BCSpace is my favorite mopologist

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

BCSpace is my favorite mopologist

Post by _Sanctorian »

I just want to say that BCSpace is by far my favorite on this site. He knows when to engage people and when to shoot and run. I even find myself laughing out loud when reading some of his stuff. I disagree with everything he says, but he makes this site better. I guess you could say I have a bit of a mopologist crush.

Tobin, Water Dog, Why me, etc. could all learn a few lessons from BCSpace. All hail king of the opposition.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_Tobin
_Emeritus

Re: BCSpace is my favorite mopologist

Post by _Tobin »

Why don't you two get a room then?
"You lack vision, but I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night.... Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see. My God, it'll be beautiful." -- Judge Doom
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Post by _Sanctorian »

Tobin wrote:Why don't you two get a room then?

I'd actually like to get a room with you. Something about your avatar and thoughts of a big squishy licking panda.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_Tobin
_Emeritus

Post by _Tobin »

Sanctorian wrote:

I'd actually like to get a room with you. Something about your avatar and thoughts of a big squishy licking panda.

ewwww
"You lack vision, but I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night.... Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see. My God, it'll be beautiful." -- Judge Doom
_DrW
_Emeritus

Post by _DrW »

Sanctorian wrote:I'd actually like to get a room with you. Something about your avatar and thoughts of a big squishy licking panda.

Tobin wrote:ewwww

Hey Tobin,

You were the one who brought it up. Projection much?
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Sanctorian wrote:I just want to say that BCSpace is by far my favorite on this site. He knows when to engage people and when to shoot and run. I even find myself laughing out loud when reading some of his stuff. I disagree with everything he says, but he makes this site better. I guess you could say I have a bit of a mopologist crush.

Tobin, Water Dog, Why me, etc. could all learn a few lessons from BCSpace. All hail king of the opposition.

I agree. :smile: Uh, not the crush part. :eek:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Maksutov wrote:
Sanctorian wrote:I just want to say that BCSpace is by far my favorite on this site. He knows when to engage people and when to shoot and run. I even find myself laughing out loud when reading some of his stuff. I disagree with everything he says, but he makes this site better. I guess you could say I have a bit of a mopologist crush.

I agree. :smile: Uh, not the crush part. :eek:

Bc is always a gentleman. I almost never agree with him either, but he is valuable to this board. The others are not quite as nice, but do prompt some great conversations. It would be very dull here if we all agreed on everything.

There is one poster here that goes out of his way to derail any thread he becomes involved with. I think we could do without that.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

I feel pretty much the same way you do about bcspace. I don't agree with much of what he says, but he does show occasional flashes of rationality and good sense, and he has a pretty good sense of humor. I have little doubt that we could become real friends if we knew each other in real life.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

I'm still on the fence as to whether he really means/believes 99% of what he says. I tend to think he does not.

I wouldn't call him my favorite though. Usually I skip his posts. Why read what seems to be intentional BS?

I guess my favorite defender of the faith is MG. It used to be the abs-man, but I think he's kind of changed sides recently.

And I don't even consider Toby a mopologist. To be a mopologist, what you're defending should at least sort of resemble the church.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

:lol:

Must be a slow day.

Bc is always a gentleman.

I think there are some here who would beg to differ, but thanks anyway.

I'm still on the fence as to whether he really means/believes 99% of what he says. I tend to think he does not.

I am occasionally tongue in cheek, but I think it's pretty obvious when I am. I think 99% is a reasonably accurate percentage for how much of what I say I truly believe. What do you think I say that I don't really believe?

I wouldn't call him my favorite though. Usually I skip his posts. Why read what seems to be intentional BS?

I happen to know it's a fact that you study my posts very carefully and then try to get others to do your dirty work.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.