism was and is ugly.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_lulu
_Emeritus

Racism was and is ugly.

Post by _lulu »

The images of racism are ugly.

To not acknowledge or to suppress our racist past, including its ugliness and its ugly images, is in itself an act of racism.

To cover up that ugliness by moving images of it to a less noticeable location is a racist act.

To not publically give a rationale for such a move when requested to do so is also a racist act.

I choose to not associate with racists.

Therefore, I am leaving the board.
"And the human knew the source of life, the woman of him, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, 'I have procreated a man with Yahweh.'" Gen. 4:1, interior quote translated by D. Bokovoy.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Re: Racism was and is ugly.

Post by _EAllusion »

I didn't move the pictures, but they are potentially NSFW and plausibly impinge the norms of this forum. I can easily see why they were moved. The telestial is forum is read less frequently because of the content there, but it isn't intended to be a dumping ground of obscurity. The idea of that forum is to prevent hardline censorship while giving a nod to normative content expectations. Calling moving disturbing pictures there an act of racism is a hysterical response.

To not publically give a rationale for such a move when requested to do so is also a racist act.

That made sense to you when you wrote it?
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Post by _MsJack »

I didn't report the threads in question, and I think that an explanation should have been offered prior to this thread.

However, if people want those threads to stay in Terrestrial, it's as easy as linking to the images with a warning on their content, rather than using the IMG tags and displaying them.
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_Josh Seconal
_Emeritus

Post by _Josh Seconal »

It is racist to talk about racism
It is racist to talk about talking about racism
It is racist to acknowledge racism
It is racist not to acknowledge racism
To suppress our racist past is racist
To not suppress our racist past is racist
Racism is racist
Acceptance is racist

I do not associate with racists, therefore I am never leaving my home.
_Tobin
_Emeritus

Post by _Tobin »

Josh Seconal wrote:It is racist to talk about racism
It is racist to talk about talking about racism
It is racist to acknowledge racism
It is racist not to acknowledge racism
To suppress our racist past is racist
To not suppress our racist past is racist
Racism is racist
Acceptance is racist

I do not associate with racists, therefore I am never leaving my home.

LOL
"You lack vision, but I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night.... Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see. My God, it'll be beautiful." -- Judge Doom
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

The Terrestrial Forum is "Rated PG to PG-13."

The Telestial Forum is "Rated R."

If we rated photographs the same way we rate movies, what rating would the picture in question receive?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Shiloh

Post by _Shiloh »

Dr. Shades wrote:The Terrestrial Forum is "Rated PG to PG-13."

If we rated photographs the same way we rate movies, what rating would the picture in question receive?

Given that similar pictures can be found in middle school and HS textbooks, I would rate it a PG-13.
_Detlef Schrempf
_Emeritus

Post by _Detlef Schrempf »

PG-13

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427309/par ... tt_stry_pg
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

The images of racism are ugly.

To not acknowledge or to suppress our racist past, including its ugliness and its ugly images, is in itself an act of racism.

To cover up that ugliness by moving images of it to a less noticeable location is a racist act.

I choose to not associate with racists.

Therefore, I am leaving the board.

I'd say a preoccupation, like yours, with racism itself is likely racist.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_MrStakhanovite
_Emeritus

Post by _MrStakhanovite »

Has EA not explained to you why these ratings are not a good metric?