Who's left?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Bob Loblaw
_Emeritus

Who's left?

Post by _Bob Loblaw »

The way things are going, within a few years the only people who will be left in the church will be the fanatics, the insane, and the ignorant.

We see that already on this board: the only LDS posters we have here regularly are nut jobs like Tobin, the ignorant nut jobs like ldsfaqs and fanatics like bcspace. If they are the wave of the future the church is in serious trouble.
"It doesn't seem fair, does it Norm--that I should have so much knowledge when there are people in the world that have to go to bed stupid every night." -- Clifford C. Clavin, USPS

"¡No contaban con mi astucia!" -- El Chapulin Colorado
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Re: Who's left?

Post by _SteelHead »

I see faqs more as an ignorant fanatic, more fanatical than bc...... ;)
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Bob Loblaw
_Emeritus

Post by _Bob Loblaw »

SteelHead wrote:I see faqs more as an ignorant fanatic, more fanatical than bc...... ;)

Yeah, faqs is the real deal: he has the whole hat trick.
"It doesn't seem fair, does it Norm--that I should have so much knowledge when there are people in the world that have to go to bed stupid every night." -- Clifford C. Clavin, USPS

"¡No contaban con mi astucia!" -- El Chapulin Colorado
_Lucretia MacEvil
_Emeritus

Post by _Lucretia MacEvil »

Bob Loblaw wrote:The way things are going, within a few years the only people who will be left in the church will be the fanatics, the insane, and the ignorant.

And my sister.
The person who is certain and who claims divine warrant for his certainty belongs now to the infancy of our species. Christopher Hitchens

Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. Frater
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

There are few Mormons left -- hanging on to their testimonkeys.

SMILE FOR Mormon JEZUS AND HIS LOVERBOY, THE UNHOLY GHOST WHO WANST YOUR BODY FOR SEX!

Paul O
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

Does she fit one of the 3 categories?
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Lucretia MacEvil
_Emeritus

Post by _Lucretia MacEvil »

SteelHead wrote:Does she fit one of the 3 categories?

Well, yeah. I don't want to call her ignorant, but yeah.
The person who is certain and who claims divine warrant for his certainty belongs now to the infancy of our species. Christopher Hitchens

Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. Frater
_Arrakis
_Emeritus

Post by _Arrakis »

Bob Loblaw wrote:The way things are going, within a few years the only people who will be left in the church will be the fanatics, the insane, and the ignorant.

The Interwebz has played a large part in the exodus. Free exchange of information and opinion does not help the LDS cause.
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

We see that already on this board: the only LDS posters we have here regularly are nut jobs like Tobin, the ignorant nut jobs like ldsfaqs and fanatics like bcspace. If they are the wave of the future the church is in serious trouble.

I don't think bcspace is a fanatic at all.
I don't believe his posts on here are genuine, he's just trolling.
He's a fake.
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Bazooka wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:

I don't think bcspace is a fanatic at all.
I don't believe his posts on here are genuine, he's just trolling.
He's a fake.

You're probably right about that. Chapel Mormons don't play around this place like he does and neither do Internet Mormons that have half a testimonkey. Clearly BC is just deluded and playing around like a kid in the sandbox. Most of what he says is gibberish and snide remarks not worth reading. How long can he keep up the act? That's anyone's guess.

Paul O