Mormon Discussions and Covenants

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_just me
_Emeritus

Re: A Warning to Mormon Discussions

Post by _just me »

27. Come, my people, smile on thy brother, let all get together, and love one another right now,
28. Otherwise the blood of the young shall cry out unto me,
28. For ye are one in this board, and if ye are not one, ye are not mine,
29. And if ye are not mine, then shall I be very irritated.

:lol:
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_Dantana
_Emeritus

Post by _Dantana »

I'm curious as to why MJ has started revelating again? Does he know something I don't? Is it this Mayan/Jaradite calendar business? Should I start lookin to pick up a foreclosure in Adam-ondi-ahman?
_Mormon Jesus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormon Jesus »

Section 142

Revelation to Mormon Discussions given 14 April 2012. Some members of the board had found their faith strengthened and were seeking additional guidance from the Lord. Others were confused about the principles of continuing revelation. After the following was received, certain members referred to it as "the olive leaf," apparently believing that they sounded biblical when they said things like that.

1-3, The Lord does not want praise, does not want pity; 4-7, the Lord's word shall continue; 8-13, the Mayan calendar theories are foolish; 14-20, Yahoo Bot is a jackass; 21-22, the Lord speaks to some through folk magic and pareidolia; 23-31, members of Mormon Discussions receive the word of the Lord through His posts.

1. Thus sayeth the Lord, even the great I am,
2. Verily, I am what I am, even my own special creation;
3. Yea, this is life eternal: that ye can say, I am what I am;
4. Behold, ye inhabitants of the board, and marvel not that I speak unto you,
5. My works shall never cease, neither my words, neither my superfluous prepositions,
6. Wherefore, search these writings,
7. Yea, written on the pages is the answer to a neverending story;
8. And since ye have asked of me concerning things to come, behold I give unto you a sign, that ye may know I am the Lord,
9. Some have wondered concerning the calendars from ancient peoples, and whether it be correct when some say that the end is nigh unto us, even in the December that shall mark two-thousand and twelve years since I came in the flesh,
10. Wherefore I ask you a question: rememberest thou the panic preceding Y2K, and the false prophecies made by many that such would signal the end of times?
11. Remember also the joy thou felt on January 1, 2000, in mocking those who believed those false prophecies?
12. Even so shall it come to pass with the Mayan calendar, for I am the Lord, and thou mayest count on it;
13. For I yet have much work to do;
14. And in this wise, it is pleasing unto me that Yahoo Bot is again posting in my name,
15. For ye have heard it said, that scientists are using lawyers instead of lab rats, for verily there are some things that lab rats are not willing to do,
16. Behold, it is because of Yahoo Bot, and individuals like him, that such things are said,
17. Nevertheless, it is expedient in me that his unfortunate personality traits continue before the world, for verily, there are some who have been damaged by my holy Corporation, and seek to bring my Corporation before the magistrates of this land,
18. And it must needs be that there be much histrionics and assassination of character, to chasten those who suggest that my Corporation should ever be held accountable for anything; wherefore, it is meet in me to keep Yahoo Bot and his bretheren who are like unto him around;
19. And other talents also have I given unto Yahoo Bot, for the rebuking of the enemies of my holy and true Corporation;
20. For I shall also send him forth to do an scholarly work. Behold, Yahoo Bot has a library card, and surely this maketh him a scholar.
21. Therefore, o ye people of Mormon Discussions, doubt not, marvel not, that my words continue, for I speak to all men, according to their understanding;
22. Unto some, through a seer stone; to others, by a rod of nature; to some on the side of a mighty mountain, and again to others on a piece of toast, or a tortilla;
23. But unto you, I reveal my word as posts on this board, that in your weakness, ye may comprehend,
24. For as surely as a Disney Channel starlet shall become a train wreck and be cast asunder when she attaineth 18 or 19 years of age, so also shall my words surely come to pass;
25. And all who oppose my words shall come to naught, and shall face my wrath,
26. Yea, then shall my power be shown unto thee, and thou hast in no ways seen such a mighty and unstoppable onslaught of destruction, except that thou hast seen Daniel Peterson in a bakery;
27. Continue to turn unto me, and be not blinded by the philosophies of men,
28. Verily, philosophy is the talk on a cereal box; and religion, the smile on a dog,
29. Choketh thou me in the shallow waters, before I get too deep,
30. For I am the great I am; what I am is what I am,
31. Art thou what thou art, or what? Amen.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

I think that really is the Mormon Jesus, and he's just created an account to troll the board and yank our chain.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

I'm disturbed, Chris, that you think the Mormon Jesus is a troll. That sounds like some fundie EV propaganda to me!
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Corpsegrinder
_Emeritus

Post by _Corpsegrinder »

Blixa wrote:That sounds like some fundie EV propaganda to me!

Really? I thought he sounded kinda like Popeye the Sailor man. "Verily, I am what I am..."
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

Mormon Jesus wrote:12. Even so shall it come to pass with the Mayan calendar, for I am the Lord, and thou mayest count on it;

OK now I believe.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_MCB
_Emeritus

Post by _MCB »

No, Tator.

Re: You can count on it
Posted by Joe on February 25, 2009 at 18:28

In Reply to: You can count on it posted by Allen Archie on February 25, 2009 at 16:33:

: I was wondering about the origin of the phrase "You can count on it".

It is a French Idiom and Figurative Phrase

Vous pouvez y compter 'You can count on it'.

Common in the early to mid 1700's but only in French, British American usage early 1800's often in literature, and then often a French novel.

To locate origin will require French language skill.
http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/59/messages/763.html :smile:
Huckelberry said:
I see the order and harmony to be the very image of God which smiles upon us each morning as we awake.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... cc_toc.htm
_Morley
_Emeritus

Post by _Morley »

The best Jesus is Mormon Jesus.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Corpsegrinder wrote:
Blixa wrote:That sounds like some fundie EV propaganda to me!

Really? I thought he sounded kinda like Popeye the Sailor man. "Verily, I am what I am..."

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I BELIEVE in Mormon Jesus. Chris's demurring sounded suspiciously like some kind of scurrilous Fundie smear!
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."