Missionaries with Nothing to Do = Mischievousness (link)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_The Mighty Builder
_Emeritus

Missionaries with Nothing to Do = Mischievousness (link)

Post by _The Mighty Builder »

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=304737 ... id=queue-1

SALT LAKE CITY — Eight LDS missionaries serving in the Salt Lake City East Mission and their leaders are working with the Forest Service to remove a flagpole that the missionaries cemented to the top of Mount Olympus earlier this week.

Hikers discovered the flagpole with a U.S. Flag and an autographed mission T-shirt on Forest Service lands and alerted rangers. The Forest Service confirmed that posting the flagpole was indeed breaking the law.

“You would need to get a permit to put up a flagpole. In wilderness it wouldn’t be allowed at all,” said Kathy Jo Pollock of Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest.
_Phaedrus Ut
_Emeritus

Re: Missionaries with Nothing to Do = Mischievousness (link)

Post by _Phaedrus Ut »

I was grocery shopping a few weeks ago and notice a pair of missionaries in the grocery store with me. I spent a good 90 minutes doing my full shopping and they spent the entire time in the greeting card isle just killing time. I honestly think they were so bored they read every greeting card in the place.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Phaedrus Ut wrote:I was grocery shopping a few weeks ago and notice a pair of missionaries in the grocery store with me. I spent a good 90 minutes doing my full shopping and they spent the entire time in the greeting card isle just killing time. I honestly think they were so bored they read every greeting card in the place.

I wonder if they wandered over to the magazine rack after you left.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Arrakis
_Emeritus

Post by _Arrakis »

Quasimodo wrote:I wonder if they wandered over to the magazine rack after you left.

They were scoping out "Bare Naked Shoulders" magazine.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Arrakis wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:I wonder if they wandered over to the magazine rack after you left.

They were scoping out "Bare Naked Shoulders" magazine.

:lol:
No doubt they left a little sweaty and holding their Quads in front of them.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

When will missionaries learn? Nobody cares about their message.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.